Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 01-21-2017, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

I use spray basting most of the time. It's expensive so I use it sparingly and still pin... just not as many pins.

My Juki2010Q has a 9" throat, with the space being 6" tall. It accommodates a lot of of bulk.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:43 AM

One of the Baby Locks has a larger throat; I have been looking at the Elna when its fifty off, but need to save the $$$$ for it. It has the 16 inch throat on their quilting sewing machine. It might do embroidery, too, not sure. I like the money in hand before I talk to them. or test drive it.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:08 AM

My Brother PQ1500s also has those dimensions SBG. My Babylock has the 9", but only 5" height. I just love the Brother! I have sewn all my Mystery on it, as I did not have anything sandwiched ready to quilt, it is had a gorgeous straight stitch (it is a straight stitch only machine). My Babylock I need to have serviced. The last time I used it the stitch length was not correct??? Never had that problem on a machine before. Strange!

I have 6 blocks of my En Provence Mystery sewn together, and most of the sashing strips. I read somewhere where a person assembled her blocks with fat quarters separating them so they are all ready to sew. I did that yesterday while watching TV. I think that is going to be a big help, as I won't have to stop after each block and assemble the next one.

We are getting a lot of much needed rain. We have had 2" in the last three days, with another storm coming in tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

Your En Provence is coming right along, Jeanie. Won't be long before it's a FO.

We had so much hard rain all night that our area is really flooded. The sun is shining today tho, so maybe that will help it evaporate a bit. We have had tons of rain lately... but at least it's not sleet or ice like it was a few weeks ago. Our temps are around 65.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

I'm looking at this machine...LQS has just gotten this in...it's a mechanical machine with a nice variety of stitches...

http://babylock.com/sewing/jazz/

Keep on stitching...I'm taking a break from books...
Old 01-21-2017, 12:28 PM

Rosie who sewed with us for a while is now the proud new ower of a Bella Sedere LA. Don't know anything abut them.

Sounds like progress, JeanieG On your BH quilt. I remember you have mentioned your Brother, but don't remember the model you have.

Guess my eye is not as good as it was because now I have to have dh thread my needle for me to sew. Bummer, but doable. Back to work on Wild Geese Flying. Have a good day. Very wet and turning cold again after today; maybe the fog will lift.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:57 PM

OK - that looks like a really great sewing machine. Love the 12" width!!!
Old 01-22-2017, 06:32 AM

I tried to make progress yesterday, but slipped back five steps...ripping out this day and trying again...

try try again. fry fry the hen as the old saying goes.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:40 AM
Power Poster

Sorry QNS... some days are like that. You'll get it yet.

Yesterday my local charity quilters group met and we did a fabric swap, for everyone to make each other a 12" block for a friendship quilt. Most of them have never done anything like this before and were so funny about it, but at least they were game to try. I got carried away and stayed up until LATE playing with the blocks. I made SEVEN yesterday! I put them in an album in my profile, "LPJ Block Swap". I love making just one of a block...

We had wicked rainstorms all night. The ground is so saturated and areas are flooded. But today the sun is out again and the sky clear. The poor dog had a bad night, terrified of thunder and heavy rain.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:35 PM

Ripping all done and so are the five golden blocks of wild flying geese.. We seen the sunlight today...not all day, but it helped make us feel better. Monday tomorrow...lots to do, hope I get half of it done.

Ok , the Rafbrai2017 is going through Crestor next summer. 17000 came into my hometown of 7000 last summer. A good group, only two made any trouble. At $2.oo for a bottle of water, I might have said something under my breathe if I were buying water. Churches all made lunch and sold them. Some stayed in private homes, others camped out with their groups. Very nice crowd and well behaved.