Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-22-2019, 05:41 AM

I want to say real quick that the DGF hadn't left a cigarette in the shed. He had been using a propane torch & the fire inspector said that the fire started in a bin of rags. The speculation is that a spark got in the bin. He has been known to smoke in there & that was what the family thought had happened.
I took care of the li'le girl yesterday while the parents dug through the house & found what was salvageable. There was very little but what they found was important.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:22 AM

Wow, Dublb, watching a house burn is very stressful. Time after time, I have hear and seen how quick good people react to help one another. Its the good part of the bad for sure. It was good no life was lost.

Our daughter almost when to College Station, but it was too far and not good connections to come and go from Corpus Christi. My niece did live there for several years, but not to go to college. Texas is so large, it could divided into five states. Only after driving across it North and South or East and West, does a person realize how large it really is. Like any other place, it has good kind people and bad unkind people.

Maybe I can get into my quilt room today and at least, pet some fabric. Its very calming to pet the fabric.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:17 AM

We took another trip to Ft Worth. We went for #1DSon's White coat ceremony. He is now officially a Student Dr. We went on Thurs & came back yesterday. DD & DM came w/us. We got a hotel for 3 people so DD stayed at #1DSon's house. I was so upset at the hotel as we had reserved a room w/a King bed & a double bed, what we got was a King & a hide-a-bed. Poor DM had to sleep on all those springs.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on the ceremony, Bev! You must be so proud of your son!
Old 08-25-2019, 06:24 PM

Thank You SBG! I am very proud of him.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:55 AM

Congrads, Dublb, on your son's white coat. So great that you'all could attend the occasion. It is a joy to watch our children succeed in their lives at what they love to do. So nice to hear of his progress, and we wish him well on his journey. Hope you and Carrie can meet while she is in College Station, Texas.

All Iowa Shop Hop was a big success this year, one lady made it to every shop on the list. 232 prizes have been announced and notified, which did not include me, but I had fun at the six shops I did manage to visit. Some 20 states were represented and several countries, as I recall reading about it. Need to go 'pet' my stash again.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

Our state is only marginally into quilting. We don't have many shops. Wish we could have something big like your Iowa State Shop Hop here! It's fun just to go and see the different shops and what they carry, how they display things, etc.

Bonnie Hunter was here about a week ago (in Vicksburg) for a 4 day teaching event. I didn't go, tho.

I think Fall Paducah is coming up soon, too. Not going to that one either!
Old 08-26-2019, 01:03 PM

I guess my mind is going. I remember someone posting about selvages & me saying I'd take 'em if no one else wanted 'em. I have had so much happen recently that my mind has lost who. Did I talk to one of ya'll about it? I got some lovely selvages in the mail today. I truly want to thank the sender & ask forgiveness for my forgetfulness.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

LOL, dublb! Sorry can't help you with the selvages. Now that sounds like something that would happen to me. Congrats to your son's white coat...what a step...you have every right to be proud.

I'm in the midst of another UFO hoping to finish it next week. In my decluttering, I found denim and cotton quilt blocks (56 of them). I took a couple of days and sewed them together. Then GD#1 tried the LA for the first time..did a nice job of meandering. I bound it...my DIL claimed it so it went up the road. Nights are starting to get chilly here and no one wants to start the furnace yet.

This UFO has 143 blocks...I had to make about 20 of them before I started putting them together. Sewing rows together now.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

I've started a Bricks and Stones quilt with my Civil War fabrics. It's pretty easy and I hope to use up as much of that CW fabric as I can! My bricks are darkish, so I'm using red and white stones, instead of black and white.