Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-03-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Have fun with your family, Bev. I take it you are not a hunter... I'd rather sew in the hotel room too-- or sightsee!
I am a dove hunter. But there is usually some down time in the hotel room that DH watches TV & I always like to sew. Sometime there is a lotta down time & sometime there is very little. I like to be prepared for a lotta down time just in case. This time I only got 3 blocks sewn & all the chevrons from the BH mystery into pairs. They are gonna make a neat border since I didn't use 'em in the sashing.
We had a great trip even though the dove didn't fly very well. We got some errands ran on Sat morning. We acted like we were hunting on Sat evening. Sunday afternoon we had dinner at #2DSis's house. We bought some clay pigeons (they look nothing like pigeons) & practiced before we hunted that evening.
We went to the Midland storage unit this morning. I had 4 room dividers & DD was talking about buying some. SHe was pleased to get these. We also got some pictures that DD wanted. I also found 2 pin & inks that DMIL had commissioned for DFIL. They are old timey, UnoCal gas stations with "Bigby's"on the sign. I thought they were in the storage unit here in Brady. I have been looking for 'em off & on for 6 months. Now I know there was a reason that they weren't there. LOL We were already packed up so as soon as we closed up the unit we headed home.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
dublb, it will be a treat for you to do a little sewing after all that painting. :-)
The whole trip was a relief. I had a great time! The li'le sewing I got done was wonderful!
Old 09-04-2018, 01:04 PM

So glad you had a good trip, Dublb, My dh has hunted doves and has shot clay pigeons with his Dad on our homestead. Surprised you don't have a Wagner Sprayer to apply the paint with so many areas to do, Dublb. We used on on our CC, Tx., home. Thirteen years here and no painting. We love that.

SBG., what an adorable sweater for your grandchild! We did not care what gender the grandchild was, it was exciting news and even better when he arrived. Does not seem possible that he was ten this last May. They grow up all too soon.

AS senior citizens retired, we get to meet a lot of Doctors. I think five of them since the 1st of the month. Found out what was wrong with our hearing and what was wrong with my right ear, but nothing can improve the situation so life will go on. Some female trouble had me greeting more, some testing done, and no word yet or verdict on what is wrong or not. We went out our gate this morning and someone had knocked our mail box down on the ground; some one laid it against the post, so at least, no one ran over it. DH had to buy two belts for his Cub Cadet and worked for two hours without getting it to run. ;Rain is predicted for tonight and tomorrow night with flash flooding in Iowa. Too late to save the corn here, everyone seems to be chopping corn as quickly as they can. Our computer/telephone line installers just cut into a 6" water pipe, so yesterday's dishes cannot be washed.....yet. Hope I have cheered up a few people that can say, gee, I have had a good day after all! Thank goodness, with time, these problems will go away into yesterdays and not happen in the future.

Then there is that 6" finished block called "fishes" that I have been working on for ?two weeks?? Multiple Y seams. Now I am paper piecing it and still get confused on where those ##&! go. I will win one way or another. File 13 is looking like its a better bet. LOL!
Old 09-04-2018, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Gee, sorry for so many troubles, QNS. Maybe you are just getting them all out of the way so you can have some blessed weeks and months! I hope so.

We don't care what gender the grandbabies are, either. My DD said she would put that sweater on either a boy or a girl. The one I am going to make for my other grandbaby will also work for a boy or girl... it's ash gray and cream. They were told they couldn't tell genders until about 16 weeks... so that's still a way's off.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:52 PM

I am sewing today. DD stayed in Midland so her kids could go to see a Warsaw survivor speak at #2DSis's church tonight. DSonIL told DD that was part of why they homeschool, so that they could change their plans for important things like this. #2DSis did call the church to see if there was gonna be any talk about sexual abuse before DD agreed to take her 11 & 12 yro kids. They have heard some violence but don't need to hear the sexual descriptions yet. Anyway all the painting I have done today is DM's shelves. I got 3 coats on the bottom of 'em. They will be ready to install tomarrow or the next day.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:36 PM

Has anyone looked up Jennifer Bowker's shimming triangle quilt pattern on Crafty? I bought and downloaded it today, but it will be a challenge, the fabric will make it or break it. Or that is my thoughts on it. Interested on your take on it. Yep, I am a bit crazy to try it. I would rather try it and fail as to not try it all at.

Cutest cartoon on face book today was a picture of northern Iowa flooded with two cats under an umbrella, saying "Don't worry, I called Noah and he is picking us up in 10 minutes." Or a church sign that read: "Due to recent rains, we have ordered our Ark, 'cause we Noah a guy." Laughter is good medicine.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

I had to look up the shimmering triangles pattern, QNS. Wow, that’s a beauty! I love it with the Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

Cute jokes, too!
Old 09-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

I too had to look up the JB' Shimmering triangles. Yes QNS colors make or break it. KFasset colors are a yes. I'm thinking you need to use "electric" shades...not just bright ones!

Thanks for the laughs...water over the road at DS' & DDIL's yet again this morning. The ground is so saturated. And we aren't as bad as folks in central Wisconisn. Heard they were assessing road damage from last week, and had to call a halt because of more rain. Hope they don't get too much from Gordon. Bonnie is it affecting you folks?

Chopping corn in a couple of weeks is going to be a challenge if this keeps up. Many farmers have 3rd cutting hay to put up as well. A 4th crop looks promising if you got the 3rd crop up.

A full day today starting with a mammogram at 9:00, funeral dinner at 11:00, banking after that. Then a nap! Going to go sew now. I think I've earned it, almost as much as Dublb has!
Old 09-05-2018, 05:33 PM

I put 'Jennifer Bowker's shimming triangle quilt pattern on Crafty' in Google and the 5th item in their search list was QNS's post. lol It was funny to make a Google search and read "QuiltingNinaSue"! That's a dizzy crazy pattern! lol I think it would be effective done in various sorts of fabrics-- some of the pictures show the pattern made with fabrics that are not bright, and they look nice too.

Did you see in the news the flash flood that took an 11-year-old boy from a culvert into the city sewer system? A rescuer saw the boys fingers poking through a manhole cover in the street, then he was saved. We had some rain here, but not near that much-- and had sun too, with a rainbow today. I saw a rainbow 3 times in the last week.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:36 AM

First DM's shelves are ready to be installed. I don't know if DH is feeling up to installing 'em today. He really felt bad yesterday. I think he was running a fever.
I am going to the Sew & Share today. I will leave at noon. I am also gonna take a Lone Star class tomarrow & Sat. (Like I need another UFO. LOL) I spent most of yesterday gathering fabrics for this class. Most of 'em had already been washed but they needed to be starched & pressed. For the background, I have a bolt of black so I cut 2 yards off of it, washed & pressed it. I am still short 1 fabric so I guess at the Sew & Share today, I will choose another fabric. I will get the pre-cutting done while there also.