Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-15-2018, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

Bev, did you check the motor brushes? My old Bernina 830 wears down its motor brushes and then suddenly it just stops, when there is no longer any carbon in contact with the motor armature. Worth a look... You have to open the motor housing and take the brushes out. They are just rectangles of carbon, with a spring attached. Cheap to change out.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

Yes the 4 letter "s" word is here...today's sun and balmy temps-40 degrees!-may melt it away. More apples to make into sauce. Cutting on another quilt for a friend...queen sized 20 on point block scrap quilt with a connecting block. Trying to make it from stash so takes time to select fabric pieces to make sure I have enough to cut. Have all the dark parts of the star cut, not working on the lights. Have a great day. This is a non scrap EQ version of the quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]602563[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails elaine-2018-small.bmp  

Last edited by oksewglad; 10-15-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

Oooh OK, that's going to be so pretty as a scrappy.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:43 PM

That looks nice, Ok. Great you are making it from scraps! I have my 4 patches all done in the challenge from my stash.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

Thanks SBG and QNS...Still cutting the lights for the stars.

My Burgoyne Surrounded 4P's are done, too, but have lots of background fabric to cut....
Old 10-15-2018, 04:40 PM

Today Oklahoma broke 2 of our records. The lowest high 53 . Record broke from 1914. The lowest low of 33 since 2011. Baby it is cold out there, north wind about 15 mph. Bad hair day!!!
Old 10-16-2018, 08:31 PM

Well today I took DM to Midland. It was a very wet trip. It is raining so very much in TX. There is flooding in some places. Thankfully not where I was driving. I am such a desert girl that this was weird. Most of the trip was good. The roads weren't bad at all even though it rained 90% of the trip. I didn't go through Garden City as it washed out last week. We took the road up through Big Spring. They have added a loop to the west of Big Spring. It cut 20 or 25 minutes off of the trip. Which is good as going through Big Spring use to add 30 - 35 minutes.
I did cough a bit but was able to control it w/black tea & cough drops.

DM got her tax info to her tax guy. I went to the LQS & got some fabric. We saw some family. Then we drove back.

I do hope that Jeanie isn't driving through TX in all this stuff. She was supposed to be in TX sometime in Oct. I hope she has been delayed for a few more days at least.

We witnessed an accident on the trip up there. It could have been a terrible accident but no one was hurt. An 18 wheeler was up ahead of us. I was going 65. Speed limit was 75 but the roads were wet so I was just going 65. Anyway I was creeping up on this 18 wheeler but was still quite a bit behind him. HE realized that he was about to miss his left turn so he slammed on the breaks. Yup, he lost control. (I stopped) He veered to the right into the embankment. Then he still tried to turn left. He missed his turn & went across the medium & right across some on coming traffic. They had seen him losing control & stopped in time not to hit him. The truck careened all the way across the opposing traffic & then went along the embankment that is on the opposite side of the road till he finally came to a halt. My heart didn't stop pounding for an hour. Neither did DM's.

May God Bless ya, May his face shine on you.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:51 PM
Power Poster

Oh my gosh, Bev. That was some crazy dangerous driving! I'm glad you nor anyone else was hurt. Seems like the truck driver needs to face some charges, tho. Reckless endangerment comes to mind...

We finally got some of y'all's cold weather! Well, if you can call 55 cold. For us it is... esp. when we've been having temps in the high 80's still. Love the cool weather. I opened all the windows today.

I'm enjoying my longarm (sitdown) so much! I feel like I am drawing on my quilts! Some friends from the Boom swaps sent me some of their old blocks that they never finished, once they found out I make donation quilts. So nice of them to donate their blocks to our charities... and I get to play, putting them together and quilting them. So I've been busy doing that, and getting some of my own tops quilted.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Bev, my sister in law once owned a little Chevy Chevette. In her car she had a little brass plate..."God is only a whisper away." I think of that phrase when a close encounter such as yours come to mind.

I saw your quilts SBG...they turned out great!
Old 10-17-2018, 05:44 AM

Ok, I got all my four patches done, then turned around and did another 4-patch for a red, white and blue for a second one. I cut the background for the Christmas one yesterday....24 strips, then cut each one again as directed. It took awhile to finish, so I did not do the second one's strips. Maybe today. I was afraid I would not have 6 yards for the background, so I 'acquired' 6 yards of holy embossed white for 6.00 a yard from Fabric.com. But it cut all the stripes and a little left over. Maybe enough for the 9-patches. I do have enough fabric for the second one in the blue, red and white, so it is using up some of my stash. Thanks again for the right place to download the pattern, so I can work at my pace, and contribute at the right times on her quilt along.

It really helps when we stay at home to get more done here and sew a bit.

Dublb, I wonder if that truck driver quit after that close call??? Apparently, he forgot basic driver training and put his brake on at the wrong time in wet weather. Lucky he did not have a worse accident; the Angels were working overtime on that one. Thank God, the Texans knew when to stop and avoid him. It would have left me breathless oo with my heart pounding. No word from JeanG here. Maybe she will contact SBG.