Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-30-2018, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Good morning...house is quiet...coffee is brewing...come have a cup with me! Oh for sweets...there's a couple of chocolate covered cherries left (We've been keeping them safe from the Grands) and a tin full of Royal Danish cookies. MrOk and I finally finished the leftovers in the frig. The ham I baked was huge! but provided lots of additions to egg and potato dishes over the week. The biggest hit was the big chuck roast I baked...simple with a few onions over the top. I was planning a pot roast, but didn't get it in the oven in time to add the veggies. The leftover meat was chopped up the next day for soft shell tacos...also had chicken but the beef won out with the kiddos.

Looking lovely, dublb!

Laundry is done now to get the towels and sheets downstairs again. MrOk can now sit on his stool in the mudroom and take off his outer clothes without reaching over several boots and overcoats. The NC clan made it back home with little trouble. And we all admit it was time for them to go home...the kids wouldn't agree, but Gma Cow's house is not home and all are ready to sleep in their own beds and have their own routines back. It was a wonderful Christmas despite lots of rain here..equate that to mud and the feeding platform for the heifers flooded with water with no where to go. Ah idyllic life on the farm.

Think I will go sew! Have end of the year books to begin. It's been a disheartening year...hope 2019 improves.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

My guess is that Bonnie will post her reveal on New Year’s Day, as usual, and we will all see how everything goes together. Bev, your units are looking good with the black!

Sue, here in Mississippi the tradition is to cook black eyed peas and cabbage. I have both ready, plus a ham.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

Wishing you a much better 2019, OK!

Know what you mean about ‘time to go home’. Much as I loved the time with my kids, it was nice to get home to sleep in my own bed.... Looking forward to some quiet sewing time.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:17 AM

Dublb, (Bev), better check the last clue again....its eight and half inches long. Check under the challenge in top of QB menu bar they way they have done the last BH clue.

Welcome back, SBG. And special New Year Day to you.

OK, sounds like the company made you happy twice: seeing them come in and seeing them leave with a amile on their faces. I hope 2019 is a better year, too.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:27 AM

I just did a double check & both size strips are 8 1/2" long. The way they are laying there in the pict they do look kinda short.
Thanks ya'll! It means a lot that ya'll like my units.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Dublb, (Bev), better check the last clue again....its eight and half inches long. Check under the challenge in top of QB menu bar they way they have done the last BH clue.

Welcome back, SBG. And special New Year Day to you.

OK, sounds like the company made you happy twice: seeing them come in and seeing them leave with a amile on their faces. I hope 2019 is a better year, too.
Oh no QNS...no smiles...just lots of tears when they leave...knowing it will be a while before we will see them again.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

Well, I got that 'quiet sewing time' I was hoping for. I made another bag! I think I'm hooked.... This one is a sewing caddy for me-- for taking to my quilt group when we have sew alongs. I think it will be very useful.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606051[/ATTACH]

More pictures in my post, here:
Another ByAnnie Bag-- Catch All Caddy

So tomorrow it will be January and a new year! Where does the time go? The months just fly by. Hubby and I never do anything for NY's eve... We are usually so wiped out from Christmas and houseguests and traveling that we just want to stay home in our jammies all day! I'll cook the peas and cabbage and ham, and watch the Tournament of Roses Parade on TV. That's my favorite parade. There may be a dog show on, too.

Happy New Year, All!
Attached Thumbnails img_4596.jpg  
Old 12-31-2018, 11:06 PM

I love the bag SBG! It looks very useful!
OK, I do know what ya mean about the kids leaving. I especially miss #2DSon. He was the last one to leave the nest. The thing is, when he isn't in college he only spends a bit of time w/us as he has a job in Midland.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

Happy New Year everyone...the sun is shining here, but started to get colder overnight after a bit of snow last night. We used to get together with friends on NYE, but as families got older it was put on back burner. So a quiet evening here, too.

Oh what a fun bag..perfect for your take alon" g bag! What did you use for stabilizer in it? It has so much body!

My EOY completion is not nearly as pretty! Our farm dogs sleep on the covered porch. They could stay in the barn on cold nights, but they choose to sleep near us. Every winter I make them dog beds/rugs which end up being thrown away at the end of the season. Last night I took my practice LA tension strip...about 36 x 15" of "quilt"...and sewed 2 together. Then went to my "dirty" denim bag and pulled out several 8" precut strips. Starting in the center of the "batting" I sew and flip the strips to the base on one side. When finished with that turn it over and sew and flip strips in the other direction on the back side. Then trim off the excess and sew around the perimeter. As soon as I put it on the porch, the old dog immediately left his post at the door and laid down on it. I think he will let Skye cuddle up to him! Happy New Year Lucky and Skye.

Now off to bookwork!
Old 01-01-2019, 07:12 AM

Yep, Bonnie posted another clue this morning! Still a mystery on the finish.

The first day of the New Year. May it be a good one for all of us.

I keep forgiving that at my age, we are happy twice, to see kids come and see kids go. They wear us out all too quickly, but we do enjoy every minute that they are here. We are happy that they all have homes and jobs and are very good at what they do. Too bad its not in this area but admire them for following their own paths in life. So, now to get ready to play cards all day. Happy times.