Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-10-2016, 10:08 PM

We have had cold weather for us the last few days - in the low 60's. It is suppose to be in the 60's all week. That is pretty cold for us!
Old 12-11-2016, 09:20 AM

27F here, we are in the middle of a snow storm-- 10" so far, prediction is that it will about the same all week...

Nice pics, dublb. I'm stalled on the PC project.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:44 PM

It is going below 0 here this week... a minus 2 and a minus 5 at night. Good time to sew. Missing a quilt I shipped to DS; its tracking number stopped out of St. Louis last Thursday...going for Houston, Tx. Prayers please that the PO can locate it....or I may cry. So much time spent finishing it up and shipping it off. The Trellis quilt I showed you'all earlier. the Pinwheel on p point did arrive in GA. Whew One down, one to go.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

Don't worry, QNS... the mail is slower this time of year. I'm sure your quilt will show up in Texas. Just give it a little more time. It certainly is a beauty of a quilt.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:52 PM

I had a good day today. I did do some more sewing. Made another Pony Club block & another hot pad. I need another hot pad like I need a hole in my head. Hmmm I might leave it here for DSis.
DM is doing great but she slept a long time today. Lunch was a comedy of errors. I wanted to take DM out to eat. About the time I thought it would be a good time to leave she went to bed. She woke up at about 1:30 & we all (niece & nephew went to) hustled out the door. Well DM didn't hustle. First we went to The Cotton Patch & there was a line a mile long. DM can't wait in a line right now. So after ruling out several places we headed to Lori's, (a local restaurant.) It used to be in about the center of town but had moved. DNiece looked it up on her phone & the web site said that it closed at 3:00. The new place is on the other side of town from us. So we head over there. We get there at 2:30 & they are closed. So we just pulled into Sonic. Yup, we drove 20 minutes for lunch at Sonic when there is one 5 minutes from DSis's house. LOL DM was so exhausted from all that driving around that she went back to bed when we got home.
I do want to say that she is doing so much better than the last time I saw her. She walks so much faster & really isn't bent over at all now. Well, she does start to stoop a li'le bit when she is tired, but don't we all? She does all her toiletries by herself. I give her the clothes she wants to wear & walk away as she doesn't need any help at all.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Power Poster

That's awesome that your mom is doing so well, Bev! I'm sure you are relieved. Independence (dressing and bathing) is a great thing.

I hate trying to find a restaurant, too... since we don't eat out often we aren't 'up' on what's out there. My old standby is McAllister's, where I can get a big salad.

Today I got one of the tank slippers done... YAY! and the other still has about 2 hours or more of work left to go. These things are ridiculous.

Also made two Block of the Month blocks out of plaid shirts for me and Givio. We are doing this BOM from a guild in Florida(?) and using old shirts. We both make two and then send each other the extra one. I'm so excited about how they are turning out.

This is for Trisha (tan backgrounds):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563577[/ATTACH]

And this one is mine (shirting backgrounds):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563578[/ATTACH]

I also am all caught up on the Mystery Quilt clues... through clue 3.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03286-small-.jpg   dsc03285-small-.jpg  
Old 12-12-2016, 05:26 PM

Wow, SBG, I guess I can go a bit more wild on the background fabrics that I'm choosing for your block! Your block looks better to me than the block in the instructions.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Wow, SBG, I guess I can go a bit more wild on the background fabrics that I'm choosing for your block! Your block looks better to me than the block in the instructions.
I love what you've been sending me. Just follow your instincts! They are good.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

Hello everyone! Yes, here I am straggling in to say hi, but I have been busy with lots of family issues.
On top is my own getting more educated on my Diabetes. I have known I have it, but more in denial with other stuff that goes on. Now with the high readings I have had it's becoming a real reality. I worked today hard to be a good girl.

I don't wish anything bad on myself, but am hoping as I do much better at getting it controlled with God's help that I might have a bit more energy, weight loss, and less kidney issues.

I see you girls have been working on more pretty things.
Are you all ready for the holidays with family?
I almost am. Probably will be after tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you.
Merry Christmas
Old 12-12-2016, 09:07 PM

Hi JuneBillie- so glad you stopped by! Come back and visit again soon.