Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 06-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Power Poster

Great looking bag, Jeanie! You're going to get a lot of comments when you carry it. Love the soothing summery colors. Like grass, sky and wildflowers!
Old 06-05-2017, 04:39 PM

Loveyl purse, JeanieG. I have several patterns, but have not tried to make any yet.Working on Long Cabin kit to do a Echo pattern, but cannot like it...for various reasons. It's off center, light pieces are cut smaller than the dark; don't like the fabric or the contrast between lights and darks, etc., does not 'feel' right. Glad we are going on that road trip Wednesday. See what I find then.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:07 PM

Your purse is just darling Jeanie! Makes me think of a garden. I have my DD & the DGKs here along w/ DSonIL (who is here working.) They looked at houses this weekend. I hope they get the one they want. The DGK's started their theater group today. They will be doing Tom Sawyer this summer.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

I've been offline for a while...our internet service has been so slow. Just got an upgrade this afternoon and wow what a difference...need to check up on some emails, download pictures, etc...While not on the computer I've got some sewing done for the quilter's basket I make for a 4-H fundraiser. This year I used selvages...tomorrow is sew day with my QBuddy...and need to tidy up for that so we have a space to work....

Lovely purse, Jeanie..I'm getting the urge to sew one too. I don't make them often at all, but always admire those that are made.

Later all...
Old 06-07-2017, 10:19 AM

Thanks to you all for the kind words on my purse. I am loving caring it! Still working on my baby quilt. Seems like there is not as much time to sew/quilt this time of year.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:54 PM

It is the month of the all Iowa Quilt Shop Hop; and today we (Quilter 65) drove 430 miles adn stopped at seven shops. And we are just half done in our area. Wow. What a great day it was. Yes, I found the right blues for the Blue Rose quilt, I found my 8 blues for the log cabin quilt. I am tired, so good night to everyone.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:08 PM

OMG - I would be exhausted driving that long and visiting that many shops. Glad you found the fabrics you wanted! How fun!
Old 06-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Power Poster

Great day for you, QNS! Seven shops! Wow.... I got the epidural steriod in my spine yesterday and my back already feels better. No sciatic pain on that side at all today! So maybe I'll be in shape to take a road trip soon too. I really want to head back to Marshall's in Arkansas.

I bought some beautiful Christmas fabrics from Thousands of Bolts (and only one nut) the other night. They should be here in about two days. I'll show you all my haul when they get here.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:58 PM

Hey SBG I have had 3 spinal epidurals w/steroids. They gave me my life back! They have been 2 years apart till this last time. It has been 3 years now. I could use another one but I am not, by any means, house bound like I was before.

DD & the DGK's went back to Houston today. The kids do still have Theater every Mon & Tues so I will go & meet DD half way on Sunday to pick 'em back up. This time they will stay a week & half till she comes back to get 'em. They could just stay here but they don't do well separated from their DM that long. Gosh but this was a very busy extended weekend!
Old 06-08-2017, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Hey SBG I have had 3 spinal epidurals w/steroids. They gave me my life back! They have been 2 years apart till this last time. It has been 3 years now. I could use another one but I am not, by any means, house bound like I was before.
That's great to hear, Bev! I feel so much better already, too. They told me you can only get these 3 times. Wonder why?