Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-12-2016, 09:00 AM

Good morning quilting friends. I am finally able to do things after the eye surgery and house revamp. I have my studio in order and the first thing I am working on is the hassock that I have posted here.

I am not deserting the blocks, just taking a break from them and will start when the mood strikes. I had a couple friends come over a couple months and they just had to have a block from my pile lol....they were happy and I was happy to see them so happy. What are friends for anyway?
Old 09-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Hi Rosy,
I saw your post on the old thread. We quit using that thread because it quit working... and now it seems to be fixed! Ha.

Glad you are going to be working through some more blocks. I'll be looking for them. A few of us are still going to be finishing up and putting our quilts together. Glad you are back!
Old 09-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

Good afternoon on this Monday everyone.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:02 PM

Oh, my it's a lot of squares in the quilt pattern, SBG! Thanks for the picture-- now I can imagine what you are working on. My men's shirts seem to be lots of dark plaids. I'm not planning on using much in the way of stripes. I've got some oxford shirts in plain white and light blue.

I couldn't get the old thread to open. It didn't work for me to read the new posts there.

QNS, don't you hate it when that happens? Just the touch on the keyboard and POOF! a half hour of your time can go in an instant! That never happened when I wrote letters with a pen on paper...

Last edited by givio; 09-12-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Oh, my it's a lot of squares in the quilt pattern, SBG! Thanks for the picture-- now I can imagine what you are working on.
You're not kidding! I have just finished making and cutting all the strip sets for the 9 patches, now have to sew the three little rows together and make 200 tiny 9 patch blocks! And 100 little rail fence blocks! Then I will have the little hour glass blocks to go... only 100 of those, too. Really loving this quilt, tho. I love my plaids. I'm keeping this one for myself. Nobody appreciates my shirt quilts as much as me!

These piles will be 9 patch units:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558122[/ATTACH]

Rows and squares will finish at 1"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558123[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02799-small-.jpg   dsc02800-small-.jpg  
Old 09-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

That's going to be a lovely quilt SBG...Love the sails.....

Thanks for the cuppa this morning, QNS...I dashed out of the house without the real stuff.

Had quilt guild last night...all are looking forward to the new year...good to see old faces and meet new ones..we are doing a mystery quilt with 2 blocks a month in 12 and / or 6" sizes...think I know what background fabric I'm going to use...the idea is to use up stash and scraps....going to start digging tonight...
Old 09-13-2016, 03:54 PM

Hold on, OK I think I will be shipping your scraps tomorrow if dh feels like driving' if not I will cmae a neighbor to take me to town.

Hope you all are doing well. We had a surprise this morning of a cousin coming by to visit that I only have seen a half dozen times in my life. So pleased that she stopped by with her friends, dh reminded me about an hour late that it was lunch time, so we three women got it on the table. And the men ate and enjoyed themselves. It was a great surprise and we hope they stop by again.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:55 PM

SBG, what is the finished size (without border)?
Old 09-13-2016, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post

Had quilt guild last night...all are looking forward to the new year...good to see old faces and meet new ones..we are doing a mystery quilt with 2 blocks a month in 12 and / or 6" sizes...think I know what background fabric I'm going to use...the idea is to use up stash and scraps....going to start digging tonight...
That sounds like a blast!

QNS, your cows... LOL!

Here's an update on my work today on the shirt quilt:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558210[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558211[/ATTACH]

Givio, the quilt has about 7" of borders and the size given is 77" square, so with the borders I guess it would be about 70" square. I only just realized it was a square quilt... harumph! I may have to do a couple of extra rows then, as I don't like square quilts (except for babies).
Attached Thumbnails dsc02801-small-.jpg   dsc02802-small-.jpg  
Old 09-14-2016, 08:09 AM

Sewbiz, 3.5" centers, 9 patch of 1.5" squares, strip set of 1.5" x 3.5" ?