Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 07-09-2018, 07:40 AM

I will look in my Christmas fabrics, then. Size of ornaments or trees compared to a nickel would help. Can you post a picture? I have ton of the fabric for Christmas (2 ex-large totes) and 3 small totes of green to make frogs with.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

I know I don't have any, OK... Was it a Connecting Threads fabric?
Old 07-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

No it's a Debbie Mumm from her Jolly Christmas line for Wilmington fabric. Thanks for looking folks!
Old 07-09-2018, 03:06 PM

I was hoping that it came from the Iowa Shop Hop Christmas theme because I still have some of that. I will dive into my guest closet and check it out tomorrow. I do not remember light green with trees, etc. on it but will look.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:25 PM

OK, I don't have it. How frustrating to run out so close to finishing.

We have been painting DD's new house. Some of the rooms have been painted but they didn't cut in & have paint on the ceiling. We painted the kitchen & the hall then we touched up the rest of the walls. They look great. We will touch up the ceilings, paint the bathrooms & paint the stairwell after she gets all her furniture moved. I think next year we will be painting the upstairs. The moving starts tomarrow. Well, they do already have their beds, TV, & half of their sectional. They wanted to sleep in a house w/central air right away.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:08 PM

Sorry, Ok., I do not have Debbie Mumm lines Jolly Christmas line of fabric. Love her fabric, but did not purchase any of that. Maybe your guild members can help you out with a piece of it. I hope so.

Butterfly number four is done:[ATTACH=CONFIG]597642[/ATTACH]

OK do you remember the corn lily under a different name?? The one that grows everywhere...in ditches, old homesteads, etc. [ATTACH=CONFIG]597643[/ATTACH] or what others may have called it? Curious mind wants to know. They are called 'daylilies' because the bloom only lasts one day.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0961.jpg   dscn0932.jpg  
Old 07-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Hey thanks for looking everyone...I do appreciate it...and yes I will ask the guild friends.

I've always called them "ditch" lilies here. I looked in my wildflower book...Iowa Wildflowers of the Tall Grass Prairie and it is not listed in it. Have never heard them referred to as anything other than roadside or ditch lilies. I have some planted around an old steel bin to keep weeds down. Also started some in the lane on the rocky north side. They would have been blooming nicely right now had not MrOK mowed them off. Oh well they will be okay and the accompanying weeds are gone. At least he didn't put 2-4D there!
Old 07-11-2018, 04:22 AM

I ordered a batch of lilies from Gilbert H. Wild in two different orders to set out in the perennial beds. One is blooming this year. Trying to plant enough to crowd out orchard grass and weeds from the bed. DH cleans out the beds and his hoe just hoes some of the flowers out too. Peonies that I collect in reds always seem to get hit. But I will keep trying! Love their peonies, irises, and lilies at Wild's and their 'special' pricing sales. Cannot add any more this year, but there is always a next year or so we hope.

Everyone have a good day; keep cool, enjoy some quilting today.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:20 PM

I am sure ya'll are tired of hearing about all my moving. It is my new life now, I think. Either moving or painting.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Bev, I know moving and refurbing a house can be all consuming. I hope you have some help with that painting. You've certainly done your share! Hope you get some sewing therapy soon.