Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 01-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

My mother in law had copd, and really had a hard time of it.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:13 PM
Power Poster

I'm sorry Bev. It's as hard on you as it is on her, watching her suffer. Prayers for all of you!
Old 01-08-2018, 04:20 PM

#1DSis is off of the respirator! She has even gone to the bathroom a couple of times & is sitting up, cross-legged, in the bed talking. They are even gonna transfer her outta ICU latter this evening.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

That is great news, Bev! Hope she continues to breathe better and recover.

I've been working on my On Ringo Lake quilt borders and came to realize they only fit on an odd number of blocks. My layout is 5 wide, so the borders fit there, but it's 6 long, and not fitting on those edges. I tried everything I could think of to remedy the problem and have come to realize the only way to get the look I want is to open it up and insert another row! So here I go back to the drawing board to make more blocks and sashings. This is the second time since the reveal that I have gone back to make "5 more".... Hope it's the last time.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:23 PM

Oh SBG - so sorry you have to sew more units. I'm glad you have the fabric to do so! I am running short on some of mine!
Old 01-08-2018, 09:07 PM
Power Poster

SBG...the best laid plans!
Old 01-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Power Poster

Bev that is great news that she is more comfortable now.

Bonnie, I hope you get it worked out.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:45 PM

I've been making a Churn Dash baby quilt for my new grandson. If I get it finished, I'll share a picture here.

We are talking about Easter already? :-) It's so cold here, the snow is deep and white. Easter seems like Spring, and a far way off...

I hope all who aren't well are on the mend. I can't decide what to do about my health insurance this year. The good Lord blesses me with health, but my husband recently had a surgery and needs another. I like QNS's positive attitude. I feel like I've learned a lot from that girl! :-) ...Just take one day at a time, and be thankful. :-)

SBG, You will be satisfied with your ORL when you add the blocks and the border fits good. A minor set back, keep movin' forward.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:25 PM
Power Poster

Got my quilt enlarged. Now to make a little more of the border and it can go on and be finished. Yay.

They say we are to get snow on Friday. We'll see, I guess. It's rained for days but the temps are back up in the 50's. We are supposed to get colder days by the weekend, and possibly that snow. I don't mind if we don't!

Givio, hope you find a good health insurance to cover your hubby.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:56 PM

Thanks, Givio, for your kind words. It was the way I was raised by our foster Grandmother. She never was rich, but loved life and was happy with life every day. Every cloud had a silver lining and she always looked for it in the saddest or roughest days of her life. She has been gone since 1981, but I still hear her voice in my ears and miss her everyday that I live. Couples I know have Mutual of Omaha Insurance benefits. If you can get in with a big group, your rates will be less.

I enjoyed our warmer weather with Quilter 65 today making a quick F A R T trip to Chariton, Iowa The Sampler QS with 60% off all fabric and back room was still $1-$3 dollars a yard. I walked out with about 60 yards for less than $235.00 according to Quilter 65 guess estimate. I haven't measured it out yet...but it was two very heavy plastic tote bags. No, DH was busy at home. They were very busy for them, and the shop owner was having stress problems, and irritation in her voice writing the numbers of each bolt down on her list to her helper who was trying to help. I will try to take photos later.

Givio, Spring is less than 80 days away. Have gotten a pile of garden 'wish' books to encourage the thoughts of gardening.