Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 04-27-2019, 04:02 PM

Hello, welcome back again, Carrie. I have my 1930s in the note binder ready to assemble together. Yes, I have the Bible Sampler too and have 6 almost 7 rows done on it, making it for my LA. I got side tracked by the Challenge to do a Burgoyne surround in red,white and blue for dh quilt of valor and mine in a Christmas quilt blocks, almost finished...on the last row on it.

Yes I would love to do the Bible Sampler with you. I am going by the 'suggested' way of putting it together.

And I like SBG suggestion if it is allowed thread.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome back.

I would love to do some sort of quilt along...even if it is more of a challenge for each of us to complete 2 blocks of Any kind in a week....most of the time this isn't an issue, but sometimes I am tempted to start new projects so this would make me work on UFOs at the same time!!

I really enjoyed our swaps. I am using my friendship star block quilt right now (we got more snow in Iowa today so the house got a little chilly)...this is the one where I said my favorite colors and picked a block and everyone made me a block. We did this for each other... I use the quilt where everyone sent me blocks to swap out/send back out in my husband's "man cave" when we watch movies often too! My block was an "Iowa block" w/corn and an Iowa Star. Oh and Bev, I finally got the wallhanging you made me hung up in my craft room...since I have steel walls for 2 of the 4 walls I got creative with Command Strips. It is the one on the right in the picture of the room below...

Gladie--I've spotted a couple of your minis in the pictures...I always thought it might be fun to make one of those but never tried...do you have patterns for them or just make them up each time?

Bev--praying for your family, especially your DFGD. We had termites at one of our houses, thankfully they were able to treat the basement and perimeter and not have to tent the house or anything. They came out yearly to check things out.

Sue--I fondly remember the boxes of goodies you sent....you have always been so generous. I came across the picture of when you came to Marion and we met at the quilt shop recently! Also a picture of our dear Esther when I got to meet her at a Kansas Troubles quilt retreat in Indiana many years ago.

Picking up my good friend Laura Monday morning at the airport and get to spend lots of time sewing the next 3 weeks!!!!
Attached Thumbnails dsc03521.jpg   pc-bb.jpg   img_2639.jpg   753b.jpg   cec-close-up.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-28-2019 at 02:24 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-28-2019, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post

And I like SBG suggestion if it is allowed thread.
Sue, I didn't mean to start a new thread. We already have this one and can use it to post our progress on finishing FW quilts we have started.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:14 AM

That brings back a lot of memories, Carrie! Three weeks gives me enough time to 'clean up' and get back to the Bible Sampler. If you like, to follow the 'suggested layout' and work on the first six or seven rows I will post my start on it. That will let me finish the top construction on the two BS, and you can have fun with your friend Laura for three weeks before we start together unless you would rather start sooner. I have not lost a pound since that picture was taken!

A lot going on here; made sauerkraut and canned ten quarts of it. Our potatoes and peas are planted. Cracks in the ground indicate a dry summer, so not planning a big garden this year. Will try to buy tomatoes and can juice.

Didn't get to go Shop Hopping in Iowa the last two years; had so much in my stash, I am trying to work it up slowly. Somewhere I have the Friendship top and the one we traded out for each other. Also have a floral Irish blocks started for an Irish Chain Quilt. (Every time I re-organize my sewing area, I loose something again!) LOL!
Old 04-28-2019, 06:39 AM

I really didn't do much on Friday morning. I did go out & looked at my stuff in my building. It will be ok to organize. In the afternoon DH & I went to the local meat market & bought ribs to smoke today. Gosh they were expensive! Then we planned where we are gonna move the berries to. My berry bushes are on the side of the house & I don't want the termite poison to get into my berries. We are gonna move 'em tomarrow. We bought DD's riding mower. We had to go get it. Parts are interchangeable between it & the one that I tore the deck up on. DH has already changed the seats out. I guess the "old" one is only gonna be used for the DGK's to ride around on & it can be a parts machine. I mowed 2 passes around my lots. The edges are only grass & the grass is very high. OK I went around some Purple Tipped grass. I also went around 2 flowers that were on the edges. I mowed the rest of the edges. Also when I walked w/DM at Walmart I bought some Marigolds on sale. I put most of 'em in w/the tomatoes & 1 I out in w/my Moonflower. The moth that produces a tomato worm doesn't like marigolds. I have had tomato worms attack my Moonflowers. It didn't kill the Moonflower but did damage it for a bit. I should have counted how many I bought as I have 5 that I don't know what to do with. I can't put 'em in my flowerbed as the rabbits like 'em too much.

Yesterday morning was also a slow morning. Hmmmmm, actually the day was a slow one. I de-boned another shirt & finished deboning that robe. 4 more shirts to de-bone. DM & I also walked & she bought some pots to re-pot her geraniums & her 1 Begonia.

I woke up qt 3:00 am! Grrrrr. That doesn't happen very often but when it does it sure messed w/me. I hemmed a dress that I wanted to wear to church today. I hate to hem by hand. I went back to bed at 5:30 & got up at 8:00. Well I talked to DD & she wants to go to visitation in Belton to see DFGD. We have to leave at 11:30 to get there in time. While her church is over by then the one that DM, Mike & I go to isn't over till after 12:00. (Usually 12:15) Anyway I'm not gonna go to church.

Carrie thanks for the picts. I had forgotten which small quilt I had sent ya. LOL I did like making that one. It is so good to see the swap quilts that you made. Neither of mine are finished. The first one I am still hand quilting. I only seem to work on it when traveling. However I have been working on my 2 EPP projects when traveling so the hand quilt is on hold. The other one is still not even a flimsy. Sigh. I know it is in one of the project bins but I don't know which one.

I'm not sure if I could join another BOM. I have 4 that are UFO's. (One of those 4 is PC) I will go & encourage ya'll though. I am gonna drag that PC out soon.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

Oh my..yes lots of memories! My blocks for both quilts are still in UFO land, and I just came across them together the other day.

My mini's are serendipitous, Carrie. They start off with small blocks and color choices are decided by the fabric
I have in my bins of self made "precuts". Often comment that "no yardage was harmed in the making of this quilt". Thanks for looking at them.

I have been sewing for Nebraska farm families hurt by the spring catastrophes. Was hoping for some decent weather to take pics outside of what I have done. I'm hoping to get the first box off via UPS tomorrow. I have a queen size, 3 youth, and 2 juvenile quilts to go. 2 of the youth are made from horse fabric sent by QNS years ago. The Grands have all used from the collection sent. In fact the 10 yo is making 4 pillowcases from the "stash". My current quilt is about 44 x 58 made from 2.5 rainbow strips found in a box sent by QNS. I added a couple other strips and alternated the strips with a 3.5 very light off white solid. From another friend I have 2 daisy backgrounded fabric with butterflies in them for a top and bottom border...appliqueing a butterfly on to the quilt now. Needs to be quilted yet, so must get to it if it's going out tomorrow! Haven't had my morning coffee either...time to do both!
Old 04-28-2019, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Very pretty quilts and sewing space looks great!
Old 04-28-2019, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Next weekend I'm going to a "Sew Day" where we will be making all the pillowcases we can, speaking of pillowcases.... These are going to a women's domestic abuse shelter which sees about 1000 clients a year. (Sad to think of that much abuse, isn't it?)

Today I'm working on the Pinwheel Fantasy quilt I'm making, from the Quilted Twins website. I have so many blue scraps and leftovers I hope to make a dent in.

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...el+Fantasy.pdf
Old 04-28-2019, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

SBG...looks like an ambitious project...the blocks not so much, but the pinwheels and sashings!!! Will look great.

So sad that many women affected. All the more reason to teach our sons and grandsons respect for young girls at an early age. Bless you for your project.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:19 PM

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy as usual!!

Sue--I am looking older now than I did and gained since that picture was taken...turned 40 last weekend. I've been going to Weight Watchers and working to get my weight down again...eating healthier (and less) and exercising more! Down about 40lbs and 20 to go...feeling much better!!

Bev--How was your visit today? I am sure hard for all...

Gladie--I hope it works out that you can get a few pictures before you send off all those great quilts. You are so very thoughtful.

SBG--I really like the pattern you shared. I could probably make that with all my green scraps. I am going to print it out and save for a "some day" quilt. That picture is of my "paper crafting" side of my craft room...here are some pictures I posted of my sewing side the other day...just missing the wall with my display board and cutting "island" my husband made for me. (page 10 on this post, not sure if it will take you there with the link). The framed "quilt blocks" on the orange wall are actually plates! What are we organizing today 2019
Attached Thumbnails img_3442.jpg  

Last edited by carriem; 04-28-2019 at 12:21 PM.