Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-09-2016, 12:29 PM

We lost our electric last evening around 8:30 and it just came back on now which is 4 o'clock PM.. 18 hours without it..What did our ancestors do without it..We are so spoiled..Didn't sleep much last night..our phones kept letting us know there was an alert and if you didn't hit ok the damn phone kept on blinking...made coffee the old fashioned way with a pot on the grill..How come the coffee drips in a stream with the electric pot but when you have to use a strainer and filter it takes forever and stops dead..I had to use a hanky and even then it was muddy..Thank God for all the conveniences..I am definitely getting a camper/propane tabletop stove and an old fashioned percolater coffee pot for here in NC..I have propane for cooking in NJ and a coffee press to make coffee when the electric goes out..

I spent time wrapping rope for coasters..I don't like to waste fabric.. I will also cut a 3/4 " strip from new fabric for this..They are so pretty with all the different colors..
I am a happy camper right now..I'm reclining in my chair, on the net enjoying a glass of Moscato...I was stuck in this position yesterday minus the wine, when the electric went out..my recliner is electric and I have short legs and both DH & I almost toppled over in trying to get out of the chair.. straddling the foot part was not a good idea for me..

It's so beautiful right now..70 * clear, dry and bright with the sun shining..it's hard to imagine the devastation between yesterday and today..Trees are down , one car was crushed when a tree fell on it..some roads outside the community are still flooded and blocked with the downed trees..I am so glad we had the sick tree in our yard taken down this past summer.

We had reservations in Fayetteville that somehow got canceled before we even knew about it because of a glitch & overbooking..The roads there are impassable with trees & flooding..The Man upstairs was indeed listening..

Oh no!!! With the electric back on means I have to COOK tonite... ha ha,,Hamburgers on the grill & salad..real easy!!
You guys have no idea how happy I am right now..We are also staying an extra week..I want to enjoy the beautiful weather they say we will be having..

Have a good day all...H.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

Celtic Solstice is beautiful, Jeanie! I also like Roll Roll Cotton Boll and Easy Street. I hope her mystery this year is less labor intensive than Allietare.

My one and only QAYG was my recent Row by Row quilt. Quilted each row separately. I was happy enough with it.

My, 18 hours without power is a bummer. I hope it wasn't too hot.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:12 PM

Glad you are safe and sound Anne! Sounds like you guys had an "adventure"! Hope everything gets back into shape real soon.

Thanks for the compliment SBG! I'm looking forward to Bonnie Hunter's Mystery for this year!
Old 10-10-2016, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Just heard that Olivia De Haviland is 100! Miz Melly from Gone With the Wind... still alive.

We are having beautiful weather today. Could sure use a bit of rain, but nothing seems to be coming west of the hurricane.
I just seen that sewbizgirl about her age. I love
watching 'Gone With the Wind.'
Old 10-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
SBG, Nice pattern! You so sweetly post pictures for us.

I was browsing the October Quilting Bee, and noticed "just a couple of weeks ago we learned my sister in law was murdered in her own home," so I am counting my blessings. I hope everyone not well is on the mend, and everyone's family is safe and healthy too. Such weather we've had in the US this summer and fall!

I've been steadily progressing on the border for my Hunter's Star (from Jane's swap last month). Except I have a whole row to seam rip because I sewed it upside down from what I intended. Bah! I bought a walking foot 50% off at JoAnn's today and hope it will encourage me to quilt it myself. I want to stop sending every quilt top out to be done on a long arm machine...

Oh my goodness givio. I have been back reading some, and seen
where your sister in law was murdered. I am so sorry to hear this. Life can be so unexpected.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

QNS I hope your wellness check comes out finding you healthy.

Sewbizgirl your proquiltinating is so pretty. Is that what it is called. I don't know a lot of these things like you smart girls. lol...

Honchey I am glad all is well now. We have the camper type coffee pot etc. It sure smells good when it's percolating, but being spoiled too, I am always glad when we get power on. We have power go off from storms a lot or even car accidents if they hit a pole or something. In the winter a big snow will always bring down trees that knocks out power lines, so we keep those things around. I have never been in an hurricane though. My dad use to tell me about them when he lived a while as a boy next to the ocean in Virginia.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:52 AM

We were supposed to be leaving this Wednesday and now we find out that the roads we travel including 95 are closed so we're staying another week..

Givio, So sorry for the loss of a family member.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

Givio... I'm so sorry for your loss, too.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post

Sewbizgirl your proquiltinating is so pretty. Is that what it is called. I don't know a lot of these things like you smart girls. lol...
Nah, I just meant I was procrastinating with a new quilting project (instead of finishing up the ones already started.)
Old 10-10-2016, 02:52 PM

I checked out the Hunter's Star in the swap that was due today. It's apparently an eight inch Hunter's Star, which Givio is doing, I think. Teresa down under made hers a ten and a half Hunter's Star, except mine turned out to be ten inch block...twice. It side-tracked me from finishing my CA gold quilt. I did get back to it today,and finished the top and bottom, and pinned one side to hand sew the binding down. One more side to finish after the hand sewing and it will be done.!!! (Bam, Bam , Bam goes the baseball bat!) Closer to finish than ever before.