Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 07-26-2019, 05:14 AM

My life got a bit crazy earlier this week. Our White Lab got very sick on Mon. Vomiting & diarrhea. By the time our appointment to see the vet came around she was pooping blood. He found bacteria in her stool. Gave her 3 shots & sent home some meds for her. She is better now. Gosh but it was scary. She's 10 now.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Hope your dog continues to improve, Bev. We love our furbabies!

Carrie, I haven't been able to get the notifications to work for me, ever. What I do is subscribe to the threads I am active in, and then when I come to the board I click on "settings" and it shows me all my subscribed threads that have new posts.

You can subscribe to this thread by clicking on "thread tools" at the top of these posts, and then click on "subscribe to thread". Later, click on "settings" at the top right, and it will show you any of your threads that have new posts. You can do the same with other threads you want to follow.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:10 AM

Bev--that would be very scary! Glad to hear he is doing better.

SBG--Thanks for the info. I actually got an email about Bev's dog....strange. I think I'll try what you said too though just to be sure.

Here are 2 of the 3 baby quilts I've been working on. The first my mom did the cross-stitching and I did the quilting/binding. The 2nd I just finished putting the hexagons together today (6"-- y-seams aren't too hard to do when this big) I hope to get it sandwiched this afternoon and maybe start quilting. I will square it up after quilting. DH took the afternoon so my sewing time is cut a little short...I started the day thinking I was home all day alone...oh well it is nice he wants to spend time with me.
Attached Thumbnails img_0263.jpg   img_0264.jpg   img_0299.jpg  
Old 07-27-2019, 10:57 PM

carriem, I have a son who has been speaking to me lately about making little goals and trying to reach them. I like his ideas. It seems less overwhelming that way... It sounds like your list is pretty big right now! Good luck with it. It has helped me if I have a deadline and am sewing for someone else. (Most of the things on my list are just things I started, but I do a have a quilt that I intended for a wedding present a few years ago. And those quilts I dream of making for siblings and grandchildren.) On the up side, I haven't bought any new fabric this year to start a new project! And hope to keep being motivated to work on things I've already got going.

Yes, being with loved ones sure beats sewing alone. :-) You have the right thought going there. :-)
Old 07-28-2019, 06:24 AM

I can never stay up late to early in the am; guess that shows my age except I have always been that way. My eyes go shut and within 10 minutes or less, I am fast and sound asleep! I admire those who can, but its not in my DNA. I have too many quilt ideas and UFOs to count, so I am avoiding quilt stores online and anywhere else except for a few things in June Shop Hop...less than $$ I used to spend. It's not hard to carry it into my quilt room either, I just need one hand to carry it in!LOL!

Starting on the second strip of the 1930s quilt, sitting the blocks together, going down in numerical order. Hope to get at least one finished today, if I get to work on it instead of playing on the computer. LOL!

Love your quilt, Carrie. I had made so many baby quilts, since 1972, I have lost count. Making baby quilts was always a fun thing to do. And sewing with loved ones is always a treat...or hosting or traveling with loved ones is/was a treat. Dudld, good news to hear your dog is OK again.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:32 AM

We are going to DGD's show today. I am excited about it. DGD is the youngest Elsa in Frozen Jr.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:38 PM
Power Poster

Well, I had a productive Sunday! First, I made it to Sunday School, only to learn they are moving my class from our nice classroom in the new wing to an old hole in the wall in the old building... just because we are a small class. It really feels like a slap in the face. So I came home and quilted my heart out! I got two quilts finished and ready to bind, and spray basted and pinned three other small quilts. Next Sat. is my monthly quilt meeting so this week I'll be quilting as many tops as I can... had a pile of them. I also finished quilting one of Givio's beautiful tops and got it sent back to her yesterday. So... I've been productive, quilt-wise!

Hope you all had good weekends.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:11 AM

Wow, ya did good SBG! I have been sluggish. I haven't been sewing. We were talking & figured out that it might be my new diet. Well, DH & I are gonna be busy today as we are gonna go & prune DM's tree. Since we didn't get it done last winter we had to wait till there was no chance for Oak Wilt to get to it. It's safe now.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

I don't know where my days go! Did work 3 days last week and Friday off 45 minutes after closing, then went and bought groceries...I was whipped as it took most of Saturday to recover. On the home front here's photos of the 4 girls sewing projects last week...oops the photos are on my phone. will have to share later.

I've been cleaning and purging fabric...mostly fashion fabric. I haven't sewn clothes in years so time to get rid of it! Back to the WIC where I've been working.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:19 AM

Must be summer days are here and everyone is busy. A small update on the 1930s quilt, another row added so its from one to 22 blocks now.[ATTACH=CONFIG]615923[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615924[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615926[/ATTACH]. Then I got busy doing other things, but still have time to smell the roses.[ATTACH=CONFIG]615927[/ATTACH]Hibus[ATTACH=CONFIG]615928[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615929[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615930[/ATTACH]and admire the new tiger lilies. Maybe I can figure out how to model a wall hanging or quilt like the lily blooms.
Attached Thumbnails dscn1161.jpg   dscn1162.jpg   dscn1163.jpg   dscn1164.jpg   dscn1170.jpg  

dscn1168.jpg   dscn1166.jpg   dscn1167.jpg