Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 04-26-2019, 12:57 PM

Hi Carrie - glad you reconnected with us!!!

This thread is mainly to chat and keep connected. We have not done a quilt-a-long in a really long time. I was burned out on sampler quilts after I finished the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt, The Pony Club Quilt and the FWS 30's Quilt all done in a row. I did not even buy the Bible Sampler!

We may have to have another quilt-a-long, if someone has any ideas, or suggestions.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:40 PM

I saw some pictures of flowers in yards and for birthdays. I got these beautiful sunflowers from my daughter over the weekend for my birthday.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612131[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3432.jpg  
Old 04-26-2019, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

Oh so good to hear from you Carrie! Often times when CR, Marion or Anamosa cross my radar I wonder about you! And the kids are grown. Great that archery is still a part of your life! FYI Grand # 14 is on the way...so yes our family has grown as well. Thanks for sharing your PC quilts...going to check your re-intro! G
Old 04-26-2019, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Hi Carrie! Nice to meet you. I joined these ladies for the 1930's quilt along.

Hey Jeannie, maybe we could do a "Finish Up Along", while we all work on completing our various FW quilts. Sound good?
Old 04-26-2019, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Hi Carrie! Nice to meet you. I joined these ladies for the 1930's quilt along.

Hey Jeannie, maybe we could do a "Finish Up Along", while we all work on completing our various FW quilts. Sound good?
Sounds like a great plan! I have 18 of the 1930s blocks done and fabrics cut for 5 or 6 more. I plan to just make a large wallhanging with mine to hang in my craft room. Haven't decided what color of fabric to put between the blocks yet....leaning towards the yellow but might try a light purple too...don't have any of that in my stash to yet though.
Attached Thumbnails 18193891_302795993487988_6866202656472420860_n.jpg  
Old 04-27-2019, 06:19 AM

OH Carrie! I am so glad to see ya again. I have missed ya so much. I do understand though that ya had too much on your plate. There are times that I have ya on my mind. It is good to hear that all your kids have graduated from Homeschooing. DD is homeschooling not only her 2 but her foster DD. (My personal acronym for her is DFGD)
Old 04-27-2019, 06:39 AM

Things have been crazy here. We have termites. The extermination is gonna take place on Tues. We had to clear out half of the enclosed carport so the Exterminator can get to the place he needs to treat. I had a bunch of sewing stuff there. Soooo, we had to clean up the stuff in my building & then move most of my sewing stuff back out there.
The thing is DFGD went suicidal on Wed evening. DSonIL was outta town so Wed night DD had DFGD sleep w/her the Thurs morning she brought the DGK's here while she took DFGD to Abilene to DFGD's Therapist. Who sent them to Belton to admit her into a hospital.
In the mean time we had the DGK's help us clean out my building. That took all morning. After lunch I had to take DGD to Fredricksburg for her Theater class. I had a good time going to Wildseed Farms to spend $30 more on wild flower seeds. Then to Goodwill. While I was there DH & DGSon finished cleaning out the enclosed carport. I about had a cow. I was afraid that I wouldn't find anything out there. Well what they did was put it all in the center of my building in a way that I can go through it. Another thing they did was not only leave the industrial machine in the carport they left my Pony Club bin sitting on the industrial machine. I can get to it easily! I do plan on printing out more of the blocks, gathering up fabrics for each block & put both in Ziploc baggies so I can work on one or two every once in a while.

Last edited by dublb; 04-27-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

Those look great, Carrie!
Old 04-27-2019, 10:12 AM

Goodness Bev, you are always so darn busy - it is a wonder you get any sewing done!!! I'm sure your children are thankful for all the hard work you do for them.

Back to Fredricksburg huh - such fond memories of our time there!

Were the termites only in your sewing building, or your home too. Are they going to tent the building(s)? That is a hassle, as you have to remove lots of foodstuff! Sorry for the problem!

I am working on a new purse using the Catalina Sling Pattern (Pink Sand Beach Designs Pattern) I have used before. This is the 3rd one I have made. I like it because you can use leftover 2 1/2" strips from Jelly Rolls. The only problem with the fabric purses is that they don't last as many years as a leather purse, but I love them anyway, and they can be thrown in the washer!

Last edited by JeanieG; 04-27-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

Gee Bev, I'm so sorry about the problems with the FGD. It takes special people to deal with stuff like that. Hope she gets the help she needs.