Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3351

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Blog Entries
    The green binding is the perfect finish for the sunflowers! A loved quilt is a great reason to see it all worn out in 10 or so years!

Great that we can laugh at things that go awry...guess age teaches us that!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Love the sunny, happy quilt, Carrie. And I really love your beautiful Gertie! What a gorgeous shiny coat she has.

QNS... the best laid plans, huh? I bet you had a little fabric money in your pocket, burning a hole, too.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I goofed. The grand opening was because they had moved to a different location. So maybe in the far future I will get to see their shop. Always loved their store. No excuse for ignorance, I guess. Never seen where it said moving to a new location. Was not meant to be. We travel less and less miles 'cause dh does not feel like driving. Thank God we have a H A R P group in my hometown that will take me to Des Moines twice a year to medical appointments and also to my medical clinic for treatment. Counting my blessings and the future chicken prints for another quilt.

Oh Sue how disappointing. Huggs Hopefully ya will get to pet some new fabric soon.

Still no sewing for me as of yet. We got the doors on the bathroom cabinet that DGDad built. I had to go to DD's to get the step stool to do that though. We also got the bathroom door hung. It still needs to be painted but #2DSon is here for the weekend & we all felt better about having that door hung till Mon. I have blown off the shelves that I am gonna paint & hang in 2 places. I got 'em at an estate sale. DH & I also talked about a li'le floor shelving unit that was here when we bought the house. It held toilet paper. Now DH doesn't want to use it for toilet paper but liked the idea of painting it, putting some beadboard on it & putting it in the bathroom. It is small but will be convenient in it's li'le space. Sigh, I'm supposed to be sewing!
    My bathroom is nearly done. The contractor has wrapped up his part.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-08-2019 at 02:36 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I got another FW block sewn together this morning. Then this afternoon decorated the cover of a notebook for a 13yr old girl for her birthday...she invited my kids over (they are friends with her older siblings) for cake/ice cream. So thought a little something would be nice for them to take along. My daughter picked up some gel pens to include too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    SBG has been busy making for the Grands again...

https://www.quiltingboard.com/genera...d-t305138.html

Love seeing your blocks, Carrie. What a sweet little gift!

Avery has all four of her pillowcases sewn. Elise has her quilt top sewn as well. Tonight we loaded a small quilt on the LA and I started her meander quilting. We will be sewing this together. I worked on it so there are only 2 more rolls on the top. Tomorrow I work so hope to get this finished in the evening and then get hers loaded to quilt on Wednesday. We bought some minky for the backing.

Time to call it a night.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Carrie, the personalized notebook and gel pens are a great idea for a small gift. Who wouldn’t love to receive that?

Thanks for posting the link to my baby clothes, OK. Been having so much fun with those. I want to make a couple of sun dresses too, but I really need to get a few quilt sandwiches quilted first.

I took work off for Wednesday because hubby is having some oral surgery that day. I’m the designated driver. I’m really not looking forward to that, for him.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Today's block....if I can keep up 1 block a day when not traveling I'll have them all done in no time. Probably I will sew during the week and cut fabrics on the weekend as that is something I can do in front of the tv/when DH wants to watch a movie/take a nap.

Your blocks are just beautiful, Carrie!

OH Carrie! Your FW blocks are just so lovely. A block a day is ambitious but I bet that ya can do it. And that notebook is darling.

SBG - Those baby cloths are way too cute! Sweet babies also.

OK - I bet that your DGD's quilt is lovely. It's cool that your other DGD has made those pillowcases.

The last few days have been crazy around here. The contractor has finished his part & now we are gonna have to get our part done. My bathroom is beautiful! I need to get some trim done & we went to San Angelo today to get a Miter Saw & more of the trim. I've also got to paint 3 doors. The 2 that go to the bathroom & the new one that goes to the guest bedroom. I have 3 small shelving units that I need to paint. 2 of 'em will be hung. They are very unique. Then I need to paint & add some of that wainscoting to it. It is small & will sit between the vanity & tub.

We didn't go anywhere on Sunday so I cut out the background for my double Irish Chain.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Another pretty block, Carrie!

Enjoy the new bathroom, dublb.

Yes Elise finished the last two rows of the quilt on the LA tonight...I think she's addicted. She can't wait until tomorrow to get hers going tonight. Now to get the quilt bound...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Carrie, love your FW blocks and the orange in both. That is quite challenge you set for yourself. If you do 50% of it, you are still a winner in my mind.

SBG, those are adorable outfits for your grand babies. Better job than I ever did for mine.

Ok, its nice your grands are taking after you in your love for quilting.

I might get back into my sewing room today. Have not with company here and they will return again. So much fun when they are here. Baked a cake, brownies and cherry pie and it was all gone in 3 days. Love it.

Dublb, must feel great to get the bathroom finished, nearly finished is good progress.

Hello

Thanks for the compliments. I got one more block done today and will have time tomorrow to do another, so 4 out of 5 days is pretty good for the week I think.

QNS--yes, this quilt will have lots of orange as that is my daughters favorite color. She informed me when she decided she would use the quilt some day that it needed more orange blocks. lol

Dublb--it must be great to have a new bathroom. I hope those little things come together quickly for you so it is all done.

OK--can't wait to see some pics of your granddaughters' projects!

Sweet block, Carrie. I'm a fan of orange, too.

Glad you are doing so well, Carrie, on your blocks. Orange is such a happy color and brightens up my days. Love your posted later one, too. Blue is my very favorite color, seems so calm and earthly seems to represent sky and water in my mind.

I am still starring at my BS block with 24 pieces in a finished six inch block. It does not seem to change or sew itself.

So I am doing laundry today and reading the instructions on my "rooster fabric pattern" blocks. One is a 71 x 71 inch wall hanging 'Country Cluckers' designed by Arlene Stamper and Melissa Harris, I found in an Estes Park CO., shop Around the Block quilts owned by Judy Edwards. The Governor of Co., then, had toured her shop and picked out two quilts to be shown in the Capitol Building in Co.

The other is individual roosters 'Radical rooster" as designed by Florine Johnson. of Clarkesville, GA. I found her patterns in Colorado Springs, Co., and got my original six patterns there. I emailed Florine and ask if she was going to design any hens, and she said 'yes'...so I have ordered the three or four more issued since the others came out. Some designs just catch your eye and you want the patterns to make, even ten or fifteen years later. And you slowly built up the stash to do the blocks. If I had the time to match what I want to do, they would all be finished! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    ...Some designs just catch your eye and you want the patterns to make, even ten or fifteen years later. And you slowly built up the stash to do the blocks. If I had the time to match what I want to do, they would all be finished! LOL!
    That's a great description of what the Pony Club quilt is for me, Sue. I have only made a few blocks so far, but I've been collecting good fabrics to use for the rest. So, fear not... it's still on my mind!

I did get a 4th block done yesterday and finished a UFO today that I have been working on quilting/binding the last couple days. It's been a productive week!

Blog Entries
    Another great sewing job, Carrie!

I've been working on memory quilts for my neighbor. Had to have 3 done by today. L stopped while I was hand stitching the binding on the last one...good time to visit. have 2 more to do by mid August. She brought a beautiful old Dresden Plate quilt..well loved with a vintage feed sack like backing...soft pink. Looks like I will be making some DP later on for her!

Meanwhile Elise has the binding sewn to her quilt...got it off the LA this morning, then she went home for the afternoon and came back around 7:00. Now she has to stitch the binding down. and I just thought of something...I think she stitched the binding to the top rather than the back...my bad...as she is machine stitching it down. Going to have her Elmer's glue baste it so she should be okay.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Carrie that is one purdy block! I have some of that green in my stash. I cut a li'le bit of it for this Irish Chain that I am cutting blocks for.
    OK, your DGD is cooking w/gas now! I bet that binding is gonna come out anyway. Especially since ya had her use glue.
    Bev

Two more blocks today...probably won't have much more time to sew rest of the week...

Carriem, Love your blocks. Great fabric. I have this fabric, too.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Carrie I love these 2 blocks. They are very calming!
    Bev

You are doing great on your blocks, Carrie. Love the fabrics and colors you put together.

Love the blocks , Carrie. Our Keets came today; love them.

I now have 10 out of 12 Rooster quilt patterns from Florine Johnson. Love her Radical Roosters, planing one quilt with 11 roosters and 1 hen patterns to start on in August after my surgery. She sells the reversed of the patterns, but I think I can reverse them. If not, I will order later. I loved talking to an alert 82 year old designer, it gives me hope that I might be able to be that alert at that age! (Its getting closer) Still plotting how I can get to the Amana Colonies and see more fabric to put into the project..and looking for chicken wire fabric which I found on E-bay but it was too high for me. I might even have enough already. It will wait until I can check it out more, my own stash first.Name:  DSCN1122.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  104.8 KBThe one day old keets. Name:  DSCN1115.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  107.9 KBThe quilted by LA 1944 quilt.Name:  DSCN1117.JPG
Size:  117.6 KB
    And the backingName:  DSCN1118.JPG
Size:  139.9 KB. I love the way Ann Wheeler did the quilting on her LA.

Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 131 132 133 ... LastLast