Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 34 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

That's awesome that your mom is doing so well, Bev! I'm sure you are relieved. Independence (dressing and bathing) is a great thing.

I hate trying to find a restaurant, too... since we don't eat out often we aren't 'up' on what's out there. My old standby is McAllister's, where I can get a big salad.

Today I got one of the tank slippers done... YAY! and the other still has about 2 hours or more of work left to go. These things are ridiculous.

Also made two Block of the Month blocks out of plaid shirts for me and Givio. We are doing this BOM from a guild in Florida(?) and using old shirts. We both make two and then send each other the extra one. I'm so excited about how they are turning out.

This is for Trisha (tan backgrounds):
    Name:  DSC03286 (Small).JPG
Views: 65
Size:  60.3 KB

And this one is mine (shirting backgrounds):
    Name:  DSC03285 (Small).JPG
Views: 65
Size:  71.7 KB

I also am all caught up on the Mystery Quilt clues... through clue 3.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow, SBG, I guess I can go a bit more wild on the background fabrics that I'm choosing for your block! Your block looks better to me than the block in the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    Wow, SBG, I guess I can go a bit more wild on the background fabrics that I'm choosing for your block! Your block looks better to me than the block in the instructions.
    I love what you've been sending me. Just follow your instincts! They are good.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Blog Entries
    Hello everyone! Yes, here I am straggling in to say hi, but I have been busy with lots of family issues.
    On top is my own getting more educated on my Diabetes. I have known I have it, but more in denial with other stuff that goes on. Now with the high readings I have had it's becoming a real reality. I worked today hard to be a good girl.

I don't wish anything bad on myself, but am hoping as I do much better at getting it controlled with God's help that I might have a bit more energy, weight loss, and less kidney issues.

I see you girls have been working on more pretty things.
    Are you all ready for the holidays with family?
    I almost am. Probably will be after tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you.
    Merry Christmas

Hi JuneBillie- so glad you stopped by! Come back and visit again soon.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hi JuneBillie! It's great to see your smiling face. Glad you are getting more info on diabetes so you can stay on top of it better. Hubby has had it for 30 years and he's still learning new things.

I'm not quite ready for Christmas... still have some gifts to finish up. Some are still just ideas in my head!

Good news on lucky 13th day of the month....DS package is in North Houston and will be delivered today or tomorrow. Thank God. After all that work, its a relief to know it made it in time for Christmas.

Love your blocks, SBG. You have a nice sense of color and design. And are super quick in all you do sew.

Sorry for your health problems, JuneBillie. DH is Diabetic style 2 but has lost some weight and staying away from carbs and that is helping him. I tried to get off of some of my medicine for HB pressure and it did not work. Messed myself up on that, now its getting straightened out again.

Hope Honchey is doing well.

Merry Christ*mas to all.

Blog Entries
    It's good to hear from all of you girls.
    It's going to be cold for us tonight and tomorrow night.

I got back in Brady yesterday. DM is doing so much better. The therapist even had DM walk w/o the walker several times yesterday. When #2DSis had her so the same exercises in the afternoon she also got her to walk w/o the walker. Of course both times they held her hand for balance. She is getting stronger each day. The sad thing is the in-home therapy is gonna end next week but we will start up out patient therapy as soon as possible. Looking at a calendar DSis & I realized that Mama won't be ready to go home till the first of the year.
    I sure was happy to get back to Brady & my DH yesterday. Today we went & cut firewood. A DF of ours (actually he is the HOA's president) has a friend that has some land & about 4 years ago 27 of his oak trees blew over. He counts it as a favor that we come & cut some of it up to burn. Really all I did was pick up one end of the long pieces & drag 'em to the trailer. DH cut 'em in about 4' long pieces. The temps were real nice as it was in the upper 50's when we were doing this.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I finished these crazy tank slippers for my son in law!

Name:  DSC03293 (Small).JPG
Views: 116
Size:  53.0 KB

dublb, what a treat to get free firewood, and oak too.
    SBG, lol

I am so ready for DM to get her life back. I will be going back there for 3 or 4 weeks to teach her to live by herself. #2DSis took DM to her house yesterday & she did well. #2DSis said that Mama automatically did more as she was in her own environment. That is so encouraging to me. They worked on Mama's finances. Got everything into the computer that DH & I paid in Oct & Nov. Then checked everything that was automatically paid from her bank. (Mama actually did most of the data entry herself. ) We told them not to worry about paying us back for a bit, but "Oh No" she is gonna cut a check in the next couple of days.
    #2DSis also called yesterday after taking DM to see the surgeon. He told her to do more & more every day! He told her that the reason they did this surgery was so that she can do things again. So when they left his office she asked Missy to take her out to eat at Furr's Cafeteria. When they got home she was exhausted & took a nap. I am so proud of her.
    I made one more PC while I was in Midland. I have taken a pict but it is still on my Phone. I did pull the bin out that has all the fabrics & blocks in it. I counted the blocks & there are actually 48 finished, including the one that I just made. I also pulled out the fabrics for 3 more blocks. I will get 'em all ready to sew today. Then I can make 'em at my leisure.
    Bev

It's so nice that your Mom is recovering so much, Bev! And so nice that you have some time to sew and some peace of mind, regarding your mother. Sounds like her mind is still very sharp. What a blessing.

SBG, I love those 'tank' slipers!

Dublb, so happy about your Mom. Makes us all feel better.

Cold and colder here. DH just called to his 9 white giant Pekin Ducks and they all came over to their small wadding pool to jump into the water and swim around dipping their head into the cold water. It is about 15 degrees outside, dropping to a minus 15 this weekend. Funny ducks.

Time to stay inside and sew or read. Take care everyone.

Blog Entries
    Dublb that is great to hear about your mother.

Sewbizgirl those slippers are too cool.

NinaSue that is cute about the ducks.

Hi all! I haven't been on QB much lately, I do stop by every night to read your posts and keep up with you. Have done only a little sewing lately. I consider myself to be an advanced paper piecer. I'm working on a stained glass quilt and it's very humbling--not feeling advanced at all.

I want to wish all of you peace, joy, love & good health for Christmas and the upcoming year. This is a pic of my house. Love yinz!!Name:  front yard.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  114.6 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Beautiful Christmas lights on snow, Jan! We have missed you. Hope you've been busy in a good way...

Merry Christmas and LOVE to you too! Be sure to show us that stained glass quilt when you get it done!

So glad you check in with us Jan - I've missed you!!! I'm anxious to see you stained glass quilt!!! Looks really cold at your house with all that snow! Have a Merry Christmas!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

janRN, the hat on the dog (?) statue made me laugh! :-) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!

Blog Entries
    Continued good news with Mom, Bev...

Thanks for the Merry Christmas photo, Jan..we have about a foot of snow, wind is to pick up and temps to drop -40 degree wind chills...yikes...lots of school activities cancelled today and tonight as well as church services tomorrow...winter has arrived.

Last week I supported my LQS! I was to tidy up some fabric collections and put away new patterns. Earlier I cut 1 1/2 yards of some railway clocks to use in placemats for my sister, then I saw a couple of FQ's that I like...if it's in the FQ bin it's a safe assumption that it's the last of that bolt...so added it to my pile. While putting away the patterns I found 4 that I liked that were already on the racks...they went on the pile...before the day was over I had quite a stack....boss laughed, said she was paying me to shop!...now to create something from all this.

This morning 7 yo came with her dad...I told her we'd put the Christmas tree today...she took it to heart, and voila...the tree is decorated...well not that fast, but you get the drift..MrOK looked around at noon and mentioned all the boxes I would need to take back downstairs...slowly doing it tonight...where are my young helper legs now...she was such a trooper carrying it all up for me...

Got an Advent wall hanging (by Nancy Halvorson) off in the mail this past week...it was a grab bag gift from our quilt guild.
    I knew the NC kids would love it. Actually took a while to fuse and cut the Nativity items..used black wool on the back and buttons on the panel to hang them on. Didn't get a picture before I mailed it.

Looks like it's time to call it a day...later...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Blog Entries
    It's good to hear from you Jan. Pretty lights in front of your house. Your peace sign made me think of one of my nieces. She ask me to make her a wall hanging of the peace sign, and so I did. She said, Aunt Susan you made it upside down. Opps, I wasn't paying attention, but I will never forget that.

Lovely picture of your front steps Jan. Such a festive scene. Does look cold though. It is cold here too but no snow. We went from 79* to 42* in an hour on Sat afternoon. Got down to 17* night before last & our high yesterday was 22*. Our electricity went out from 10:30 to 2:30 yesterday. Didn't know how much the space heaters helped till we didn't have 'em anymore. By 1:00 DH & I had migrated to the living room w/the wood burning stove. While it keep the house from being dangerously cold, it isn't enough to keep us comfortable by itself. We were already planning on how to warm the stew up in the wood burning stove. So glad that we didn't have to do that. I did put my tea kettle on the stove to get water warm enough to have hot tea. That sure helped me stay warm. Thinking about getting a generator.
    OK, I meant to say that I bet your advent wall-hanging is so cute!It does look like a lotta work to cut out those nativity figures!
    Last edited by dublb; 12-19-2016 at 04:05 AM.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    I haven't been on for quite awhile, slowly getting back into the groove. I have been trying to upload some new blocks but the computer will not let me. I'll try again. Still won't let me upload. Have to figure out why. I have only done blocks 53- thru 58, hopefully after the holidays I'll get back to them. I'm still going to have Christmas here on Christmas Eve for hopefully most of the family. The last 3 week ends have not been very good for traveling but hope next Saturday will work out for most of them. I really don't like being in the deep freeze that we have been having, but it's Iowa just stick around and the weather changes.
    I'd like to wish every one a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    GrannyQ

Merry Christmas to you too, GrannyQ! Perhaps your photos won't upload because they are too large? When you browse and find the photo you want to upload, right click on it and then scroll down to "resize pictures" and left click on that. A little box will open with sizes, and you need to choose "small" and click OK. Then a new smaller version of your photo will open and you can upload it.

This site is really picky about taking small photo files only.

Nice hearing from you GrannyQ. Merry Christmas and Hapy New Year to you and all who read this section of QB.

Our refrigerator has stopped working and thawed out all the frozen food. What a mess. We put everything in an ice chest and set it outside where it is freezing temperatures out there. Repair man is on his way here. Always something.

Just when I thought I was winning on the S&W, the border rows did not fit the body rows. Back again to do it right...grrrrrr. HUM bug.

Page 34 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 84 ... LastLast