Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 135 136
Results 3,376 to 3,382 of 3382

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Sue your 30's quilt is coming along wonderfully. Your flowers are lovely. All my flowers have been gobbled up by the deer. While the plants I planted are deer resistant they eat the flowers. We haven't had any rain since June so the grasses have all turned brown. Now they are coming to the yards & eating the flowers.
    I'm in FtWorth this week & gonna be taking care of my youngest DGSon's.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

It rained last night here, thank God. No LA, SBG. A special old Grace frame to tie the quilts or to hand quilt on, which after we got it together, I am not taking it down. I am too old to invest in a good long arm, and too blind to do it right. Better I save up and pay our good lady in the neighborhood area, or just finish the top and put it aside for now. Sending a smile to each of you today and a hug. Have a great day!

Sue, it's great you have a lady close by to do your quilting. So much of the expense is in postage when you have to mail them off.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Carrie, There's usually not a real estimate for the cost of making a quilt in the US-- with our fabric costs/minimum wage/etc it's hard to gauge. And the average person doesn't want to pay it. My sister recently got a lovely twin size quilt from Goodwill for $5. It was in excellent condition, in modern good quality quilting fabrics, and it was long arm quilted using a center edge to edge pattern and a different pattern in the border. I looked at her deal in unbelief and told her the quilting alone probably cost $150 or more.

QNS, Love the update on the 1930's sampler quilt! I see you are not setting the blocks like the book.

I've got my 9Patch snowball quilt back from SBG. She's done a great job quilting it for me! What a treat to have it! I have the binding cut and plans to sew that on this weekend. :-)

Givio, as I age my memory fades, so I arrange so the block names can be followed easily. Or as my first boss on the job said, "blaze the trail so anyone can follow it." I love simple. So I 'adopted' a new candy recipe made in minutes and easy, too. Use 3 packages of morels...like chocolate, peanut butter and white morsels (or butterscotch) melted together in the microwave, at 30 seconds at a time until melted, add a stick of butter and (optional 1/4 c of Karo syrup,) melted and mixed together. Add small marshmallows and nuts to the mixture, spread over a non-stick foil or pan and cool in refrigerator for two hours. Spread out thin, and I mean thin 'cause its better than a candy bar! Cheaper, too. Gotta have my chocolate when I quilt! or for breakfast and to be productive!

I had a very busy week taking care of my DGSons. I am one tired old lady. I am glad to be home.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Yes QNS, I find cooking shortcuts all the time...simpler meals = less work!

Grands are great, but home and quiet is, too, dublb.

As mentioned earlier, I've been decluttering. I have 4 13 gallon garbage bags of single knits, ribbing, and fabric suitable for diaper bags to be given to a Bundles of Love organization. They make layettes for newborns. Many of the knits are solid color with some child centered themes to others. I've also taken a bag to local donation place. It's been very liberating as I pass these things on. Don't get me wrong I still have lots of quilting fabric...but that's what I really enjoy doing.

I have cut down all the scrap pieces of my juvenile fabrics to usable sizes with a couple of patterns in mind to sew quilts from...hopefully projects for the girls.

In the middle of bill paying so must get back to that...Have a good week, all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 135 136