Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 11-29-2016, 08:08 PM

SBG - I cut and pasted the basics that I used into a Word document, then printed it out for my file. We did this challenge over a length of time. But your correct, all of the different methods she tried and reported on would have made a good tutorial.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Power Poster

I have a QAYG in my UFO pile...imagine that?

Nice 4P's, SBG...Thanks for sharing...

I'm bummed...was on the computer last night and can't post from there again...

I have been sewing T shirt quilts at work for a customer...boss lady gets them stabilized with interfacing and squared off...20 to a quilt set in a 4 x 5 setting sashed with 2 1/2" cuts. Yesterday I cut and sewed binding for all 3 as well as cut 2 1/2" strips. Then started sewing first quilt...got it done today. Then started 2nd one...got the vertical sashing on the 5 rows. Co worker will sew on it tomorrow and probably start the last one...Tag teaming at its best..

Sure glad I will be home tomorrow...have caught a cold...coughing and aches now tonight. Vicks on my chest and feet...beef stew simmering on the stove...how come no one makes me soup when I don't feel good?
Old 11-29-2016, 08:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
SBG - I cut and pasted the basics that I used into a Word document, then printed it out for my file. We did this challenge over a length of time. But your correct, all of the different methods she tried and reported on would have made a good tutorial.
Aha! I suspected she used different methods! I saw the regular method in the early part of the thread, then skipped to the end and she had a quilt with no sashing. I would have loved to see that method, but I'm not going to read the whole thread to find it.

The only way I've seen to have no sashing is to quilt the blocks without the backing on, then sew them together, batting in seams and all, then put a backing on the whole thing. Looks interesting but I'm not sure I'd like a back without much quilting on it.

Gladie, I swear by greens (turnip greens) to cure a cold. It always works for me. As soon as I feel one coming on I start eating greens cooked in chicken broth. All those good B vitamins really boost your immunities so your body can overcome a cold. It usually goes away fast. Give it a try. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:39 PM
Power Poster

LOL...Bonnie I don't think turnip greens can be found at my local produce section, not a part of rural Midwestern cuisine...I boiled some carrots, onion, barley, and celery...added some beef broth, tomato juice, and a quart of my canned beef...it sure tastes good...oh I have some frozen kale I can crumble up easily and add too...time to call it a night...
Old 11-30-2016, 06:01 AM

Yes, JuneBillie, the Tennessee fires are serious and so much damage done, it is so sad. I watched too much news yesterday and it made me very sad indeed. But then I got good news that the trellis quilt was done at the LA quilter that I have been using, and her husband delivered it last night.

Now I have two quilts to bind, DS quilt first, of course. I also printed off all pages of Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt info; not sure I have the time, but will follow along on the instructions....love her patterns. I have so much purple in my stash...no trips for more fabric necessary at all. That is a good thing. Need to ship a couple of quilts to their home to be places; feels good to finish some quilts. Hurrah!

JeanieG, I loved your pictures of the family together at Thanksgiving. Everyone looked like they were enjoying themselves so much! It brought smiles to my face and mind to see you'all enjoying yourselves. Also have enjoyed your other posts.

SBG, you must really make your sewing machine hum right along. So amazing you get so much done...love your progress on Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt. Maybe, just maybe, I will quilt some blocks myself...someday.

Colder weather coming in the rest of this week...more good sewing time!
Old 11-30-2016, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

Oh, I love me some greens! They are available frozen, too... Any dark green leafy veggie will be full of those immunity boosting B vitamins.

Your soup sounds good!
Old 11-30-2016, 12:07 PM

So happy that the lilac trellis quilt for DS has been beautifully quilted by Ann Wheeler. The size is 98 by 112 inches. Now it's time for the binding. [ATTACH=CONFIG]562966[/ATTACH]But its dealing with black on black and hard to see, so its going so slow. [ATTACH=CONFIG]562967[/ATTACH] The backing. [ATTACH=CONFIG]562968[/ATTACH]Tried to show the La Quilting stitches.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0733.jpg   dscn0738.jpg   dscn0735.jpg  
Old 11-30-2016, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

It's one step closer to being a finished project, QNS. You can always switch to a green or purple binding if you can't see black on black....
Old 11-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

That quilt is really pretty NinaSue. I can see the quilting too.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
SBG, you must really make your sewing machine hum right along. So amazing you get so much done...love your progress on Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt. Maybe, just maybe, I will quilt some blocks myself...someday.
QNS, you might love the Quilt As You Go method. I had so much fun with it. You get to quilt each block by itself (totally manageable) and then join them with an easy sashing method. I can't wait to do another one that way. Quilting on that small scale was so much fun.

Yes, my sewing machine fairly hums... when I stay off the computer!