Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 02-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

So sorry to hear of your loss, QNS. May you spend the time mourning, but remembering the good times you had with her.

Meanwhile it's as thick as pea soup out. 80 degree temperature swing from 40 below on Wednesday to 41 when we drove into HS omelet breakfast at noon. Bitter cold snow and warm air temps equal fog. I can't believe how much snow melted. Have all receipts for EOY corralled in files! Not much sewtime.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Very sorry, Sue. I wish they had thought to contact you. I found out about my cousin’s death on Facebook! I contacted her daughter to ask what happened and give condolences, and she never answered.

Sorry you lost a loved quilting friend.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:40 AM

I talked to Susan's Husband last night, and he told me all the details, so the Lord took her home and she is not feeling bad any more. She was a loving sharing, giving person, always positive and I have great memories of her. O! the miles we shared on a bus tour and to Michigan and quilt shops I will remember forever. Actually, her death was like my Grandmother's experience of the bowel slipping down into the rupture and not functioning right. My DGM had good surgeons in Iowa City and survived. Susan did not after the routine of them looking into it to see with the scope what was wrong. ( Her motion sickness got her to vomiting backed up into her lungs, cutting off her air) and Mr. Susan said he was all cried out last night, and is starting to look at details he needs to do this week and is beginning to face the future knowing what ever he does, Susan is gone. Grief period is different for each of us, but he is making progress toward healing. A lady has already volunteered to make each grand and great child a teddy bear from her clothing.

Onward in my day, 7 more blocks to finish my Christmas block son the Burgoyne Surrounded quilt top. Have a good week, let your friends know how much you think of them and appreciate them.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:55 PM

I was in Bandera Yesterday. It is a couple hour drive. Actually I drove to Kerrville, to where my DF & her DH are camping. The the 3 of us went to Bandera. It was so fun. First we went to a museum then we ate at a BBQ restaurant. After that we went to a LQS & then shopped at the unique shops that were there. Mostly we went to antique shops. My DF & I now know what a counterpane is. There were 2 of 'em at the museum.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Can't wait to see your Christmas Burg Sur, Sue.

Bev, glad you had such a fun day. Were the counterpanes crocheted squares, joined together? That's what I think of as a counterpane.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:54 PM

This was one of the counterpanes. It is the more intricate of the 2. I'm not sure why I didn't get a pict of the other one.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:31 PM

I just love this version of a Lilly Block. (It's now on my bucket list.)

This basket block quilt looks to me like it has a version of a Baptist Fan quilting pattern.

I love this Signature quilt!

Isn't this sewing machine just darling. I wish it had a bit more care but I still love it.

I love this one also. It uses a shuttle boat bobbin. I also wish this one was in better condition but loved seeing it.

This Yo-yo quilt was at an antique shop. It was 120 X 85. The tag said that it was circa 30's or 40's. If I ever get around to making a Yo-yo quilt this a lot like I want it to look like.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:49 PM

OH, the museum also had a Minnesota Treadle sewing machine. The thing is we couldn't get the cabinet opened up so that we could see it. One of the curator's tried & tried to get it opened up so we could see it. The top would only open up about 4 or 5 inches. We did use DF's phone as a flash light so that we could see what kind of sewing machine it was. It was mounted backwards. I don't know if that was why it wouldn't open or not.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the antique quilt show, Bev!
Old 02-05-2019, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful counterpane... it and all the other quilts are in such good condition for their age.

Too bad they didn't take as much care with the machines. Looks like they pulled them out of the barn after 100 years... But you're right, it was cool just to see them.

The yoyo quilt is really pretty.

Thank you for the photos, Bev!