Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 74 83 84 85 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3347

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Oh....very nice QNS! The colors work great together!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    I agree, Jeanie...

Just got back from picking up our beef from the locker...FYI it costs me $1.31 per pound to process our own beef. Nothing special in the process other than to have some dried beef made..think about that when you buy a pound of any meat.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Looking good, QNS... It's that special blue fabric that really makes it gorgeous.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now to find the pennies to purchase a used copy of the Twisted Classics. This pattern was in a magazine and it caught my eye...but it will wait on the back burner. We are hoping to stay home until the 20th of the month...no room in the budget to go anywhere and more medical bills rolling in, just when I thought I seen light at the end of the tunnel. That's life, like it or not. I managed one order to Fabric Depot for Artfil thread that was on sale and a few other items. i am going to start hand quilting my blue nine patch on the side as I continue doing UFO projects and planned work on other quilts.

New ducklings coming in the 23rd of next month. Dh is supposedly going to be ready for them. Just 10 more hens, so we can get more egg production. Enjoying every egg we are getting now.

Ok, government red tape regulate the meat processors, costing the consumers to pay more. I have my grandparents meat saw and would love it if we were able to butcher our own meat like a steer or a wet sow....would love a walk-in freezer, too, but its not likely we ever will have it. Like winning the lottery, when you don't buy a ticket...not likely to happen! No wonder why good hamburger is $5.00 a pound here.

QNS, those colors look like iris' in the Spring! Or maybe sparkling lime jello and ... and... blueberries! lol Yes, those colors look good enough to eat! :-p

QNS I do remember seeing you posting this quilt before. It is just gonna be wonderful! I do have a tendency to forget the names for Quilts.
    DH & I have been busy getting the garden ready to plant. He spent most of yesterday trying to get the tiller to work. Well it is 20 yrs old & it just gave up the ghost. He bought a new rear tine tiller. Actually the first one he brought home was broke & he had to take it back. They got him one that was still in a box so he had to assemble it. It was late before he got it going. It is amazing how much easier a rear tine tiller is to use!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Alright, We had a scare. First let me say that no one is hurt. #2DSon hit a deer on the way to Midland. HE was taking DM back to Midland in my Sequoia. When he called, DH & I jumped in the other truck & drove to where they were. #2DSon was afraid that he had damaged the radiator but it didn't. Actually, once we got there we realized that the front fascia, one head light & the air-conditioner are all that is damaged. The truck is driveable! At first we were just gonna get it back to Brady, so DH drove it & I drove his truck. We all stopped in Eden for a bathroom break & then we talked about it . After a quick lunch we all decided that they could go on to Midland as the truck was doing great.
    Bev

Lucky it wasn’t worse, Bev... hitting deer can be fatal. So glad your son and mother are both alright.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Didn't QNS total their car last year by hitting a deer! Dang! Glad everyone is okay Bev. Did you mom find a house to buy?
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    They are everywhere! Deer that is...so glad everyone is okay...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Dublb, you were lucky that the vehicle survived the deer and no one was hurt. Our GMC did not on November 28th of last year. We just finished getting all the paper work done on our 2015 Town and Country Chrysler we bought the 12th of December. Many problems with getting the right paperwork in the right place. Yes, Dublb, I have shown the blue/green quilt before...it is now being sewn together and will get borders. Have another two tops that are next, I think, if I don't change my mind. So many problems with few solutions right now its hard to think of what is next. Life gets a little too much sometimes. What will be, will be. The future is not ours to see.

I have to say that I am a better daughter than a mother. I had visions of an air bag in my DM's face. I wasn't worried about #2DSon at all. I am so pleased that the air bags didn't go off. DM is deaf in one ear as a side air bag hit her in that ear 4 or 5 years ago.

Yes DM found a house here in Brady & has a contract for it w/a contingency clause about the sale of her house in Midland. The thing is she got an offer & made a counter offer on her house in Midland, day before yesterday. They accepted her counter offer today. Wow this is moving fast!!!
    Bev

dublb, I'm glad to hear everyone is okay. Those deer! Well, what can we say? We all seem to know of problems with deer...

It is my sister's birthday this weekend and I made her a rag rug. I enjoyed making my second little throw rug with cotton fabric strips. I think I'll keep making them. I had no sooner tied off the end of the last strip on the last round than I began a new rug with the leftover piece of it. I just cut it off one rug, and used the strip to start a new rug. She put it in her bathroom and sent me a picture. I used random colors and it almost looked like I planned it for her decorating scheme.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh I love that rug! How did you do that? Crochet? It looks great!

Now that's a rug! I loove it!
    Bev

Love, love, love that rug. Your sister is so lucky. By the way, my birthday is in June.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Thanks, girls! BlueBell-- lol
    I gave my husband an old (Colgate) toothbrush that had a hanging hole in the end of it. He cut off the brush end, then sanded down the middle of the handle to make a 'toothbrush needle.' The rag rug is made of 2" strips using half hitch knots. It's often called the Amish toothbrush rag rug method. I've made a single crochet rag rug, but I think this method produces a sturdier more solid feel.
    Last edited by givio; 03-10-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    I would love to see the shape of that rag rug "needle". Sounds interesting.

Blog Entries
    That is a pretty rug.

We have deer here jump out all the time. We have been lucky so far, except back in January when going down our driveway we see a dead deer next to our driveway. We didn't know what happened to it, but we had to get it out of the way.

Lots of heavy rain tonight, with possibility of snow by morning.

Our Sunday morning:Name:  DSCN0896.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  78.5 KBthe most snow for us this winter. A winter wonderland...until one has to get out into it. Thank goodness we don't have to go out this week! Sunny days are coming and snow will be going.

Beautiful, QNS. That first day of snow is always so pretty.

OH, SUE that is lovely! I am glad that I am south of ya though. Do stay inside!
    We worked on the deck on Sat. We got the power washer out & got a lotta of the old paint off. Yesterday we did take a break & I sewed. A cool front blew through & I didn't want to go out there in the wind. The plan is to go out there & work on the part that the power washer can't reach today.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Beautiful snow.

We were white this morning, but all gone now.

On Sat DD took DGD to to San Angelo & while they were there they stoped in to get DD a hair cut. That lady butchered her hair.
    Yesterday DD & I took a trip to Midland to see my DF who is a hairdresser to get it fixed. DGD's hair is fixed & it is sooooo cute now. While it is very short is just curls around her face & has a deep under curl at the nap of her neck. It even bounces when she moves.
    We also stopped at #1DSon & his family's house. I did get to chase my younger DGSon all around the house. I think it was the first time in a long time I had all 4 of my DGK's together when there wasn't a bunch of other first & second cousins all around. At one point #1DSon was chasing the 3 boys around shooting 'em w/ a Nerf gun. It was a ton of fun. DGD didn't want to do that. LOL She did go out & play w/'em outside when they all went outside. Oh & the DGSon that is partially non-verbal is learning to read. He is gonna learn language through reading! I was close to tears about it last night.
    We met my #2DSisb DBIL & DM at Taco Villa last night for supper. That was great also.
    Then DSonIL called DD & told her to buy a new office chair as the one they had, broke while he was in it. (They had bought it used about 11 years ago.) Yup, he fell to the ground! We went to Office Depot & got one. It was 9:00PM before we headed home.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Wow sounds like a loooong day but fill with love and fun!!!

Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 74 83 84 85 94 ... LastLast