Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 07-12-2018, 02:55 PM

OK - I don't have any of that fabric either, so sorry!

QNS - I love the butterfly block you are doing. It is awesome. Also the Bible blocks are great. I kind of miss not having something to do each week. It helped keep me in the sewing room more that I now spend in there.

Been up at a lake near us for the last 3 days. Much cooler here at home!
Old 07-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

No problem folks...I was at a guild program meeting yesterday and we looked through some Christmas fabrics for a project and there it was...right on top of the scraps...I immediately grabbed it and declared...can I have this? The other 3 laughed at me and then laughed some more when I told them why I needed it. Binding is stitched on and now time to stitch it down!
Old 07-12-2018, 04:24 PM

Wonderful ending to the story, OK.

I have completed five butterflies and back to doing the Bible Sampler. Instead of doing the blocks by ABC order by numbers, I am doing it in the order she suggests for the quilt layout... king size of course. I have done all 128 hour glass blocks, and completed 26 of the piecing blocks....(which is also 128 blocks). My timing has been a bit off, 'cause I have not done two every week as I should have done. And what we did with each quilt we did on QB. Trying to make up time now and sew on them completing at least half or more as soon as possible. Every two rows or 13 more 6" finished blocks I will make a few more butterflies. The butterflies will be made from fabric in my stash. Nice to work where it is cool inside the QB room.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

How nice you found the fabric, OK! It was meant to be...
Old 07-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

Well it was a hot humid one today with heat advisory in my part of the world! Still hot and still at 10:30 pm...no shutting down the AC and opening the windows tonight. A front will be coming in and cool things down which will be good. Saturday the tribe starts moving in with the NC family! Have some beds to make up...bedding is clean and ready to go. Sunday the Mass chaos group with the twins fly in. Sister and brother on the 19th as well as their children and some grands...haven't done a head count for Friday at the farm (next week) yet...After the event last week this will be a piece of cake although 15 kids between the age of 17 and one will be interesting! Looking forward to it. Again I will be AWOL for a while...so stay cool everyone.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

Have a great time with your family, OK. My biggest worry when guests come is being able to feed them. Is this a family reunion? Or is it your birthday? 15 kids in the house... your cup runneth over!
Old 07-12-2018, 08:22 PM

Oh my, OK, 15 kids!!!! Hope you have lots of snacks on hand - they can really go through them! Have a wonderful time. So great you got the fabric to finish your quilt!

Old 07-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Power Poster

Yes it's a family reunion...only one family with 3 little ones are staying here, but they will be in and out throughout the week. All but 2 are our Grands...I guess we are the prolific family members.

Oh and Bonnie...making my grocery list for a tomorrow's expedition! Will have some fresh veggies from the garden, have beef in the freezer, eggs in the frig and milk in the bulk tank!
Old 07-13-2018, 05:20 AM

Yes, I am usually painting w/someone. I will be painting w/DSonIL on Monday & Wednesday. I am going to my guild meeting on Tuesday & then the Sew & Share. I need that. DSonIL is a fast painter & I bet he is through before Wednesday. He was trained in the Navy how to paint.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

That's the kind of help to have, Bev!