Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-29-2016, 08:51 AM

JanRN, I agree with you. Outer border distracts the eye a bit. But I love how you have set it together (bit envious of you getting it done so quickly!)

BiJB, that violet sis so pretty. Will have to take a picture of mine. Congratulation on you and Mr. JB, on your 18th anniversary. It is a landmark on the journey of a life time line.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:26 AM

Jan, it is amazing that you are finished already. The part that would fit is on my display wall, but I'm in a dilemma on what to use for cornerstones. I agree with QNS, I think the black would be better for the border than the one you used. It is gorgeous fabric, but I think the whole thing would tie together better with the sashing black. How big is the whole quilt? I am still thinking of making it into 2 lap size quilts.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:27 AM

Jan, it is amazing that you are finished already. The part that would fit is on my display wall, but I'm in a dilemma on what to use for cornerstones. I agree with QNS, I think the black would be better for the border than the one you used. It is gorgeous fabric, but I think the whole thing would tie together better with the sashing black. How big is the whole quilt? I am still thinking of making it into 2 lap size quilts.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

Jan's a speed demon at the machine....I took the liberty of cropping out the lower portion of the grass as I felt the grass background was distracting me...the colors of the border then pop a little better...[ATTACH=CONFIG]557124[/ATTACH]
Does this help? I was a struck how crisp the colors in your blocks appeared with the sashes and cornerstones framing the blocks...
Attached Thumbnails complete-1930s_kindlephoto-1602927.jpg  

Last edited by oksewglad; 08-29-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

JanRN your quilt is beautiful. After I enlarged the picture on my computer I could better see the outside border. It's pretty, but the final is what you like. It does give it a rich look with the colors in the border.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:04 PM

Yay, I finished two more UFO's! I don't know why I did not finish them "at the time", as there was not that much to do! Guess I got involved in something else! I also found another table topper that just needs a backing. I am also guilty of not labeling the items, so went back through my files and put a sticky on each one with the name of the quilt/topper. My stack of quilts needing to be sandwiched and quilted just got larger. No end in sight it seems! Here are photos of the two UFO's. One is Mystery Train Ride #7 Quilt flimsy and the other Mystery Train Ride 11 Tabletopper.
Attached Thumbnails img_0487.jpg   img_0489.jpg  
Old 08-29-2016, 02:12 PM

Yea, JeanieG, so happy you are getting caught up 'cause I have packed up a big box that will be coming your way. Have packed all the boxes up except getting the right size for Honchey that she had told me to get. Neighbor iwth eight kids (grown and big batch of GK and GGk can have all the rest. She took out boxes yesterday to her car, it took four trips then. It is beginning to look better and better.

The is so close, can hardly breathe here...both inside and out is worse. I would do a couple of totes; rest and do another tote and rest again. Have cleared some area on the guest bed, working to clear it all. Neighbor is taking the extra quilt magazines and food magazines along with any extra patterns and fabric And it is cleaning up little by little. The time I am keeping the totes.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

Jan... Nooooooooo! Don't change the border. It's so much more interesting than plain black and ties in with the batiks beautifully. It's so pretty. I hope you use it. Your quilt looks amazing! I need to put mine together too.

Jeanie, your UFOs are both beautiful! Good for you for finishing some things.

JuneBillie, I hope you and the Mr. have a very happy anniversary. Congratulations to you both.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Sew glad the destashing is going so well for you, QNS...I have got the fabric from my neighbor's all sorted and ready to go out the door tomorrow...also have to make a salad for a funeral dinner tomorrow...got the postcard quilt, sandwiched, quilted and binding on...now plan to glue baste binding before I machine stitch it down...I like to machine stitch bindings for kids quilts. I glue basted with Elmer's...stuck well to the denim top as well as the light weight poly batting. Later
Old 08-29-2016, 06:30 PM

JuneBillie, Happy Anniversary! Beautiful violets!
Nice job putting together the blocks, Jan! I really notice the few that you made that are different-- I think, "I don't remember making that one," then realize I didn't. lol If it were me, I'd go with a deep orange or red border to brighten it up. Since you already have it sewn on, just leave it. It's nice to have it done and not make more work for yourself.
Jeanie, cute finishes. Are those zinnias real?