Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along Week 44 Blocks 87 & 88 Discussion Page

  1. #1
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    2,896
    Hi Guys, Only 22 blocks to go then we can say "We Did It".
    After finishing 88 I realized that 87 was pretty easy.
    My block will be different unless there are others pping with the Yahoo groupPPing patterns.. then I won't be alone. The FWS block has a total of 8 HST's while the EQ block has a total of 10 HST's. I didn't realize this until I lost a section that was finished and couldn't find it...I had to dig real deep to find another matching piece of fabric. Then I didn't like the way the points were and when I took it apart I made a hole...so I reversed the fabric but the hole was right in the seam...so I wonder undered it backing it to a fabric softner sheet. I fixed it. and you can't even see it. I have decided to start sewing some triangles to my blocks but I'm not sure if I like the color I chose for them. I wanted the mustard/gold but couldn't find anything I liked. I would like some honest opinions please. Anne

  2. #2
    Super Member QuiltingNinaSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford, Mo
    Posts
    3,566
    Neat job; love the colors. Photo looks great; I can see the difference in the hst....yours looks very nice. Happy I have mine all done because its busy garden time here...replacing hose sprayer nozzles, etc. to water the growing orchard and garden. Vistors from Texas stopped by overnight, we were very pleased they did. Just no time for the quilt room...and I miss that.

  3. #3
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
    Neat job; love the colors. Photo looks great; I can see the difference in the hst....yours looks very nice. Happy I have mine all done because its busy garden time here...replacing hose sprayer nozzles, etc. to water the growing orchard and garden. Vistors from Texas stopped by overnight, we were very pleased they did. Just no time for the quilt room...and I miss that.
    You know we're going to have to do something so we can keep our "circle" going after we're done with this. I, myself am going to be "lost" on Tuesdays with no posts to do after the next 11 weeks. Hmmmm???

  4. #4
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    3,125
    You know we're going to have to do something so we can keep our "circle" going after we're done with this. I, myself am going to be "lost" on Tuesdays with no posts to do after the next 11 weeks. Hmmmm???[/quote]

    May have to start the Pony Quilt! Her new book should be available by then. Two blocks a week is fine with me, but if anyone wants to do less that is ok too!

  5. #5
    Member Abigail's Mimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    On the mighty Hudson!
    Posts
    47
    Anne: I too am looking for a mustard/gold for my triangles and have looked on a lot of fabric sites and can not find one that hits me just right. The gold in your block 88 is a good color but I am looking for a smaller pattern. The fabric is gorgeous and so are your blocks.

  6. #6
    Member Abigail's Mimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    On the mighty Hudson!
    Posts
    47
    I have had all 111 blocks done for weeks but I am having a bad time finding just the right fabric mustard/gold in color to use for the setting triangles. The sashing I have used is a wine color. Anne: I am not sure I like the blue you have used for the triangles but I do love the sashing border fabric.

  7. #7
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,014
    Sorry I'm late but life threw me a couple of curveballs over the last 2 weeks. Lost my job. Unemployment at my age (62) really knocked me for a loop. I've been moping around and wallowing in self-pity but I'm back and actually enjoy not being on call or getting up at 5:30am (even tho I was only working 2-3 days/week). I've enjoyed looking at all your blocks and am still awed by what we've accomplished!
    Keep up the great work ladies and I look forward to our next project---and I'll have plenty of time to work on it. (unless someone knows of a job for a really old nurse LOL).

  8. #8
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Sorry I'm late but life threw me a couple of curveballs over the last 2 weeks. Lost my job. Unemployment at my age (62) really knocked me for a loop. I've been moping around and wallowing in self-pity but I'm back and actually enjoy not being on call or getting up at 5:30am (even tho I was only working 2-3 days/week). I've enjoyed looking at all your blocks and am still awed by what we've accomplished!
    Keep up the great work ladies and I look forward to our next project---and I'll have plenty of time to work on it. (unless someone knows of a job for a really old nurse LOL).
    Hi Jan, I joined the ranks of the enemployed July of 2009 and I'm still collecting...They call me to go in every once in awhile and I'm glad of it..I report my earnings when I claim my benefits and they just deduct it from what I would receive. I'm 71 and there isn't much work out there for anyone my age...I can't climb ladders, can't lift 50lbs readily and I can't stand for 4 hours in one clip...Sciatica on both sides makes my legs go numb..A motorcycle accident when I was 17 contributed to that. So I look for work even tho they won't hire me so I really enjoy collecting the checks. That will end tho this september.
    On another note. The Pony Club book has some blocks that in keeping with the theme "Cowboys" will need special fabric so start thinking & collecting "novelty". Like the Yahoo Group maybe we could post photos of any fabric that we would like to swap, exchange. We Have to "Finish" this quilt first. Anne

  9. #9
    Super Member QuiltingNinaSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford, Mo
    Posts
    3,566
    Now you two are making me feel lazy indeed. I retired in 2005 after 37 years in public school systems, and at 69, I am NOT looking for job full/partime as I am enjoying retirement...not having to get up or go to bed at certain times.

    We do (dh&I) projects together...gardening, cooking, reading, computering, cleaning house...quilting sometimes. Always something to do around here, or we can choose to do nothing at all. Love the "nothing at all" part.

    Another project?? This one is not done yet. Yes, I have enjoyed it with all you ladies, but I have some unfinished projects that need done first as all my time this winter was spent on Fwsq. And to clean up my quilt room and use up a bunch of material...weed out some into quick projects.

  10. #10
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
    Now you two are making me feel lazy indeed. I retired in 2005 after 37 years in public school systems, and at 69, I am NOT looking for job full/partime as I am enjoying retirement...not having to get up or go to bed at certain times.

    We do (dh&I) projects together...gardening, cooking, reading, computering, cleaning house...quilting sometimes. Always something to do around here, or we can choose to do nothing at all. Love the "nothing at all" part.

    Another project?? This one is not done yet. Yes, I have enjoyed it with all you ladies, but I have some unfinished projects that need done first as all my time this winter was spent on Fwsq. And to clean up my quilt room and use up a bunch of material...weed out some into quick projects.
    Hi QNS, I I hurt myself on the job in 1985 and decided to not go back. In the fall of 2006 I couldn't find a 1/4" foot that fit my old Singer so I visited a Viking Gallery to find out about machines...the place was a mess and I told the women so. her response was " Do you want a job" I filled out the application and was called in the following week. The company downsized 2 yrs ago and I gave up my hours to the other part timer so she could keep her health insurance. I get called in every once in awhile to fill in. I really have alot of fun while I'm at the shop. I taught the quilting classes while I was there. I'm going in to work when I return from NC for 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to it.

    I will be doing the Pony Club Quilt in 30"s reproductions. I have alot of that fabric. The book will not be out until September so I'm thinking several months after that would be a good time to start that one...maybe even the beginning of the new year...who knows. I also have alot of irons in the fire that need to be taken care of (finished!) before I start another large project like this. We have to do something tho so we can keep in touch with each other..I will miss all of you if we don't. :cry: :cry Anne
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.