Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 11-03-2017, 01:25 PM

OH Sue, It is so sad that your LQS is closing.
DGSon was supposed to spend the night last night but he got sick. They were also supposed to go to Houston this-evening but that didn't happen either. DD started running a fever also last night.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:24 AM

Sorry to hear your children got sick, Dublb. May they be better now.

Yes, OK, I am glad I can see and help DH out with the driving. I am just very nervous about it, with all that horse power going down the road, and even get sick and dizzy which I have never done before.

A good start on the Bible Sampler...have printed off all the 'blocks', diagrams they are called in this book. Have half of all the pp and templates run. Putting together the pp and templates for the first row of the quilt, out of 16 rows. Almost have all the hour glass blocks done. Noted on one, it said to make four more copies of the 1st pp pattern, so just did that.

Take care everyone. I am looking forward to a small road trip Monday to check in with the LQS having the sale with Quilter 65 driving me. Who knows what goodies we *might* find!
Old 11-05-2017, 08:28 PM

Well, I stopped getting notifications for this thread, so had to log in an see what I had missed. Maybe because I last logged in on the laptop while in Phoenix. Hopefully I will get the notifications now that I am on my home computer.

Pulled all the fabrics that I had in the colors for the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery. Other than a Train Ride Mystery a few months ago, this is the first "new" project I have started this year. I have been working on my many UFO's.

I took my small "travel" Brother into the shop for repair. It froze up because I had it stored in the RV and it got too hot in there. Lesson learned - I'll keep it in the house except when on the road. I am taking my other two in for cleaning, and adjusting in the next couple of weeks. Want them all in good working order - been a while. They don't require much attention other than oiling - which I do, but I want them cleaned out and greased etc.

I am putting sashings on my FWS 30's quilt. I'll be glad to have that as a flimsy (to add to my others that need quilting). Our new quilt store has a long arm that she is giving lessons on - and I am going to take them so I can rent time and get all these UFO's completed! I am not fond of all over quilting, but need to finish some of these older flimsys.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

Jeanie..it sounds like you've got some great plans ahead of you..bummer about the travel machine...here we worry about the cold and how it could harm a machine!
Are you following the BH color guidelines? From what I see it's going to be a pretty quilt.
Yesterday I pulled out another UFO...HST blocks to make a strippy quilt. I started it about 10 years ago..yikes..Need to make 3 more blocks, cut setting triangles and setting strips. It's next on my list to complete! Work is calling...
Old 11-06-2017, 07:48 AM

QNS I am so excited to see your Bible Sampler blocks. Your getting there one step at a time.
Jeanie I am sorry that your machine broke down. You will have it back in no time. I am looking forward to seeing your 30's sampler as a flimsy. I started following along & watching ya'll, when ya started that one but I quit getting notifications for everything on the QB including those threads. I was just glad to find my way back here to the PC.
OK, ya now have me curious on how ya can make a strippy quilt w/HSTs. I am sure I am all mixed up.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Jeanie..it sounds like you've got some great plans ahead of you..bummer about the travel machine...here we worry about the cold and how it could harm a machine!
Are you following the BH color guidelines? From what I see it's going to be a pretty quilt.
Yesterday I pulled out another UFO...HST blocks to make a strippy quilt. I started it about 10 years ago..yikes..Need to make 3 more blocks, cut setting triangles and setting strips. It's next on my list to complete! Work is calling...
I am using Bonnie Hunter's colors: Aqua to Turquoise, Chocolate Brown, Melon to Coral, plus White to Cream to Beige Neutrals. She considers a neutral as anything lighter than a paper bag! I am hesitant to change her colors, as being a mystery I have seen some people that changed the colors and they turned out awful. Of course, some also turn out wonderful. LOL I am afraid to make the change, I'll just stick with her colors.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

I'm planning to do the BH mystery, but just a small quilt I can donate. I'm not a fan of turquoise with coral, so I will be changing the colors for mine. Wish I had done that last year because I'm not a purple person. But I chickened out and then ended up hating the finished quilt. I sold it on Etsy!

QNS, hope you will have some pictures soon of your Bible blocks. Don't know when I will get back to my Pony club blocks... but eventually, I will. Just have so many other things that have to come first, with the holidays coming.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:45 PM

I used my last couple of Saturdays to make a rag rug with cotton strips. I used a shower curtain, and sheets from Goodwill, also 8 WOF strips from yardage (the blue). I have more than half left of the sheets, and hope to make some darker rugs with them. This one had too much white (it was the shower curtain). I made it for by the bed. It's 22" x 30" and quite solid and sturdy feeling. I hope it's small enough to wash at home. My washer is sometimes finicky about spinning heavy loads.
Attached Thumbnails rag-rug.jpg  
Old 11-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Well done, givio! Helps take the chill off the floors now that it has gotten colder! My sister has crocheted rugs for me.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:49 PM

That is just wonderful Givio! My hands will not allow me to do much "hand" work - arthritis! Would have loved to make these in my "younger" days!