Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-06-2016, 09:05 PM

I am actually excited about her having it. She has been so limited for quite a while & I believe this will give her her life back.
Right now she is so confused from the anesthesia. It does look like tonight will be so much better'n last night as she is asleep already. She kept my DS hopping all night last night.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Power Poster

I hope this does greatly help your mother.
I am having lots of colon issues, and oh brother I dread going down that road. I hate those type tests they do. I have had lots of them done years ago, so I know what they are like.

I pray all stay safe in the line of this storm.

I wish we would just get a bit of rain from it too. We are in a drought.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:01 AM

Dublb, I wish the best recovery for your Mother. And all the others with health issues. My DH complains all the time, will probably live to be a hundred or so.

Hounche, hope you are safe..

Sun is shining here. Feeling sorry for those without power in Florida...when you are used to all the conveniences of the modern world, its are to go back to basics, the young people have never had to experience before in their lives.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Just heard that Olivia De Haviland is 100! Miz Melly from Gone With the Wind... still alive.

We are having beautiful weather today. Could sure use a bit of rain, but nothing seems to be coming west of the hurricane.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

QBuddy and I just came back from a small quilt show. No and Kelli from Jo's Country Junction gave a trunk show from their book Country Girl Modern and other publications...nicely done...now to get some work done. MrOK and I were gone all day Thursday so another lost day. Take care
Old 10-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
QBuddy and I just came back from a small quilt show. No and Kelli from Jo's Country Junction gave a trunk show from their book Country Girl Modern and other publications...nicely done...now to get some work done. MrOK and I were gone all day Thursday so another lost day. Take care
Lol, OK... a day not spent sewing is a "lost day". Ha. I think that way, too.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

I'm playing with these today... proquiltinating.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559917[/ATTACH]

I've had that yellow batik piece for years and finally found a use for it!
Attached Thumbnails dsc02888-small-.jpg  
Old 10-08-2016, 03:46 PM

HI Everyone, We lost electric 2 hours ago and it just came back on....The wind gusts are quite high and the trees are all swaying. the win is now coming around the opposite way and pushing the water back where it came from....the sound of the wind is quite loud..very scary...I'm praying we don't get one of the tornadoes they're talking about..I'm afraid to turn on the sewing machine.it's computerized and don't want to have a problem with the electronics..I'm going to wrap rope to keep busy and maybe just pin some 5" squares together for future DNP..Easy enough to do even by candlelight..didn't think to get the Led lamps..Have a bunch of them up north from Sandy..
Just nuked some pasta from the freezer..time to eat while the lights are still on..Later, H.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:01 PM

SBG, Nice pattern! You so sweetly post pictures for us.

I was browsing the October Quilting Bee, and noticed "just a couple of weeks ago we learned my sister in law was murdered in her own home," so I am counting my blessings. I hope everyone not well is on the mend, and everyone's family is safe and healthy too. Such weather we've had in the US this summer and fall!

I've been steadily progressing on the border for my Hunter's Star (from Jane's swap last month). Except I have a whole row to seam rip because I sewed it upside down from what I intended. Bah! I bought a walking foot 50% off at JoAnn's today and hope it will encourage me to quilt it myself. I want to stop sending every quilt top out to be done on a long arm machine...
Old 10-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Lol, OK... a day not spent sewing is a "lost day". Ha. I think that way, too.
I'm making up for "lost" time by attempting to quilt a full size quilt...started with some straight line quilting to anchor the quilt...have done some stippling, pebbles and a couple of other styles....this is a practice quilt for everyday use. I glued the layers with Elmer's first....don't think I have any tucks...afraid to look...I don't have a lot of $ to spend on LAing either givio.

Nice use of the yellow batik, sewbizgirl...

Stay safe, Honchey...DSis in Raleigh reports lots of rain.

Last edited by oksewglad; 10-08-2016 at 08:23 PM.