Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-28-2019, 10:09 AM

Best wishes for another wonderful year, QNS! Your little positive life comments you write are often encouraging to me.

What is silent RA? Is that the kind of rheumatoid arthritis you don't complain about? :-)

I had a blood test this week for determining my arthritis type because I need a 'doctor's note' for work. My doctor wanted confirmation it was rheumatoid. The lab work came back. 0-20 was a normal range, and mine was <20. What does that mean, I wonder?
Old 09-29-2019, 05:31 AM

Silent RA is where the test results show no RA but her swollen Knuckles are proof that she has RA.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:35 AM

Hm. Well, that's very interesting! I'll mention it to my doctor next time to see what she has to say. I wasn't really keen on her reaction to my request to write a note for my employer. She had available to her my Xrays-- that resulted in my diagnosis-- but seemed to blow them off in preference to the result of a blood test, which I hadn't done yet.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:09 AM

They are still trying to get DD in to see a Rheumatologist. This referral system is just the worst thing ever!
Old 09-30-2019, 05:19 AM

Both of our children that is talking to us wished me a happy Birthday. Made my weekend. I got in the quilt room and sewed the plate mats together, now to bind them. Slowly regaining the ability to use my left knee; have tendon damage, so it will take a while, slow steps forward. Had it in my right knee, so the brace I used for it comes in handy for the left. I about starved to death in the weekend, but made it to the kitchen by ten each morning. Monday, I am up at seven and timing is back to normal! Sun is shining but its cool outside. More time to quilt inside!
Old 09-30-2019, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Enjoy the cool...supposed to be mid 80's and very humid up north, but the sun is shining!

So many health issues to follow up on...take care folks! Just got Medicare drug supplemental insurance info. Monthly premium is doubling, deductible is rising, and co pays are increasing. MrOk has 1 RX he can get a 90-day fill for $10 without insurance. But if he doesn't have insurance now he will be penalized later when he needs it...doesn't make sense. Time to look at a new plan for him!

So back to UFO land. While sorting stuff I got tired of looking for places to put things...and put a small UFO on the LA, found a new panto on line, quilted it and sewed first round of binding yesterday. Now to stitch it down. I have had an extended break between work dates and can't believe how much I've gotten done. That will change soon!

Have a great day. Plan on mowing lawn today...it's to rain tomorrow and Wed.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:17 PM

I saw a Rheumatologist for my Osteoarthritis. Had the injections (both Cortisone and the Gel Stuff) in my right knee last July. Neither worked for me, so had to have a Partial Knee Replacement. Wow - that has worked wonderfully!! I can walk again without it aching. My hands swell and my knuckles are enlarged, particularly on my right hand. Arthritis is no fun, my friends. All my sewing is done on machine - any hand sewing ends up with much pain to my fingers and hands. At least I do not have Rheumatoid! My mother had both kinds of arthritis, I am lucky mine is only Osteo.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:20 AM

I have to sign up for Medicare this year. My older sister gave me a book to read, the other older sister gave me two books to read. I feel overwhelmed with it. It all feels like a maze I don't want to step into.

My Bonnie Hunter class is in a month! It's time to stop procrastinating with making units for the quilt top she will be teaching. I don't want to go empty-handed! Oh!
Old 10-05-2019, 09:40 AM

Always something to challenge us givio! We have the regular Medicare, and use my husbands insurance from the Federal Govt (GEHA) as our supplemental. With both of them, we do not have any deductibles to pay. Works out wonderfully.

How wonderful that you are taking a class from Bonnie! Are you suppose to make units for the class??? What class are you taking? I know you will have a wonderful time, I heard her speak at our local Quilt Guild several years ago! I am anxious to hear about your class, be sure to keep us posted!
Old 10-05-2019, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

Jeanie, glad you are liking your knee replacement. Several of my students and friends at the gym have had knees and hips replaced, and have been very happy.

Givio, hubby just signed up for Medicare. He has VA coverage as a disabled vet, but got part B so he could go to better doctors outside the VA system. (Not that all the VA drs are bad, he's had some great ones...) That is still two birthdays away, for me, but I'm lucky that I know a Humana rep whom I trust, who can help me navigate through it when the time comes. I know if you don't enroll on time than your are penalized and pay more per month, for the rest of your life... which doesn't seem right. Read those books, if you can stand it!