Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 06-11-2018, 04:07 AM

WOW, OK! That is a lotta rain! HUGGS
Jeanie I love your quilts! You go girl!
We had a Lake Club meeting on Sat evening. It went very well. We had a lotta good food & made some more plans for the improvements around here.
I am still painting....& painting....& painting....
Old 06-11-2018, 04:30 AM

Ok, I envy all your rain, we can sure use some here but no such luck. It is cloudy too, so maybe a another 5 minute sprinkle. Our young ducks do not like the rain!

JeanieG, how wonderful to have finished three tops! Upside down picture does not matter, we can see how wonderful you have done each one. I cleaned up my fabrics in QR and now cannot find the fabric to finish the border on the quilt I was finishing. Why does that happen??? Just cleaned to organize and lose what I was working on??

Cousin and her husband and his sister visited yesterday; we all enjoyed ourselves. They will return the end of the month. They left their mini-camper parked here until they return. More fun then.

Keep smilin' and quiltin'.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:46 AM

I know QNS - I have misplaced things a few times and then find them right under my nose!!

Do you guys remember the PC Riders Mystery Blocks Ridealong? We started it in Jan. 2013!!!!! Can you believe we have been at this this long? I just found the blocks that everyone sent me. I had made 6" blocks of all the blocks I had made for everyone else, but had a couple more to make. I think they are all done now, and I am in the process of putting it all together. Don't know if I will add the 6" blocks around the outside border like I thought I would, will have to play with the layout! Such fun to find this project!
Old 06-11-2018, 05:34 PM

I joined in 2013, but maybe after the PC Riders Mystery Blocks Ridealong beginning. I don't remember it. I probably found this thread later in the year, although I started the PC top before I started the FWS top...
Old 06-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

I have my blocks all together waiting to get some time to work on them, too, Jeanie. I'd love to see those 6" blocks...do you have setting plans yet?
Old 06-11-2018, 10:34 PM

OK - I thought I would incorporate them into a border??? Almost all the blocks that everyone did for me are Batiks, but these 6" blocks are not. I don't know if that will look odd or not! I have not laid them out around the 12" blocks. I have one more column to sew together, then a very thin border to separate. Hmmmmm, such a dilemma! They will probably end up being orphaned blocks! LOL
Old 06-12-2018, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

Was it JanRN who incorporated blocks in her border of the her PC? Someone did and it looked very nice!
Old 06-12-2018, 12:49 PM

We got an inch of rain last night, not enough, but better than none. Gravel roads still kick up dust. Jeanie, I remember those blocks we all traded around, what a wonderful idea! I think I know where mine are located!

Hot and hotter here! What will the heat do in July and August do here since they are traditionally hot.???
Old 06-13-2018, 05:40 AM

Good morning ladies! I stop by here often to ooh and aah over the beautiful projects--I'm never disappointed. Lovely, lovely work. I haven't been sewing much.
OK thank you for remembering my Pony Club quilt, AKA Donkey quilt lol. I'll try to attach a pic for Jeanie so she can see the small blocks incorporated in the border. (If I remember how to attach a pic!)
Peace and joy to all of yinz.[ATTACH=CONFIG]595907[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pony-club-quilt.jpg  
Old 06-13-2018, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

Jan, great to hear from you! Hope you have been doing well. That's a beautiful quilt! I loved seeing it.