Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-07-2018, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Looks very interesting, but I cannot see how to download or print the pattern. What am I doing wrong, please?
See if this works, QNS...another rainy day here...ugh. Have a small quilt I call "Waste Baskets" on the frame ready to do a meander on. Used waste triangles for the basket blocks. All out of stash fabrics. Make your own sunshine if you have to...have a good day.

http://www.lynbrown.com/wp-content/u...-for-Label.pdf
Old 10-07-2018, 08:07 AM

Thanks, Ok. I signed up to join if I may. I like her two week scheduled clues. I cannot decide if it will be red white and blue or scrappy. Have enough stash to wash and cut it out. The third rainy day, so will have the time to cut and sew instruction set one. Love how you broke it down per square. Lots to think about.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:57 AM

dublb, it looks like you can take all the credit for your lovely quilt. It seems you got some inspiration from BH, but you did your own thing. Show us again after you decide on borders!

I'm thinking about doing the BurgSur quilt too. I don't need another project started, but it's so enjoyable to sew with others who are doing the same project! I've got my Floribunda at the LA, should be back by Oct 23. Next up will be my snowball quilt using the 9patch swap blocks, and hope to get it back mid Nov. And then, my plan is to do some QAYG. Not looking forward to it, but must try as it's economical. :-p
Old 10-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

You can do it, Givio! Just start with simple quilting and branch out from there, as you get more comfortable. I get empowered by watching Angela Walters quilt. I have a stack of practice sandwiches and play on those before I put the quilting on the quilt. It helps a lot.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Finally got my BG fabric pressed and started on Week one of the Burg Sur QAL. Making 4P's now and about half done with them. Meanwhile got a 12 block scrap basket quilt finished and quilted. Sewing binding on now. Have a pic, but haven't downloaded it from the camera yet. I call it "Waste Baskets" as all the small HST's are waste triangles. This is my EQ rendition. Except one of the connecting HST blocks is going the wrong way in my quilt! Didn't notice it until binding was on...Just goes to show I'm not perfect! Later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]602372[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails linda-thanks.bmp  
Old 10-09-2018, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

That's pretty, OK! Can't wait to see the real quilt all finished.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Thanks sewbiz..just finished the binding and now burying my start and stop threads. Do you that in your FMQ? Will probably start a thread on it later.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Power Poster

I don't! One of the best features of my Juki machines is the auto thread cutter... even on the longarm. The cutters leave about 1/4" tails. I take a look at the back when I'm done and trim those tails down close to the quilt surface. After all the difficult picking I have done, I know those threads are not going to come out on their own. Washing seems to further 'set' them into the quilt.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:10 AM

Very interesting topic of thread tail burial. :-) I did a couple of back and forth stitches to start and stop quilting on a baby quilt, then cut the threads, and it was so ugly... It looked like a tangle area that I didn't take the time to remove... I wonder if I should have used a 0 stitch length for that?

SBG, I see on the other thread you posted you are quilting on your 9patch! Whoo hoo! Exciting!

Ok, That looks like a great pattern and it's a reaaally cute name for it! I've done my first snowball quilt and I've saved the 'waste' triangles. I might have to copy your idea. :-)
Old 10-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

Thanks givio...the light colored triangles (216 of them) are all the same and are leftovers from a friends snowball quilt...only have a couple of them left...the darks are just random from binding joinings, others projects, etc. For my leaders and enders in the Burg Surr quilt I'm sewing red and white trimmings from a couple of other friends' projects that just happen to be the same of cut off HST's....have +70 that measure 3" cut squares and thinking about what I should do with them...I am thinking of a Carpenter's Star block with a Christmasy border. Who knows!

Worked half day and then eye appointment. Need new Rx and since it's been almost 4 years since my last exam a new pair of glasses...wowsers $65 for the exam and $450 for the frames and lens...I used to budget that much every year when we had 3 kids and me in glasses. Waiting for the eyes to go back to normal...no signs of cataracts, glaucoma or MD. Good to know as all three problems run in my family.