Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 03-20-2018, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

givio and all thanks for your kind words...All the time I made those blocks, I never thought of the sister's choice block...one I have done before! These are made from 2" squares and strips so takes a bit longer than a 2 1/2" block, but that 1/2" does make a difference in how it looks! Bonnie says to uses rectangles for the side trapezoids and squares in a corner, but I'm tired of waste triangles so cut template for that piece and used waste triangles to square off the rectangle. Used less fabric for the template pieces, too so I could get by with a shorter piece of scrap. Does this make sense? Gotta go and get to work....
Old 03-20-2018, 07:49 AM

OK, you are so clever to use waste triangles to square off the rectangle. Love your SISTER"S CHOICE quilt. Now that you have a LA, you will be able to get your quilts done in record time.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:04 PM

Love the job you have done on your quilts, OK. ..and learning the LA so well.

Givio, lovey job on the rugs.

You know you are getting old when DD calls to wish us a Happy Anniversary of 53 years yesterday. DH cousin and wife were down and we had a great day playing cards and eating lunch together. Visiting the doctor helped so my world does not spin so fast when I lay down or lend over...and breathing better. March always is a sinus month; some worst than others.

Organizing quilt room again after three trips to the Sampler that is going out of business. Last trip, everything was 75% off. Beautiful fabric, hard to resist... I have enough fabric for the next 30 years now. It is hard to choose what project comes next or what UFO comes next now.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:59 PM

QNS, Many more happy years to you both! Congratulations!
Wow, 75% off!!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:03 PM

QNS - Wow - what great savings on that fabric.

I finished my On Ringo Lake Quilt. I was going to add another border, but decided it was big enough as it is. I'll get a photo soon.

I am ready to quilt the last border on last years En Provence and decided I needed a different thread for it. I got a Purple Rainbow thread ordered from Superior Threads, and another of their cotton bobbins. I could not believe it, but I used all of my first set of bobbins sewing On Ringo Lake!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:12 AM

DM has been here to do business for her house. We meet the inspector at the house at 11:30 today. I will either take her back to Midland, after that meeting or tomarrow after I take the Sequoia to the shop to get fixed. That is the appointment we have.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Happy Anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. QNS!
Old 03-26-2018, 08:34 AM

Thanks. I just cannot believe its been 53 years! Wow. Where did the fly time so fast????
Old 03-27-2018, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

Happy Anniversary to you both QNS. May the Lord bless you both with many more.
Playing cards sounds like fun. I like getting together with others to play some game and have a snack or lunch. We use to regularly go over to my son and daughter in laws house to play scrabble and then another game, but now they are both too busy, because they are both working and on off time my son is always working on something in his work shop.

I have a great neice who is 18 and has cyctic fibrosis, and she completed a 5K the other day and got a medal. Bless her heart, she told me it didn't go well though, because it started raining, and she was sick to begin with, but had already paid her fee, and didn't want to lose that. (Oh My!) She said when she finished she couldn't feel her body. She said now she is sore all over and has to take small steps. She said, usually she can do it easily. That shocked me, but her dad is a runner so it probably is good for her if she wants too as long as she takes care of herself.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:51 AM

Spring Clean-up time. Thinning out my older fabrics and reorganizing What I want to keep or what will go into scrappy quilts. Have upset two closets and thinking of targeting the linen closet in my bathroom. Sun is shinning and Easter is on its way..."Here comes Peter Cottontail, .....coming down the bunny trail...." Song we sang as kids is ringing in my ears.

Everyone have a Happy Easter Day and fun with the kids in Easter egg hunts!