Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-27-2018, 06:32 AM

Hope you feel better soon, Dublb. My sinsus seem to be a constant thing; taking Benadryl every night just to breathe all night.

Nice, sunny fall days here; doing some housework and cooking, but mainly sewing. Enjoying every minute of it. Although the second round of doing nine patch with fabric cut into one and half strips for 80 nine patches is a little taxing to my patience. But I will get done....sometime this week.

Happy Halloween everyone. And have a good weekend! Enjoy the last of October!
Old 10-27-2018, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

dublb--maybe the chimney cleaner stirred up some dust and you reacted...hope it gets better.
QNS--haven't started on mine...better get to them.
A week ago, I ran into the wood frame of MrOK's recliner with my knee bent....wow it really hurt. Didn't swell up or anything, just hurt to walk. Much better, but still tender. Meanwhile I've been washing linens acquired from dear aunt's home...lots of more than vintage tatted and crochet edged pillowcases. I'm a little torn as these are close to 100 years old, so more antique than vintage. I've found a couple of ideas to turn them into hanger covers with some quilting enhancements...something for the granddaughters of aunt to enjoy. Gotta clean today..#3 son and wife flying in for a funeral and haven't cleaned the downstairs bathroom (barely used) in weeks and make up the bedroom...in other words get my extra batting, backings out of the room! Later.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

Just got back from taking the dog in to get three shots! He cried like a big baby, but I think it was mostly from being held tight by strangers, rather than the shots themselves. Poor guy. 81 lbs of wimp.

Who knows what I'll get into today... I have quilting to do, and piecing to do, as well. I decided to enlarge the quilt I made for hubby's bed, but before I can start that I have to make 21 more 12.5" blocks. I have 10 done. Slow going...

I have 3 Christmas donation lap quilts to sandwich and quilt. Those have to be turned in soon. I made backs for all the tops last night, as well as the candycane binding for all 3. I took red and white striped fabric and cut it on the bias, then joined the strips into one long piece. Then rolled it all up in a big jellyroll. I'm sure there is more there than what I will need for these 3 quilts, so I'll just save the excess for the next Christmas quilt. My charity group makes them every year for transplant patients in the hospital over Christmas.

Hope all of us get to sew this weekend!
Old 10-27-2018, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

SBG have you ever used this method of continuous bias? I don't number the strips, just remember to off set the first set of width strips. Attached you will find a PDF I used for one of our guild meetings.

https://sew4home.com/tips-resources/...s-bias-binding
Attached Files
Old 10-27-2018, 11:28 AM

OK, Thank you for the tutorial.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

You're welcome, E
Old 10-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

Love the tutorial... will have to try that next time, OK! Thank you.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

You're welcome, B. I learned to do this before I knew you could use straight of grain...thought this was the "only" way to do binding! Silly me...
Old 10-28-2018, 02:11 PM

Progress on Challenge, using up some of my stash although it hardly is making a dent in my collections. The Christmas green, cream, and red: [ATTACH=CONFIG]603163[/ATTACH]Strips, 4-p and 9-patch all pressed. Then I looked at the traditional one, cutting it out too, for the BS. [ATTACH=CONFIG]603164[/ATTACH]Thinking Dh just might like another quilt, too. Although he was in the AF 68-69 Alaska, no valor quilt is coming his way, so this will his red, white and blue quilt.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0986.jpg   dscn0985.jpg  
Old 10-28-2018, 04:41 PM

OH, those are just precious! I am so looking forward to seeing your quilt Sue!

I finished quilting #4DN's quilt. The one w/the big butterfly appliqued on. Now to get it bound. My cough is better just not gone yet.