Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-13-2019, 03:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Why is it when you have a deadline (even self imposed) you can get things done sooner?? I've had this quilt top done since July 2016 (I keep a file of my completed and in progress quilts). I made time this week even though I didn't really have it...but wanted the satisfaction of having it done before I left town for a couple days. So here is my Curved Log Cabin using Kansas Troubles fabrics...on the floor and on the day bed in our living room where it will "live".
this turned out beutifully
Old 12-13-2019, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
this turned out beutifully

Didn't it though?
Old 12-13-2019, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Carrie - cool quilt! Love the colors!

My goal this year was to get UFO's to the flimsy stage and quilt some of my long list of quilts that needed quilting. I do it all my self, on my Brother PQ1500s. I am proud to say I only have one tabletopper that needs a border and backing, then all of my UFO's are done. I spent a lot of time finishing up 4 tabletoppers and quilted three quilts during the year.

The first photo is one of my UFO's that I finished yesterday to flimsy stage, and anyone who was with us doing the FWS quilts will recognize the blocks. You were probably a contributor to this quilt. We labeled this PC Riders Mystery Block-Along Exchange. We did this exchange in 2012!!!! Have any of you finished your quilt??

The second quilt is also from 2012 and is finally a flimsy. It is the BOM from that year.

Nothing like being way behind! I still have 13 quilts that I need to quilt!
Jeanie these 2 quilts are just lovely. I do remember the block swap & see the block I made for ya. That was so fun! I need to locate my blocks & see about setting 'em together.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-13-2019 at 07:22 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 12-13-2019, 07:31 AM

Great job, Carrie and JeanieG. Now you can come to my house and finish a dozen each and that will be a good start on my UFOs. Love the Kansas Trouble fabric, Carrie. I have a tote on a high shelf of one to do project; its up there because its far down on the bucket list!

Thought I was ready for clue 3 in Frolic, but then I found I had not finished one and two with box 3, but I had started on both, so will work on that today. Box 1 is pulled from my stash, Box 2 is the first Quited Twins GH kit ordered which may exceed my wildest dreams, and Box 3 is the Batiks offered later from QT as a BH Frolic kit. We do have 3 kids, so they can choose which one they want eventually, or not Last two I finished are on my dh's bed to keep him warm!
Old 12-13-2019, 10:28 AM

lolol Wow! I should ask for pictures more often! :-p

Jeanie, So when you get the quilt top done you don't count it as a UFO anymore? I might try that idea. It seems it would give more peace of mind about finishing what I started.
carriem, the KT fabric is almost like CW fabric, it gives that antique look/feeling. That nook with 2 windows looks like it was built for putting a bed there-- just the perfect size!
Old 12-13-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
lolol Wow! I should ask for pictures more often! :-p

Jeanie, So when you get the quilt top done you don't count it as a UFO anymore? I might try that idea. It seems it would give more peace of mind about finishing what I started.
carriem, the KT fabric is almost like CW fabric, it gives that antique look/feeling. That nook with 2 windows looks like it was built for putting a bed there-- just the perfect size!
Well, I guess the 13 that need quilting are actually UFO's, but at least they are flimsies! I hated having so many with parts that needed to be done, needed blocks sewn together, and borders needed to be sewn on. I only have one now, a tabletopper, that needs a border. All the rest just need to be sandwiched and quilted. For me that is a big deal!
Old 12-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Carrie that log cabin quilt is stunning!!! I think it’s the prettiest one I’ve ever seen. It looks so good on that bed in the nook.
Love the two sampler quilts too. I need to get my Pony Quilt going again. Besides that, my FW 30’s blocks are still not even joined... seems like I’m slipping way behind in my quilting, as far as finishing what I have started. But I’m loving being a grandmother and watching my little grand girls grow.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:23 PM

Thanks Bev!

Jeanie thank you. Your flimsies look great. I recognize my block and even remember some of the others that our group made. I have attached my quilt Friendship Circle (finished in May 2014) with blocks some of you made in our exchange. I like your outlook on UFOs /flimsies...if I go that way I have 6-7 flimsies and about 8 UFOS (started quilts), and maybe, just maybe fabrics for a few more.

QuiltnNan thanks. I am very happy I finally finished it.

QNS sorry to hear that you weren't ready for the next step as you thought, that can be so frustrating.

givio I like the idea of not calling my flimsies UFOs too!!
Attached Thumbnails dsc03523.jpeg  
Old 12-13-2019, 07:45 PM

sewbizgirl I had been wanting to make a Curved Log Cabin quilt for a long time. Thanks for the nice compliment. I have my pony club quilts both done but do still have several of the FW 1930s blocks left to make. I was doing really good there for a while this summer then got sidetracked with "for hire" projects and haven't gotten back to them...
Old 12-13-2019, 08:35 PM

Carrie - That quilt is great! It is so much fun to see what great things we accomplished while doing the FWS Quilts!