Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 01-01-2018, 06:43 AM

A minus 18 this morning. Hello 2018, Happy New Year everyone.

Told Dh he has the first three days of the week to sew; and I get the other four days. He works on his kilts and I do the quilting. Even when we do the same quilt block and measurements, they come out different sizes. We don't do that any more. yes, I usually get him what he need to sew with and fabric, too. He is using my best and newest sewing machine. Gatta be love! LOL!
Old 01-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Brrrrr...baby it's cold outside! Here's wishing you all a Prosperous New Year with many moments of creative sewing!
Old 01-01-2018, 11:15 AM

Oh QNS - that temperature is unreal to me. It is 65 here right now, and was a low of 47 last night.

The reveal of On Ringo Lake, Bonnie Hunter's current mystery is up on her blog. Real pretty! I am far behind, so don't know how soon I will get it done, but I am in no hurry.

I think I will sew today, as I am not into football, as yesterday I spent the day making soup for the family (daughters and all their children - 15 total). It is the 9th anniversary of one of our son's passing, so we always get together.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Happy New Year, everyone!

Jeanie, sorry you've lost your son. I think it's great that your family gathers to remember him on the anniversary of his passing.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:10 PM

I am downloading the latest Bonnie Hunter mystery; love her colors although I am busy with other things. I added my email to her list. Wondering how many clues she will use in this one. I have the aqua, browns and oranges for the quilt in my stash.

Warmer air is coming at the end of the week...it will get above freezing then. Lost a younger cousin to MS in AZ, according to his Mother's note in the Christmas card. Sad when parents lose their children at young ages. Sorry, you had that happen to you, JeanieG. Nice you all get together on his memory date. I have given up on trying to get large crowds together as in-laws do not want to get along with me, children are too far away to come very often and my brother and his family seems to have abandoned me as well. Sad times indeed. But I can rejoice that we have friends we can talk to now and then. And good neighbors when we need help. And QB sites to read and follow here.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:35 PM

JeannieG, My condolences to you and yours. At moments, I'm sure that 9 years can seem like yesterday. I can't imagine to lose a son.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
I am downloading the latest Bonnie Hunter mystery; love her colors although I am busy with other things. I added my email to her list. Wondering how many clues she will use in this one. I have the aqua, browns and oranges for the quilt in my stash.
There are 9 clues for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery for your to download QNS. I have completed 4 and half way done with 5. Too busy during the holidays to keep up, but no problem.

Thank you for the kind thoughts on our son. Damon was my step-son. He was born with Muscular Dystrophy, his mother was a foster child and did not know she was a carrier for the disease. She passed away at age 34 from cancer, before I married Damon's dad. He had Becker's MD, which is a slower progressive disease than the more common Duchanne variety. He lived to age 36. He was in a care facility the last four years of his life. We all miss him so much. He was very intelligent and had a great sense of humor.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:37 PM

So happy you can remember the love you all shared for him, JeanieG, and that is a priceless memory. Not all parents can say that about their children that pass before they come of age.

Our nights are still going below zero, at a -18 and later in the week -15. So happy we got rid of our chickens and small ducks before this cold hit. Wondering if winter cold will hit again this month or is it just the first of the month that will go so low. So dry this winter, with little or no moisture.

Completed my first row of the Bible Sampler. 24 House That Jack Built blocks done. Onward tomorrow in the QR.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:42 PM

Hugggs Jeanie. Parents aren't supposed to bury their children, even step children. I am sure he was a blessing.

Sue, I have been doing the Bonnie Hunter mystery. The final clue was today. While I like her layout I played around & came up w/my own layout.
I will post the pict of the layout if ya want but I don't want to ruin your mystery if ya are gonna do it one step at a time.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-05-2018 at 09:17 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 01-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Hugggs Jeanie. Parents aren't supposed to bury their children, even step children. I am sure he was a blessing.

Sue, I have been doing the Bonnie Hunter mystery. The final clue was today. While I like her layout I played around & came up w/my own layout.
I will post the pict of the layout if ya want but I don't want to ruin your mystery if ya are gonna do it one step at a time.
I want to see!! I'm doing a straight setting rather than the on point setting. I just posted pictures in the On Ringo Lake thread, if you want to see my first two rows together with the sashings. I can post the pics here too, unless Sue doesn't want to see the design yet.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-05-2018 at 09:17 AM. Reason: to match edit of orig post