Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 01-01-2018, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I want to see!! I'm doing a straight setting rather than the on point setting. I just posted pictures in the On Ringo Lake thread, if you want to see my first two rows together with the sashings. I can post the pics here too, unless Sue doesn't want to see the design yet.
I just saw your pic on the other thread SBG, it looks great! Wish I was so far along! I would love to see to see your layout too Bev! Some other people had different layouts too, such creative people!
Old 01-01-2018, 07:30 PM

Happy New Year Everyone ! and a Belated Merry Christmas!

I've been slowly mending , still doing PT as the knee doesn't want to cooperate. I don't want to leave the house to do PT tomorrow..too cold for me, not as cold as some of your areas but still in the single digits.

I've been trying to get some sewing done..bits and pieces that have been put aside...I can't understand where all the little pieces came from..discovering them all over the place...a little bag here then a bigger bag there...lots of charity quilts in the future..
Hope it gets warmer soon...Anne
Old 01-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Thank you, Jeanie! Looks like I will have to make some more blocks and sashings to build my Ringo Lake out to the size I want. So... back to the drawing board for those. I want to put together all the pieces I have in the mean time.

Anne, so great to hear from you! I have been thinking about you lately and wondering how you were doing. I'm in PT too... for a vertebrae out of line in my spine, and two degenerated discs. Been in pain about two years and finally got sick of it and am trying to get to feeling better. Hope your therapy is successful for your knee. Do your exercises at home!
Old 01-01-2018, 10:40 PM

Hi Anne - Happy New Year! I hope you knee gets better soon. My friend in Idaho had a knee replacement in early December. She has both knees replaced now. The pain just gets too bad that something has to get done. I am having a problem with the arthritis in my fingers and hand. I also have a knee that has arthritis. I have Osteo, not Rheumatoid thank goodness. My mom had both!

Get well soon!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:34 AM

Oh Anne! I am so glad to hear from ya! I know that PT is gonna get ya going again, so here I am cheering ya on! Actually all of us here are lined up on the sidelines shouting Go, Anne, Go!!!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-05-2018 at 09:18 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 01-02-2018, 08:35 AM

Sue, do let us know if ya want it to be a mystery or if ya want to see our ideas for the BH mystery.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:13 AM

Sue is ready and awaiting to see what you girls have done on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery. You will hear applause for each one from this 'peanut' section. LOL! I read the last clue or next clue was not going to be posted until January 8th. Guess I read that wrong. Let's see, let's see, let's see what you have done.

Its clean up day; I am cleaning up business papers and deals while dh is cleaning out his room and rearranging furniture in his room. Wow. It is so nice that he is feeling better!
Old 01-02-2018, 10:17 AM

Happy New Year, Anne. Yes, it got -18 here, but is warming up this week slowly. So happy we do not have to re-live the last three months of last year! They are history. The future is looking brighter, thank God!
Old 01-02-2018, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

Glad your hubby is feeling better, QNS!

Yes, the Bonnie Hunter mystery is over, as of yesterday. But there are still a lot of people who will be working on it for quite some time. I went a little 'rogue' and changed my colors to orange and royal blue (her colors are peach and aqua). I also decided not to do her 'on point' setting, mostly because I like the blocks better when set straight. So here is what I have together so far, and also a pic of the backing fabric I might use.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586444[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586445[/ATTACH]

Please post yours, Bev!
Attached Thumbnails img_3216.jpg   img_3217.jpg  
Old 01-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

Ah Anne, so good to hear from you. Sure hope that knee improves for you. All those little pieces have been hidden under the yardage quietly reproducing! Ask me how I know!

Love the backing idea SBG! I've never done a BH Mystery, but have several of her quilts waiting to be quilted.

We're still in subzero weather here...no major problems on the farm, but all MrOK wants to do when he gets in is wrap in a quilt and take a nap in his new recliner! I don't blame him a bit and always have something warm for him to drink or eat when the door opens.