Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 157 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Vicki, If you use a stripe or rickrack in a quilt, it will not be even and all going in the same direction. Sorry.
    Ok, thanks...I will just go ahead & use it. I appreciate your input! I have 5 craftshows in 6 weeks, so I will have to wait on doing this...but will keep checking in & getting the steps copied. Then I can get it made in Dec. BEFORE the mystery is solved as I don't do shows in Dec. anymore. Need to have time to get my personal gifts made!

Hi , I'd like to join the Mystery Quilt Train Ride, I will look for fabric tommorrow.
    Pam

Hi everyone! I've got some fabric out, and keeping looking at it, then changing one for another, and looking at it! LOL I'll take a pic of the current one and get it posted soon. I'm looking forward to this train ride! I've loved the last two I've done!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Judy, here is the fabric I have come up with. Please let me know if you think they will work for this quilt!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    another train trip? yippee! havent finished the last one--got to final borders but they are fitting and been too busy to check out why.--The first mystery quilt was finished and given to friend who absolutely loved it. i'll have to keep track of directions and see if I can find pieces big enough in my stash and then the time to actually sew it in between secret santa an NYb blocks and a queen size quilt for Xmas gift.

Thank you for your feed back. I will switch and keep lookin for my gray

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Wow, been a lot of activity and busy people!

Ok, on to business - hope I don't offend anyone with my comments.

reeskyler - I think you need more contrast on you E fabric expecially having A and D light fabrics.

bibliostone - welcome!

clevermom - perhaps you have too much white. And using fat quarters will be possible if you have plenty of them -- you will lose a lot when you cut. Also, don't use too whites - E and D. A C & F are lovely. Do you have a B with more color?

Nelco - pretty colors, and yes, a gray would work. But I would switch D & C - C should be darker than D

urgods - I'm afraid with the way this will be cut, this print is kind of large.

Haylilliam - like top choices, they will be gret.

Dotty - I agree, seems like a lot, but don't forget the size. And you know you lose a bit when you cut. And there is a bit extra.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

help

Ok here I have any and all possible combos I could come up with due to size requirements.. this is it kiddos. I am open to any and all suggestions like hey toss that idea out completely to that one is great to use this from plan C and put it in plan A I dont care. Not knowing what I am making is well very tough on me and those who know how this works probably are laughing. TOO bad, playing so here it goes: plan A through D lol a lot but I told you I am stumped.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

ps that stripe I have 1 and a half yards of so I can get most things in the way I want them and sometimes its ok to move stripes isnt it to go half one way and half another? or is this a quilters no no? that is black in the pics the solid is flesh tone on a warm side, the roses are on green not blue as the pic shows in the medium contrast think its C photo.. other than that thats all I could come up with. I sure had to work to get those.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Wow, Elizabrat, those are some nifty choices!! My stash pieces are all too small except for ones with violets (Sunliten you've got those, too). So I may just tag along and keep the club car clean! :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Elizabrat, I like the first picture (abcd row two ef) and plan C, part 2, but I wonder how the light green on cream from plan C, part 1 would look in place of the pale lilac on the right in the first picture. ABCDE would stay the same and the green cream would become F. Just a thought.

Page 16 of 157 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 66 116 ... LastLast