Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 103 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1338

Thread: Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

I know this is off topic.... but I've had a run going on a portrait quilt I am making and I cannot shift to block making right now. My creative side is taking over from my structured side. (and the dog ate my homework!)

So I am posting a photo of my portrait quilt in progress. It's from a photo of my grandson, Nathaniel-age 5, playing his DS gameboy.

hugs, Jupiter
    Attached Images Attached Images  

np3
    Blog Entries
    Love it! Look closely everyone at the photo of him in the upper left side!

Blog Entries
    Wow! Excuse accepted! I so love seeing your picture quilts and this one is sooooooo awsome. Have fun and we will see your structured side when it is time.

Wow Jup, that's fabulous - and yes, you are excused for not block sewing.

Slashed Album is due this week but after that wonderful portrait pic I want to rush out and do something creative.

Tell me what a "slashed album" is, Dee Cee... I might be missing something good!

hugs, Jup

Blog Entries
    Here is my next block, Prosperity. I enjoyed this block. Working with scraps is fun and challenging. Sometimes I don't think I get the same effect that was intended but I am happy with my blocks, especially when they are finished and in the stack!

My second picture is a wip of HST's from an exchange. I have it tacked up in the sitting room so I can live with it to decide about borders.

Jup, while you are creating your lovely work, don't forget about showing pictures of your 'foot' quilt. I was serious about seeing it!

Deecee, I hope your husband is all recovered and out and about and you are back to 'routine'.

Betty Gee, come home from the spa you are languishing in and see if your Penny Haren book is there, yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Shame on you Jupiter!! Slashed Album is our next PH block.

I suppose I can't blame you for being so deep into your portrait that you are not paying attention to the schedule you set up for us. :roll: :roll: :-D :-D

By the way, I would like to see the shoe WIP also.

Great fabrics in your Prosperity and your HST's Judith. Nice work on both.

Both DH and I returned to work today (Monday here). :-( Mixed emotions. Glad to get back "amongst it" and earning money (I don't get paid leave) but would also love to have more time at home. Between DH in hospital, then recouperating at home and then his brothers funeral, I feel like I could do with a little "me" time.

Betty Gee - have you checked that letterbox yet

:?:

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee

I suppose I can't blame you for being so deep into your portrait that you are not paying attention to the schedule you set up for us. :roll: :roll: :-D :-D

Both DH and I returned to work today (Monday here). :-( Mixed emotions. Glad to get back "amongst it" and earning money (I don't get paid leave) but would also love to have more time at home. Between DH in hospital, then recouperating at home and then his brothers funeral, I feel like I could do with a little "me" time.

Jup, even I figured out it was the next block!

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtquilts
    Here is my next block, Prosperity. I enjoyed this block. Working with scraps is fun and challenging. Sometimes I don't think I get the same effect that was intended but I am happy with my blocks, especially when they are finished and in the stack!

My second picture is a wip of HST's from an exchange. I have it tacked up in the sitting room so I can live with it to decide about borders.

Jup, while you are creating your lovely work, don't forget about showing pictures of your 'foot' quilt. I was serious about seeing it!

Deecee, I hope your husband is all recovered and out and about and you are back to 'routine'.

Betty Gee, come home from the spa you are languishing in and see if your Penny Haren book is there, yet.
    Love the quilt colors!

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee

Nice to know you will be getting paid again though!

Page 103 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 ... LastLast