Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 04-20-2019, 06:10 PM

I have decided to pull out some of my PC blocks to make up some baggies. I have located the bin I have everything in.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:40 AM

Heaven to Betsy, I have my PC hanging in the living room next the the FWSQ. Its the FW 1930s quilt that is the notebooks all made ready to put together! And the Bible Sampler is on the wall, in its sixth soon to be 7th row attached. So busy finishing the Burg Surround quilts I had forgotten were I was! I am on the last row of my Christmas quilt...will try to put the three layers together, and quilt it on my sewing machine. I might need advice on that one, then I will do dh's Quilt of Valor.

He already has my Flying Geese and California Gold quilt on his bed. They were much too hot for me to sleep under them. And he was cold in the winter, thus they became his.

Happy Easter, everyone.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:31 PM

OH my Sue, ya do have a bunch of quilts agoing on! I am in a sewing funk. I have had more bad news about DGNephew. But I'm under a gag order. I'm not supposed to talk about it. Sigh.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:55 PM
Power Poster

I'm sorry Bev. Your heart must be too heavy to sew. Hope things turn out better for y'all.

Sue, any word on the pathology from your scope? Been praying for you.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:24 AM

It is all good news so far, so I am planning on more quilt projects!
Old 04-23-2019, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
It is all good news so far, so I am planning on more quilt projects!
Yay, QNS!! That's great news. Yes, many more quilts for you!
Old 04-23-2019, 12:45 PM

Oh thank God, QNS!!! I am so happy for you!
Old 04-24-2019, 05:09 AM

Hooray Sue! Glad to hear it!
Yesterday was a better day for me. After the termite guy came I followed Mike to Brownwood/Early to buy new tires. I was worried that one of his tires would blow, then the later the donut would blow also & he'd be stuck on the side of the road. Well no tires blew so that was good. We stopped by the pet shop as I wanted a Betta. (I got a lovely blue one w/red on the outside edges.) Well while there we found out that they have a grooming service. We had Annie w/us so she got a bath & a manicure. While waiting for her we stopped at Harbor Freight & had a good time browsing. All in all a good day!
Old 04-24-2019, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

So great to hear, NinaSue. Now spend some worry free time sewing!

Gorgeous day here today again..trying to decide what to do first...coffee's done. Have a great day.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:20 PM

Hello Long Lost FWPC Friends!!!!!! I am so glad I found this thread. I didn't read through all 100+ pages but will read the last couple to try to catch up a bit on your lives...

I posted a "re-into" in the intro section since it has been so long since I've posted here, but I want to be involved again like I was before. Life the last few years has been crazy but is settling down some for a while now and I should have more time to quilt!! I pulled out "The Bible Sample Quilt" book by Laurie to look through this morning and still need to finish the 1930s one...very much looking forward to doing some paper piecing again!!! Need to just make myself get into the habit of making 2 week along other projects to make sure they get finished...

My kids are all graduated from homeschooling now (17, 19, 21). Our two youngest are living at home...19yr old son works full time doing construction and shooting archery (we travel all over US for tournaments throughout the year...heading to FL in May) and 17yr old daughter is a barista at Starbucks part-time until fall when she starts cosmetology school. I am the primary care-taker for my 81 yr old mother-in-law...she isn't in very good health so I do some cleaning for her, do her shopping and take her to all her appts. Her mind is going so we aren't sure how much longer she will be able to live alone.

On the quilting front I recently finished a couple t-shirt quilts I was hired to make for graduation gifts as well as a couple other quilts...one for a niece and one for a nephew (I make each of them one around their 5th birthdays). I also tried a little machine appliqué for a friend...not my favorite technique but it got easier as I went and can't say I wouldn't do it again. (All pictured in the "intro" forum. If I could find a small kit with butterflies and/or sunflowers I wouldn't mind making something for my craft room. My next project is a D9P for a graduation gift for a good friend of the family. Then back to some UFOs

My Janome 6600 died a couple weeks ago...thankfully the repairman saids he can fix it for around $250 (less than I thought it might be!) but when I talked to the shop owner the other day she said he was having trouble finding the part so I am not sure when I'll get it back. I have my daughter's machine (as well as some old Singers I can clean up if I get desperate) that I can use if I need to, but not the same as my big one....I have been ironing/cutting fabrics while waiting...haven't had much time to sew since it broke but have lots of time scheduled the next 3 weeks as a good friend is visiting from FL for 3 weeks for us to sew!!

I am sure I have posted my FWPC quilts before but just for fun I'll repost them here since that is how I got to know most of you!!

Hugs from Carrie in Iowa
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612122[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fwpc-quilt-2.jpeg   002-2-.jpg