Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-25-2018, 05:49 PM

QNS, What a treat to hear about the quilt you made so long ago! Look how long you've been quilting! And it's nice to hear of a couple still together for their 20th Anniversary. It's not so common these days...
Old 09-27-2018, 04:02 PM

Givio, I could say they are following our example! I found his first job for him with the Surpass Computer people who put one of the first systems in my library. Of course, with his knowledge he moved on less than a year later and went on from there. He 'looked after us' after our son went to Houston to college, so it was like an adopted son for a while... and he continues to amaze us.

My Birthday started by giving up blood for my Dr to see what and how I am doing, so I had to fast until almost ten am before we ordered our breakfast. Their Steak skillet meal was 'Delicious' to the last bite. Hometown Hy-Vee has gone crazy utting in a gas station that hardly leaves any parking area at all....one driveway is closed and the other is single lane in two different places And inside upheaval is worse. Discontinuing items by the hundreds that I have used in the past and moving everything around until you cannot find a thing. Hometown took too long to get the basic things, we we were until noon leaving town to go home. flip to our other car to get it to town for inspection and licensing and dump off 7 boxes of books for the library. Home again, very tired. So I cooked my own steak dinner and enjoyed every bit. Tomorrow is another day and I feel 10 years older tonight. Time to quilt tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, QNS!! Hope it was a good day other than the blood test!
Old 09-27-2018, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday Nina Sue! Hope test results all come back good.

Oh I know how you feel about the upheaval of "revamping". Local big box store is doing the same and it takes forever to find anything. I don't shop there often, but what a mess. Noticed aisles are closer together...harder to get the cart through the passages.

My accomplishment for yesterday[ATTACH=CONFIG]601796[/ATTACH]. Today did some computer work for guild, then worked on blocks for a basket quilt...12 baskets done, and working on 6 other alternating blocks. Have setting triangle blocks to figure out as they are pieced like the alternating blocks. Quilt is set on point.

Have to get some bookwork done to put in tomorrow's mail before I go to work.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0613-2-.jpg  
Old 09-28-2018, 05:59 AM

The whole day yesterday went from bad to worse; no less than six pre-authorization charges at bank for two fill ups at local gas station. DH noted as we drove out of town the gas gauge is 'empty' after he thought he filled it, so returning to station, we 're-filled' it. Receipt he ask for inside, was not the right one, the first time.. We did fill up the second car for the month so it will take until Monday for everything to clear and see what was charged. The older car has to have repair work on the signal mechanism $$$ worth. If anyone can fix it a reasonable price, this guy can, so we trust him. He has always done a great job for us and treated us right.

So its book work today to try and straighten the account to go the rest of the month. Not going to hometown Pancake Day for free pancakes tomorrow. They have discontinued allowing horses in the parade and its not like we used to have many years ago, when we rode in the parade of twenty to thirty horses...my riding mare had the Saddle bred look and I even carried a flag a time or two. Memories, good times back then with the Saddle Club group.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:03 AM

Yesterday I helped DM to plant some Irises. then There were some thorny vines covering her dwarf Holly bush so I dug those out. I think I left some of the roots & will have to deal w/'em again but now the Holly is visible. Before that I wept. Now I didn't just sweep, I moved everything & even swept the walls ceilings & corners in the den.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

No horses in a parade? Awww... that’s a shame. Sorry you had such a trying day today, QNS.

And Bev, you just plain work too hard! I suspect you just like to, tho.

Today I taught my usual yoga class and then went to visit my friend and “charity quilting” mentor. She just turned 90 and moved into assisted living not long ago. She’s an inspiration! Former pastor’s wife for over 40 years, and she’s still sharp as a tack. I loved our visit! She has made her bedroom in the assisted living apt. into a sewing studio and she sleeps on a daybed in the sitting room. Priorities, right? She loves making scrappy quilts (like me) so I brought her a box of scraps.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:40 AM
Power Poster

Oh yes, your friend has her priorities straight! That's how I'd like to age, too. We should all be so lucky!
Old 09-29-2018, 08:22 AM

Dublb, that is a lot of work. You need to relax and enjoy the fall weather. I let my dh use the brooms and vacuum work in our home.

Finished two more blocks in BS yesterday and have another cut out. Time to Quilt. Hope I can still quilt in my 90s, that sounds like a lovely friend, SBG.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:02 AM

DGD spent the night on Sat night. She is such a sweetheart. We played cards late into the night. GO Fish mostly. She likes Old Maid but it isn't good for just 2. We will have to do that again when both DGK's are here. (DH doesn't like to play cards.)
Then last night was an anniversary of sorts. DH & I met 40 years ago last night. So he grilled some Salmon for me & baked some Stuffed Crab for himself. (Boy were we babies back then!)