Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 06-13-2018, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Hi Jan..I was pretty sure it was you with the small border blocks...Jeanie, notice how asymmetrical the block placement is...

Don't expect to hear from me for a bit...lots to do over the next 3 weeks...good to hear you got some rain QNS...
Old 06-13-2018, 10:02 AM

So glad you stopped by Jan! I love how you placed those little blocks! Back to the drawing board for me now!
Old 06-13-2018, 02:40 PM

Hi Jan. Glad to hear from you. Love the picture of your quilt again! So many memories of making that quilt.

Fact: our young ducks do not like rain or to be sprinkled! Hatchery sent our 15 hen chicks with one extra surprise. Although hatched in mid-May, that extra one is a rooster crowing his little heart out because he ended up with 15 hens. LOL! Chiggers are terrible this summer. Every time I stick myself outside, I am very sorry for doing so. Looking forward to staying home for a couple of weeks and trying be bored! LOL! Too much to do!

Love, laugh, quilt and smile.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:16 PM

janRN, Beautiful quilt! I like how it's set with the bright turquoise and dark blue. That really shows the blocks off nicely.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:50 AM

quilter 65 does a beautiful job again see at B/W with a Pop of Color HSTs
Old 06-15-2018, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

My tomatoes were attacked by hornworms! They pretty well ravaged them before I found them. Picked them off and they are 'squish city'. I guess I'll have to break out the Thuricide, a natural worm killer.

I also have an update on my baby birds. They left the nest yesterday but we only found one of the four. Hubby found a bulging snake in the garage, so that's probably were the other three babies are. So sad! He tossed the snake far away from the house but didn't kill it because it's a king snake. We have too many mice to be without a snake. The one survivor bird was fluttering around but I didn't see it fly up into the air. Mama bird was close by and checking on it. Later that evening I tried to find it but it was gone. I hope the Mama got it to fly to safety.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595999[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3849.jpg  
Old 06-15-2018, 08:09 AM

Mice are attracted to food and shelter and so are rats. Snakes and cats get rid of them. DGPs fed black snakes by leaving milk in the barn for them. Solution: get cats, lots of cats and the mice will move away or be killed. Ask any farmer who were troubled by them. Feed the cats where the mice are housed. Our choice here was cats not mice. We are being invaded with flies. Hate them,too. Have hung up the half water filled quart plastic bags above the door frame that hangs down over the door with two shinny gold pennies in it. Seems to help a little bit. Think they ride in on DH back coming in the door. Or he hesitates as he opens the screen door and they fly right in.

Our 'rains' are a full 5 minutes of storms moving in and out again. Very dry here, so happy we did not plant a garden this year.

Bible Sampler is much like Laura Aaron Hird's other three books: 6 inch finished blocks. One I am working on does not have a squared up piece...trying to pp it, if not, I will rid myself of it and continue onward.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:01 PM

There is no painting going on today. I drove DD to San Angelo to see a chiropractor. The one in Brady is outta town. This one is partnered up w/the one in Brady. Anyway DD's shoulder is hurting very badly. She tore her rotator cuff when she was 14. Well this chiropractor told her that she is also having nerve pain in her neck also. He treated her w/a cold laser & iced her down for 20minutes. She is supposed to see the chiropractor in Brady on Monday. In the meantime she needs to ice everything down every 4 hours. Oh yeah, it took him 4 try's till he was able to do an adjustment in her neck 'cause her neck is so stiff and swollen.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:36 AM

I just read an amazing thing on the 'picture' section under 'podunk' project. Windows ten adjusts all the FW sampler quit patterns (probably later patterns in in the series of FW) and causes the blocks to come up short both in templates and paper piecing. Wow! Instead of using PDF files, go through Acrobat Reader and it prints them out the right size. We all adjusted in our seams, I am sure but that was an eye opener for sure.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:04 PM

We have a nest of sparrows near the back porch. I guess it's time for the babies to fly out. Our dog found one wet in a pan of water today, that my husband uses to catch rain for our chicken to drink. The chick was wet, except for it's head. I wanted to rescue it from our rat terrier (hunting drive kind of dog), so I picked it up and put it in a bowl to let it dry. I didn't realize it was old enough to fly, and thought it had fell out of the nest. Silly me, I put the bowl in the house to keep it away from the dog. Now the chick is dry, and it's flying around in the house and I can't catch it. I'm trying to throw a towel over it, which is what I used to do when I had pet finches. It worked for them! But this little beastie is going to places that are not flat enough for this trick to work, and it keeps escaping my towel.

QNS, good tip! Thanks for the info.