Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 133 134 135 LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3353

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

I'm so excited! I got signed up for the Sewing Machine Repair Institute in Sept.
    Last edited by dublb; 07-05-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Wow Bev! So you'll be able to fix machines?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is a shortage of sewing machine repair people in Central TX. I am hoping to fill that shortage. I plan on 2 days a week going to a quilt shop & working all day. I already have the LQS in Brownwood offering to have me come twice a month. I haven't talked to the LQS here in Brady yet however I know that they have a guy that comes from Austin. I bet they will appreciate me coming regularly even if it is just to pick up machines, work on 'em, & bring 'em back. Maybe they will let me come & work on machines once a week. That will leave me with one other LQS to let me come once every 2 weeks. I like the shop in Fredricksburg. I haven't ever been to either of the 2 LQS's in Llano. Brownwood, LLano, & Fredricksburg are about an hour away.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    What type of training will you be receiving? On machines in general? Mechanical or computer? A specific brand? You will have learned a valuable skill!

There's so many things one can do with the camera..QNS. I have one friend that takes pictures of fabric choices in black and white to see if she has the right values (of light and dark) in her selection. I'm lucky to get a picture taken, but it is very easy once you learn how and remember to!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

I am also taking the advanced class OK, so I think that I will be able to do some of the computer machines along w/the mechanical machines. I will also have all the digital books to look up whatever I don't remember. Eventually I'd like to have 'em in hard copies.
    Bev

Good luck, Bev. That sounds really great that you can go for an all new career.

Yes, after the fact of seeing the Freedom Rocks, I have learned how to take the picture. Next lesson is putting it on the computer. Even an old lady can learn new tricks! LOL!.

Carrie, what a treat to see your blocks! It reminds me of mine when I see yours. I've missed a lot of the conversation here, so I didn't hear if you plan to set your blocks like they were set in the book? I've set some of my blocks in strips, but in a different way than the book. I'm in the 80s somewhere, so another 15 or so blocks to make. I got sidetracked with 9Patch swaps and made 2 quilt tops with those. Well, I got sidetracked with a bunch of other projects. I'm one of those that starts and has a hard time finishing. I did recently get an offer from a dear friend who said she'd quilt a top for me. That's exciting! I love to sew tops, and the love of quilting pretty much ends there. :-p

The quilting panel:Name:  DSCN1146.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  122.7 KBName:  DSCN1131.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  101.6 KBand the outside lilies. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Yes it's that time of year! Lovely!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

What a pretty panel, Sue! At first I thought it was a painting you had done of your flowers.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

dublb, that sounds very interesting. I love tinkering with machines. In all of Columbus Ohio ( over 1 million people) there is one man who repairs machines. And he isn't healthy either. You'd make a killing here.

Oh Sue, that's beautiful! Did ya paint the panel? I love it!
    SusieQ how about ya joining me in taking this class? Then you can make a killing.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-09-2019 at 06:54 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Bev

Dublb, the Amana Quilt Shop has a very talented artist, and she did the panel. She also has other panels and design I would love to buy but cannot right now. Her colors are so bright, I love them all. Downside is you have to climb the stairs to see them, back or front are hard for me to climb up or down...not handicap accessible. If I had my sight back, I would do a pattern or two of hers. I want to find block patterns to go with the panel...thinking of the three lily pattern-block, but still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Oh Sue, that's beautiful! Did ya paint the panel? I love it!
    SusieQ how about ya joining me in taking this class? Then you can make a killing.
    Really!!
    He told me that when he started there were 9 other repairmen and now he's the only one. I looked it up and he was correct. He has diabetes and my RN took over and started talking to him about his condition lol
    He's a nice guy- really quirky. I hope he's around awhile as he's really good with my old Singers. The only machines he doesn't work on are Bernina but I take mine to my dealer.

I won't be able to work on Bernina's either. I was under the impression that I won't be able to work on Vikings or Husqvarna's either. I'll know more when I take the class.

Sue how cool is that for ya to get that panel. I am looking forward to seeing what ya do w/it.
    Bev

Today was a real busy one. I had promised to take DGD to Fredricksburg for Theater camp. I got ready to leave by 10:30 & then made me a Smoothie. I made it w/extra ice & put it in a double walled plastic tumbler. We left town at 10:45. I did stop at Chicken Express on the way outta town & picked up some food for DGD's lunch. She ate it on the way there. In Fredricksburg I got gas at HEB before I dropped her off at Theater. Once she was signed in I sat in the parking lot & ate my smoothie. It had only melted a tiny bit & was perfect!
    I then headed to Kerville. I missed an important turn so took the long way to get there. (OK it was only about 10 minutes longer.) Anyway when I got to Discount Tire it was discovered that one of the tires was separating. So we bought another set of tires. I had bought the certificates last time so the tire, that was separating, was free & I got a discount on the other 3 tires. (Oh & we bought the certificates again.) The reason we bought a whole set is they don't make the ones I had anymore. They had troubles w/'em separating. DH didn't want me to have tires w/different treads & I didn't trust the old ones.
    So I take off, back to Fredricksburg, at about 3:45 w/the new tires. It's a 30 minute drive. I have plenty of time to pick DGD up at 5:00....I thought. Well I got back on the HWY & I had a different shake from when the tire were separating. SIGH. I stopped & got an unsweet tea & turned around. By this time I am worried about getting back in time to pick DGD up. I was real stressed. Well they got me right in, re-balanced the tires & I was back on the road at 4:29. I was right on time picking DGD up. I then just headed back home & forgot all about stopping at the health food store to check out artificial cheeses & salad dressings. That'll have to wait till next trip.
    Once I dropped DGD off & came home, DH & I watched a SiFi movie. You'd think I would have relaxed by now but I'm still wired. I hope to get sleepy soon. DH has already gone to bed.
    Bev

Dublb, we had a flat in town the other day; ruined to tire trying to get to the tire store. It was so hot, DH did not want to stop on the main highway through town. An expense trip that wore us out. So we headed home and waited until next day to complete our shopping. His cousin and wife are coming down today to play cards..Pinochle with us and eat fresh peas and new potatoes (creamed together) with us. Protein is fried shrimp and Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate cake for dessert. DH and cousin's favorite. Another hot day, so happy we don't have to go anywhere.

Quineas are growing, into the wire pen in the garage and almost ready to go outside on the front lawn. DH can keep an eye on them until they go into the hen house. May everyone have a good sew day and week.

Sue, it's crazy that both of us had tire trouble! I did kinda panic as I was so worried about not getting to DGD in time. I know the supervisor of the Theater doesn't like kids to be picked up late.

We had to go back to Fredricksburg yesterday as DGD had a costume fitting. So after that DD DGD & I went to the Natural Foods store. Then we went to the 5 & dime so I could drool over some fabric. Some of it came home w/me.

DH cooked hamburgers for us all last night & then there were 2 games of Spades played. DD & I lost to DSonIL & DM the first game but We won the second one. I love it when the games end w/everyone laughing at how the game played out & that happened both of these games.
    Oh DFGD asked me to braid her hair & I was so excited to do that.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-14-2019 at 06:51 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Bev

Sue, I saw a funny T shirt your post reminded me of. It said, "So glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where cake lives!"

Oh, SBG! That's hilarious!
    Bev

I am laughing, SBG. Laughter is always good. So was the Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate cake I baked last Saturday. Almost all gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    I am laughing, SBG. Laughter is always good. So was the Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate cake I baked last Saturday. Almost all gone now.
    Those yummy cakes have such short life spans!

I went to Fredricksburg 3 times this week. Things are crazy at DD's house. DSonIL had emergency Kidney Stone surgery on Monday, & DD had to go to a Hearing for DFGD on Wed. DGD still has to be in Fredricksburg at least 5 days a week from 1:00 to 5:00. I had promised from the beginning that I would take DGD to Fredricksburg every Friday as DFGD has therapy every Friday. The play is From Thurs to Sunday afternoon all next week. This break neck speed at DD's house should slow down a bit after that. OH, we also got news that DFGD's Dad was charged w/indecent exposure by contact w/a child on Thurs. He was bonded out yesterday. What this means for DFGD's future we don't know right now.
    Bev

So sad, Bev. I hope DFGD never has to go back to live with that man.

I'm getting things ready to be gone for about 5 days... making hubby food, etc. I am going to DD's tomorrow and will babysit Ivy while DD is gone on a business trip for 3 days. Her daddy will be home in the evenings after work, so we will be tag-teaming the baby care. I just hope Mama and Baby can handle being apart for a few days. It will be the first time since Ivy was born.

dublb, :-( I'm sorry for the troubles in your family. It's better to hear about braiding hair than court charges...

I got BH's shirttail book (II) from an Ebay listing yesterday. It was a required book for a class with her that I'm taking in November. With shipping it was half the price on Ebay compared to her web site. I don't care if it's used-- it was like new anyway. It was not at all interesting to read. Most of it was a picture of a quilt, then instructions for number of units and sewing, etc. The blurbs about the quilts were very short. It was all very impersonal to read. The instructions were all so similar, as if she simply used a template for writing them, then exchanged numbers and diagrams for each pattern. There didn't seem to be very much effort put into it. I don't recommend buying it.
    Last edited by givio; Yesterday at 10:54 AM.

Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 133 134 135 LastLast