Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along   Week  30  Blocks 59 & 60  Photo Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 30 Blocks 59 & 60 Photo Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 30 Blocks 59 & 60 Photo Page

Old 12-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Very pretty QE. I know I've told you before, but I love the dark green you're going to use and that gold looks like it would make nice cornerstones.
I ended up not setting my blocks on point because I had stared at them so long on my flannel wall in a linear style that I liked them better. Just a personal quirk I guess.
Keep at it--you're inspiring me for PC with your color choices.
Thanks JanRN for all you kind words. I decided if I was going to on-point them, I'd better start looking at them as such! Though I have my disappointments when I see some of the blocks like these two that truly are much nicer when not on-point! You did such a great job of your FWS, I'm not sure you need PC inspiration!

The cornerstones & setting triangles ... I could do both in the same as the triangles are now. Just not sure if the variation of the fabric would be risky in the tiny cornerstones or not. And now for the real dilemma ... the fabric is on sale today at 30% off and I'm contemplating buying it for the backing. Even on sale, it's still going to be a mighty hefty bill with the yardage we need. Though I really like it and know I would not regret it. Maybe the store will solve the problem, and not have enough in stock!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

I don't know how to stop being redundant, but the piecing in these beauties is stupendous! I feel like a slacker when you see my blocks IRL. I love seeing all the color combinations. Ah another Christmas block QE?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I don't know how to stop being redundant, but the piecing in these beauties is stupendous! I feel like a slacker when you see my blocks IRL. I love seeing all the color combinations. Ah another Christmas block QE?

tsk tsk
OKSGlad ... Oh now don't short change yourself. Your blocks have been first class. Absolutely!

I did a few blocks at Christmas time with Christmas fabric, just for the significance. Christmas always has been a "big" time on most farms ... the fun and enjoyment, the food and celebration and a LOT of work for Farm Wives. Of course, you know more than enough about THAT!!

That Noon and Night one was done with the fabrics I used for the Christmas Table Topper I gave away.