Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 07-17-2017, 07:01 PM

Carrots! Hahaha, great idea!
Really? You had trouble? I found the templates worked great. Even with the FWS blocks. I used templates exclusively with them.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:11 PM

I love your blocks! THey are such happy blocks!
Eventually I mostly PP my PC blocks. Actually these blocks were the first PPing that I ever did. I love it! Come to think about it they were the first template piecing also as I started w/template piecing 'em. Pony Club took me from a beginner to an intermediate quilter!
Old 07-17-2017, 08:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Carrots! Hahaha, great idea!
Really? You had trouble? I found the templates worked great. Even with the FWS blocks. I used templates exclusively with them.
I hate the waste of PP but I think I will PP any blocks that have lots of very small triangles, like the last blue one I posted. The flying gees in that one are soooo wonky!

I really learned PPing during our 30's journey. Those blocks were so small and PPing made it much easier to get good results (for me, anyway).

I'm glad the blocks make you happy, Bev. I was thinking I'd probably save this quilt for an eventual grandson I might have. At the rate my married kids are dragging their feet, I may be dead before the grand kids come along!
Old 07-19-2017, 03:48 AM

SBG, our three children seemed to never think of DGC, two are now over forty and its not goin' happen. One DD married at 36 and has one DGS for us....so if its meant to be, it will be.

Love how you are progressing on your blocks.. Each one is so special and unique, and that is what makes PC quilts wonderful to enjoy for years to come. I never thought about carrots, but it makes sense...many horses like a carrot or apple to munch on for a treat.

Not getting in the QR to make any forward movement, but it will happen when it is suppose too, I guess. Rkunning after Dr to tell us why DH cannot hear.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Running after Dr to tell us why DH cannot hear.

Oh no, hope this is not a new development!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:35 AM

It grows worse as time passes us by; Air Force Firing line without ear protection started it all years ago. DH 's left ear can hear at all and his right ear does not hear high pitched sounds at all. Nothing but a high priced special hearing aid will cure it, so we will try and manage the best we can....day by day. He cannot hear and I cannot not see! Yet he always ask for me to find ? whatever he has lost on an hourly or daily timeline.

SBG to see your wonderful PC blocks on site. Beautiful and well designed to the theme of the quilt. looking forward to seeing more of them.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

I'm sorry for his problem, QNS. Hope they can get him hearing a little better.

Thanks for your kind words about my pony blocks. Today I went by the fabric store to drop off my quilts for a show (my first showing! ), and they had a grouping of fabric that was perfect for the pony quilt. It's so hard to explain that you don't want rodeo horses, or equestrian horses... more "farm horses" is what we need. Today I found horseshoe fabric, some running horses, more barn boards, fabric with a farm wagon on it, and something abstract that just looks horsey. I'm going for that 'farm horse' look, or life on the farm, featuring horses. I'd like to add in sunflowers, apples, maybe a few chickens... things that make you think about horses on a farm. ALTHOUGH, some of the stories in the book sound like people living right in town had some of the ponies, and let them come in and out of their houses at will! Crazy. Must have had pony diapers on them.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:42 PM

Sorry I have not been on in a while. I guess QB decided I did not need updates, then we went camping! Without the updates, I forget to log in. Love your blocks SBG - sure brings back memories. It was so fun fussy cutting those blocks. I actually made 2 quilts - one has all the fussy cut horses, and the other the other blocks. The horse one is quilted, and the non-horse one is a flimsy. We started our Pony Club in Jan. 2012. That seems forever ago! I cannot remember when we started the FW Sampler Quilt - probably a good year before Pony Club. My goodness where has time gone!!!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Jeanie could you post pics of your quilt and top? I'd love to see them!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:54 PM

Here you go SBG. I think they turned out great! Of course I'm prejudiced!
Attached Thumbnails pony-club-1.jpg   img_0171.jpg  

Last edited by JeanieG; 07-19-2017 at 06:05 PM.