Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-18-2019, 04:53 PM

I had a very busy week taking care of my DGSons. I am one tired old lady. I am glad to be home.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

Yes QNS, I find cooking shortcuts all the time...simpler meals = less work!

Grands are great, but home and quiet is, too, dublb.

As mentioned earlier, I've been decluttering. I have 4 13 gallon garbage bags of single knits, ribbing, and fabric suitable for diaper bags to be given to a Bundles of Love organization. They make layettes for newborns. Many of the knits are solid color with some child centered themes to others. I've also taken a bag to local donation place. It's been very liberating as I pass these things on. Don't get me wrong I still have lots of quilting fabric...but that's what I really enjoy doing.

I have cut down all the scrap pieces of my juvenile fabrics to usable sizes with a couple of patterns in mind to sew quilts from...hopefully projects for the girls.

In the middle of bill paying so must get back to that...Have a good week, all.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:53 PM

I traveled again last week for another archery tournament (Tues-Sat). My DS left from OH to head to Madrid, Spain for another tournament....started today and will shoot the next 2-3 days as well (depending on how far he goes in the elimination rounds). Appts or meetings every day this week...for me or my MIL...wait I just looked at the calendar again and I will be home all day Friday. If I can get the housework all done in afternoon after appts then Friday I *should* be able to sew a bit!! It has been way too long!!!

I talked to the archer's mom who wants me to make a quilt. She wants a queen size t-shirt/archery jersey quilt. We talked about the price and hiring someone else long-arm quilt it. She thought it sounded fair and is going to work on collecting the shirts she wants used in it. Then we will discuss colors/backing fabric, etc. There is another tournament in September so if they are driving to that one, maybe she can bring them to me there.

Bev, I'll be visiting your state for the first time! We'll be in College Station.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:59 PM

Carrie that's exciting. Collage Station is 3 & a half hours from me. When are ya gonna be this way?

I spent my day watching a house burn down. It was awful! The li'le girl & her cousin knocked on the door telling us that their house was on fire. Their DGM was onour porch in just a few minutes. The parents were at work. I'm not sure where the DGF was but he had left a cigarette burning in the tool shed. Everyone was out safe & sound & that is all that matters!
It is so sad as the house went up in 5 minutes.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-21-2019 at 02:47 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 08-21-2019, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

That’s so sad, Bev. I’m very sorry for that family.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

What a devastating event! So sad.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:10 AM

That is very sad about the house! Thankfully everyone made it out and the girls knew they needed to get to a safe place.

My DS and I will be heading that way on Sept 26 and home again on the 29th. The tournament is over the weekend. My DD is bummed she can't come since other than driving through the corner on our way home from AZ we haven't been to TX yet. She has college (started this morning) and can't miss 2 days... So she and my DH will get to stay home and tend to the dogs.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:28 AM

I'm so proud of my community. There was a Go Fund Me page set up before the fire was out & lodging was set up even before that. Of course we offered that they could stay here also but the lodging was set up after that. I was proud of my DGK's as they played w/the girls & kept 'em distracted the while time the house was burning. They worked hard to keep the 3 yr old from looking out the window. I saw neighbor after neighbor put cash in their hands regularly. The dad is a Sheriff's deputy. Of course he & his wife were here in no time. He was out there helping to put it out the whole time. I saw 5 different volunteer Fire departments trucks including all the Brady Fire trucks.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-21-2019 at 08:23 AM. Reason: PM
Old 08-21-2019, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
That is very sad about the house! Thankfully everyone made it out and the girls knew they needed to get to a safe place.

My DS and I will be heading that way on Sept 26 and home again on the 29th. The tournament is over the weekend. My DD is bummed she can't come since other than driving through the corner on our way home from AZ we haven't been to TX yet. She has college (started this morning) and can't miss 2 days... So she and my DH will get to stay home and tend to the dogs.
Let me know when your trip is closer if ya have a window of time that we can meet up.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:43 AM

I want to apologize for posting a GO Fund Me page here. My intention was to show how quickly my community stepped up to support my neighbors. Please don't think I was asking for donations.