Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Great quilt!! Is that whack and stack in the stars? Very nice. Just finished one that size myself. My biggest ever. Whew, it was huge

Quote Originally Posted by dungeonquilter View Post
    I have my blocks made, and some trimmed to 6.5", but no pics yet. I was very busy all weekend sewing the binding on the MONSTER. I call it Fishing in the Dark and it measures 106" x 123". The LAQ named it the monster and said there seemed to be no end to it. Here is a couple of pictures. I will post it in the pictures once I can get a full picture of it. First one is sewing on the binding. Second is 1/4 of the quilt on a twin bed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post

Hey, Coopah......... Look what is waiting for us at the next station...... Zippy, yes

HAHA! Sweet, I'll take it.

Elisabrat, pretty colors!
    Dungeon, VERY nice quilt. One of these days I'm going to learn that Stack n' Whack.

It's raining like heck today here in beautiful Washington State. I have chicken, black beans and diced tomatoes in a crock pot for dinner tonight. They'll be great rolled up in a tortilla with sour cream and cheese!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Sunliten, that photo made my heart go a bit faster. Wonder which to choose ? The man or the car? There was a Smart Car here in town with eyelashes painted by the headlights!!!! Oh, so cute! What is this car ? The little Fiats are cute, too. Can't wait for the next stop!! ;-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    Sunliten, that photo made my heart go a bit faster. Wonder which to choose ? The man or the car? There was a Smart Car here in town with eyelashes painted by the headlights!!!! Oh, so cute! What is this car ? The little Fiats are cute, too. Can't wait for the next stop!! ;-)
    Well Coopah, I wouldn't take either. Can't do without a pickup truck and men are too high maintenance.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Sauki1 View Post
    Great quilt!! Is that whack and stack in the stars? Very nice. Just finished one that size myself. My biggest ever. Whew, it was huge
    Yes, it is Stack & Wack. 8 layers. This is my third using this pattern with the various size stars. Second to be finished. The first, I wanted to make into a jacket, but it was too big for me and I took it apart. It is still waiting to be put back together.

Caroline, here's a picture of the new quilt inspector in training. We named her Tabby...short for Tabitha. And she's definitely going to be in inspector! She spent the day in the studio with me & tried catching the fabric as it came out the back side of the throat, or tried to catch the needle going up & down. I was working on a scrappy bow tie & had all those little pieces in a plastic basket next to the machine & she climbed in, put her head on the edge so she could watch the sewing & went to sleep! Too bad I didn't have the camera there, it was so cute! How about some Halloween cake for dessert tonight??
    Attached Images Attached Images

oh a kitty with eye crusties.. does she need a little antibiotic for them? she is adorable and if she loves the needle going up and down maybe she can play with Roy, he needs someone who likes the stuff he loves too! He is my newest quilt inspector. I have one who likes to chew the thread off the spindle at top (argh) and another who likes to bat the needle (ROY) and another who waits for the scraps to hit the floor (I am a not to neat quilter) and another who thinks it all sucks and bites my feet to get my attention. (it works) other than zero help.

ok extra cheese, homemade chocolate covered cherries BOY AM I IN and did someone mention booze? its it coctail time AGAIN? goody. ok no calories nothing bad for you sign me up. And the pink/pink is great love seeing them morph into quilt blocks. good to see you all today. I really dont want to prepare any dinner. cereal would be lovely. something says my sweetie would look at me like I lost my antlers. and red nose.. so ugh, dinner again. for you guys: made roasted eggplant, carmalized onions with balsamic vinegar served ontop of french bread rounds while hot with herb feta cheese sprinkled with a heavy hand on top.. serving in the last car for anyone who pops on last second!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I just got her Saturday & today she really went exploring in the studio. I think she found every nook & crannie of Queenie, as well as the sewing machine! Right now she's trying to help me type! Guess she wants to say hello too! Hear her little motor running??

Quote Originally Posted by chefbwarner View Post
    I just don't know about you all. Eating candy, eye candy, booze lol lol food and more food. Having a good laugh here. And so I don't have to scroll back and look for a name, the lady in Crestview??? The only place I go is Margie's and it's been a few years for that. I'm actually afraid to go again. Last time I bought a new machine. But I love it
    I live by Margie's & I try not to go too much anymore...I owe alot of my stash to her shop & 5 machines too! I know what you mean!!! Right now I'm cramming for the craftshows, trying to get secret santa stuff done, trying to catch up with the BOM on the board & another BOM from Cranton Village that I'm 3 months behind on. I don't have time to do much else!!! I hope to cram alittle time in for this mystery in here too, so I don't have to try to do it all at once before it ends...I want to be surprised too. I decided to change the rick rack fabric I had for my 1st pick since I know it would really bother me if it goes willy-nilly. I've decided to use that fabric on the back & piece the front fabric leftovers with it to be large enough if it isn't already...trying to post a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VickiM; 10-22-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vicki I think that is a great Idea ! what a fun back that will be....

I got my fabrics today - of ALL the fabric I have, nothing had enough yardage to work with the pattern. Oh well, gave me a chance to go shopping...waaahaahaahaa. I was lucky that a big sale was on and I got all at 50% off..yeaaaa Here's a pic of my choices - will cut & sew tomorrow.. They are left to right - ABCD, E&F top and bottom...The color scheme is totally outa my realm but thot what the hey!

Jean

Name:  Judy's 3rd Mystery.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  174.5 KB
    Last edited by Oksewnsew; 10-22-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi. I'm very interested in this mystery quilt project....has the second week entry been released yet.

Blog Entries
    marcellelee, The second clue is on page 27. Post 264, I think. The third one will be Oct 26.

Blog Entries
    Home again~ filled with the dang fluie coldie cruddy crud~ but I am checking my stash for some good fabric to use on mystery #3.

I love the selection you have all picked, Where did you get that cute Rick Rack fabric, it is so cute! I am really into making 4t dresses for a cute Princess that I just spent 10 days with! She had me wore out on day 2! But I am a happy granny!

my hubby is afraid of me! hehe, says I picked up baby germs! could be... OK I will be back with my selections in a day or two, hope to have my HST's done by Sat time for next clue!

And I loved Washington as always the colors are wonderful this time of year! I am glad she is an October Baby so I get to go there during my favorite time!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    And you kitten reminds me of my tiny ball of fur, Stewie, when he was first with us, now he is pushing 20 lbs and ornery as the day is long! His sister Bella, my sewing partner loves to inspect not only quilts but sized 4T dresses!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    wow! i don't know when y'all have time to sew with all the chatting and eating! for some reason i'm always several pages behind! i have ordered my fabric, and hopefully it will arrive soon! it is all polka dots. i have had it in my mind to do an all dotty quilt as well as a polka dot and stripes quilt. read judy's advice against stripes so this one will be called " seeing spots". is there a reason people don't use all polka dots? we may have the answer in several weeks.
    as for the dogs having beds, i have been saving scraps too. my dogs prefer their own blankets (one per dog per room) and the cats will sleep anywhere near me they can. i have put a window bed to my right as i sew and simon likes it very much, but has trouble navigating the route through the plastic boxes (my lame attempt at organizing). he is now 20 and not as nimble as he was once, but twice as loud. ah yes, a door closes, a window opens.
    i hope to get my fabric this week. i ordered from nicoleanne's and i hope they are prompt. i don't want to get too far behind! let's have a barbeque one day! i'll bring texas brisket and country ribs, and cases of longneck lonestar, or shiners. who will bring potatoes and beans, corn on the cob, and dessert?
    Last edited by nancia; 10-22-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries

Marybeth so glad you posted....that horrible accident on your road yesterday....kept telling myself you were in an airplane not a car....not sure myself believed me. ((((HUGS))))

Blog Entries
    Drove an hour and half to Hancocks Fabrics hoping to find a different selection of blues to bring home came home with three new blues and lots more fabric to add to my stash. Here are the combinations I came up with. These blues are being so difficult ... how are these combinations?..or shall I go shopping again via internet. I worry that If I purchase based on pictures on the computer the shades might not be true if I try to purchase from online.

Name:  weddingfabric001.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  397.3 KB
    Name:  weddingfabric002.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  400.6 KB
    Name:  weddingfabric003.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  268.8 KB

The last picture is of alternate fabrics that match. The difference in the white fabric from the one I have in the grouping is it is a flower print and does not have any silver running through it like the two main fabrics Im trying to work with. Comments and suggestions always welcome.

What do you think Judy will any of the new blue combinations work well? Thanks again for your time and input.
    Last edited by Jenniky; 10-23-2012 at 05:59 AM.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Jenniky, love all your fabrics! Blues are a fav of mine. Picture 2 is what I'd choose. Wonder what Judy thinks? She's the expert on this trip for sure! Any choice will work.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Jenniky, I like #2 the best.

Blog Entries
    Jenniky, You certainly have an eye for color. Both of your choices are beautiful.
    And, glad to have you back!

Jenniky, I think if you switched your A and F fabrics in group 1 you would have the contrast we need. Whatever you do, don't get rid of that awesome paisley!

Blog Entries
    Coopah, Cindy... that is two solid votes for group Number #2 I was worried the combination had too much navy blue..but we will see what Judy thinks.
    Grammy of 6. thanks Im glad to be back also; Im on the fence with you on the two groups I like them but am not seeming to lean more towards one or the other.
    Pam I can see where the grouping you are suggesting would be great unfortunately I only have a yard of the F so am forced to only be able to use it as E or F. :/
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    wow! i don't know when y'all have time to sew with all the chatting and eating! for some reason i'm always several pages behind! i have ordered my fabric, and hopefully it will arrive soon! it is all polka dots. i have had it in my mind to do an all dotty quilt as well as a polka dot and stripes quilt. read judy's advice against stripes so this one will be called " seeing spots". is there a reason people don't use all polka dots? we may have the answer in several weeks.
    as for the dogs having beds, i have been saving scraps too. my dogs prefer their own blankets (one per dog per room) and the cats will sleep anywhere near me they can. i have put a window bed to my right as i sew and simon likes it very much, but has trouble navigating the route through the plastic boxes (my lame attempt at organizing). he is now 20 and not as nimble as he was once, but twice as loud. ah yes, a door closes, a window opens.
    i hope to get my fabric this week. i ordered from nicoleanne's and i hope they are prompt. i don't want to get too far behind! let's have a barbeque one day! i'll bring texas brisket and country ribs, and cases of longneck lonestar, or shiners. who will bring potatoes and beans, corn on the cob, and dessert?
    Well, Nanica, we do save a lot of time with the eating = more time for piecing

here is my AB HST
    sewed all this morning now need to finish lunch and leave for work.

Name:  AB HST.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  912.8 KB

Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast