Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-23-2018, 06:35 AM

We love the fresh fruit at Christmas time; when we lived in CC, Tx., I sent fresh Grapefruit and tangerines to all the northern members of our family. Postage was almost $100.00 on all of it. It made excellent gifts. They grew on our city lot on Flour Bluff.

What I will get in January is a new printer (from Staples) and the essential ruler from Bonnie Hunter. I am saving her clues until I can get the printer. Everyone else may have theirs together before I get beyond clue one, but that is fine will me. I can see the total picture then, and plan accordingly. Lots of nice looking pieces made up in that group on QB.

I had a Christmas eve feast all planned: shrimp and tamales. Shrimp for dh and tamales for me. But dh changed plans on me and our Christmas turkey and sides will be on Christmas eve with his brother coming down. Shrimp and tamales are on for Christmas day. I miss the Texas Mexican food I could buy or eat in restaurants, miss What-a-burger. (Yes, I miss Texas and friends down there!) I am cleaning the top oven now, and after it finishes in four hours, I will do the lower oven before I start baking anything. That gives me time to sew!
Old 12-23-2018, 06:50 AM

I love fruit. The Grapefruit grows in the Valley. It freezes here in central TX. OH how I love blueberries. My soil is too alkaline for 'em. I have wanted to get some whiskey barrels to plant some in but DH has been hesitant to go that direction. Sigh, I bet the deer would eat 'em also. We are trying to grow some apple, plum, peach, pear & apricot trees. We planted 'em last spring. We have some fencing around each one to keep the deer out. We have lost one of the apricot & one of the plum trees so gotta replant those this coming season.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:43 PM

Good luck with your fruit trees, Dublb. Our eldest daughter grew a tangerine tree from seed and it lived many years in our front lawn in Flour Bluff.

Good news I have to share. BIL came down for Christmas lunch today and cleaned my printer properly and it is working! It made my Christmas a very big great happy day. I am so relieved that I don't have to buy a new one. I do have to bet new cartridges but I don't have to change and purchase a new printer. Whew!
Old 12-24-2018, 05:00 PM

OH Sue! That's such good news. Yippy!
Old 12-25-2018, 06:17 AM

Bad news is I could buy a new printer for the cost of the ink cartridges and print head. Clean it and it works for 4-8 pages, then tells you something is wrong again. So still don't know what I am going to do, so will think about it some more and see where I go on the problem.

Hope everyone is enjoying there Christmas Winter vacations. My meal turned out excellent, redeeming myself from the less desirable meal at Thanksgiving.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:17 AM

OH Sue! I am so sorry. HUGGS.

We are getting ready to take food to DM's house. She is so pleased to have us at her house again.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:31 PM

We had a wonderful Christmas. Half of the family were here. All in all there were 20 people that sat down to eat. #1DNephew brought his fiance. She is from Chili & can only speak a tiny bit of english. Of course #1DNephew speaks Spanish well but the rest of us can't. DDIL can speak a bit of Portuguese & a bit of Spanish so the 2 of 'em did converse a bit. (DDIL spent a year in Brazil. She had only been back a few months when she met #1DSon.) Anyway DDIL & #1DNwphew's Fiance discovered that they have a mutual DF. I did feel sorry for her as all of us together can be overwhelming when ya can speak the language, how hard could it have been when she had no idea what we were saying especially when we all were laughing. I will say that I think she is good for #1DNephew. We ate at about 1:30
Everyone hung around DM's house mingling outside for quite a bit. #2DSon left at about 4:00 to go back to Midland as he had to be at work early this morning. #1DSon, his family, Mike & I came back here for a rest at about 5:00. We were quite surprised when everyone showed up here at about 7:00. All 19 of us were spread through out 3 rooms of the house! There was a lotta laughter in the house all night. I think that there were 2 games of Spades played in the dinning room.
#1DSon & his family headed home at about 10:00 this morning. I did some sewing this afternoon.
This evening DH & I watched a movie & it broke my heart. We watched "I Can Only Imagine."
Old 12-27-2018, 08:29 AM

What a nice Christmas, Dublb. so happy for you.

I tried to fix my printer by getting four new print cartridges; and used the 'tools' menu. cleaning the heads and aliening them and that seemed to work, but error message still comes up. DD is coming on the 11th of January, gifting us with their old Canon. Plus we get to hug DGS too. They (family) will be driving in on Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. Bonus time, Christmas time again!

Bonnie Hunter's next clue comes out tomorrow! Excitement is building.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:30 PM

How did I miss you posting QNS? I'm so glad that your DD is coming to gift you the printer. It will feel so good to get a newesd one.
I didn't strip piece clue 6. I just cut out the strips. My background is black & there was just no reason to string piece one fabric.

Here is a sampling of all 6 clues.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:25 AM

Wonder when the next Bonnie Hunter's clue will come out? She hinted it might be before Friday. Time will tell.

Jerry's cousin and wife are coming to play cards on January 1st, New Year's Day. Nice way to start the New Year. May it brings joys to each of us in 2019. I might even finish a quilt or two.

Happy New Year to all. Is it black-eyed pea and turnip green time??