Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-16-2019, 10:51 AM

I love to follow along and get updates on our 'quilt saga' journeys of the group. It makes me wanna jump back into the quilt room and sew. I did finish all of step 1 and 2 of Bonnie Hunter's Frolic Mystery and working on step 3. Love my colors I am working with, so maybe it won't end up being a UFO. We had snow last night, four inches. Tomorrow may be cancelled if no one plows out our driveway. Main roads are good to drive on, we will have to wait and see if we get to DM for dh eye appointment or not. Whatever will be, will be.

A snow day is a good sewing day!
Old 12-16-2019, 01:07 PM

QNS - so glad you are enjoying doing the mystery! I am done with about half of Clue 3. I do some each day, as I enjoy it and want to prolong it. I cut some with my Sizzix, then sew some. The Sizzix really helps with my arthritic hands. I have been able to use it on all three clues! I don't think that will last! She has probably saved all the harder clues for the next few weeks.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Sew many pretty quilts since I last checked in. For our Christmas party we gave away pin cushion kits...one gal had inherited a large sack of walnut shells to fill pin cushions, I made the top of this pattern and included batting, backing and lining. In addition I cut 5" charm squares of mostly Christmas fabrics...26 charms to a pack. That was over 10 yards of fabric in the charms alone! And lots of cutting...almost made me wish for an Accuquilt "Go Big".
The sad thing is it didn't make a dent in my Christmas fabrics, but I did eliminate lots of smaller pieces.

https://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/...incushion.html

The customer quilt has been delivered. Not wanting to make another one like that again! Lots of hours in a not so pretty finish, but it was her choice.

WI family will be here over Christmas...others stay home on the East coast with their little ones. It was so sweet when they called for our birthday. One of the 2 yo twins wanted to know what kind of party we were having...a dinosaur? a polar bear? I finally got the gist of what he was asking and as the Cyclones were playing basketball, I satisfied him with an ISU Cyclone party! My next project is for their other Grandpa...he needs a chemo quilt as he starts treatments soon--a 16 week course of them. I've got 6" tumbler blocks cut out and ready to sew with a minky backing for some soft cuddleness to keep him warm during treatments...hope to have it sent by the New Year.

I worked 4 days last week. The anniversary celebration was a success, but what a busy time. We had a good system worked out and every one was patient and kind. The shop is next door to a quilt retreat with soup and sandwiches served there. Needless to say we were whipped at the end of the 2 days, but fun to see all the folks who enjoy the shop stop in! I get a reprieve and work just 2 days this week.

Coffee's gone...time to get some everyday things done here. We have some heifers heading south to Texas and Oklahoma at the end of the week, and have a bit of paperwork to get ready for that.

Carrie...love the KT log cabin...that constant light fabric really emphasizes the design.
So fun to see the blast from the past blocks, too and how they have all fit together.
Bev, I love hearing about your machine adventures! You are developing a needed skill set as well.
Happy Mystery trail, QNS.
Later..G
Old 12-17-2019, 09:44 AM

OK - love your pin cushion pattern! You sure keep yourself busy with all the work you do. Makes me feel very lazy in comparison!
Old 12-17-2019, 01:12 PM

That's a cute pin cushion!
I'm feeling sick today. I didn't go to the guild meeting. I'm sad about that.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:26 PM

I hope you feel better real soon Bev!!! This is no time to get sick...
Old 12-18-2019, 07:30 AM

I'm better. My temp had dropped to 96.3 on Monday night. My temp was back to my normal yesterday morning but I was sluggish all the rest of the day. Today I feel so much better. DH's temp dropped yesterday evening. He's sluggish today. I'm just glad that this is short lived.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
And here are the two darlings with their mommies... left is Ivy and Audrey, and right is Millie and Quincy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620507[/ATTACH]
Bonnie those are the cutest little girls and so are the bigger girls. I had not seen your grand babies, but remember you talking about going to be a grandma.
Hadn't been on much in a while. Just lately been on a bit. I went through a hard year with my lupus, and diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I kept slowly working on my son's camper quilt, and it was rough just moving it around for me. Right at the end of it being done with just a few tiny things In July, I had a bad fall and broke my wrist. Been through a long recovery. I am back to normal, but my right hand never feels quite like it did. lol...I am getting old. I now have to be very careful about falling.

Hi to everyone else here too. Merry Christmas to all! Wishing everyone a healthy, happy, blessed new year.
Hugs,
Susan
Old 12-22-2019, 07:14 AM

I took two machines to Brownwood yesterday. It was a nice trip but I had to take it by myself. DH & I were gonna go & do our Christmas shopping but that morning my dog woke up feeling bad. She wouldn't even follow DH back upstairs. She is usually only 3 ft from him at all times. The Vet is closed on Sat so we couldn't take her in. DH was feeding her a li'le bit at a time some canned dog food as she didn't want to eat nor drink. Once I got home I started giving her a syringe full of water every 30 minutes. Eventually she started feeling much better & started eating & drinking on her own.
I went to bed at about 9:15 & slept till 7:30! That's a li'le bit over 10 hours!
The dog seems to be doing much better. Mike thinks she is having heart trouble & that is what started this "spell." She is getting up & walking around. She did eat a li'le bit of dry dog food also. We might have to put some canned food over the dry to get her to eat the rest. I'm thinking that she felt so bad that she didn't want to get up & do anything so she didn't eat nor drink. The not drinking made her dehydrated & that began a downward spiral. After several syringes full of water she was willing to eat some canned food but still wasn't drinking so through the evening we continued to take turns of giving her water & canned food. By the evening she was getting up to get the dog food & eventually drank some water on her own. This morning she is drinking by herself & ate some dry food. This morning she was also her normal perky self but she still didn't follow Mike back upstairs.
While I was in Brownwood I picked some Minkie throws & am gonna put initials on some of 'em for DGK's for Christmas. My embroidery machine is gonna get started this afternoon. Now the boys that live in Ft Worth I can't do initials as they both have the same initials. I'll actually have to do their names. Then I'll have to do that myself. Since they aren't coming I can finish those after Christmas if I don't get 'em done before. It's too late to mail 'em now anyway.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Nice to hear from you, Susan! So sorry it's been a hard year for you, health-wise. I hope everything is now under control and 2020 will be a better year for you.

Really sorry you broke your wrist, too! When it rains, it pours... right? I'm sure you are being a good girl and doing all your therapy exercises for it.

I have been posting pics here of the grand-girls from time to time. Don't want to bore anyone. Look at how big they are now... Almost not babies any longer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]621151[/ATTACH]

They were precious tiny babies and now are precious 'almost-toddlers'. I always have something to sew for them, or to knit. That's why my quilting has slowed down. Right now I am crocheting them toys, from the book Friends From Pichu Pau. Really enjoying that book! I will see the family tomorrow night, as we are going there for Christmas. One of my babies will be out of town, visiting her other grandparents, uncles and aunts... Hard to share them.

I hope you, Susan, and all of the Pony Club ladies will have a wonderful Christmas!
Attached Thumbnails img_0355.jpg