Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 >

Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Old 08-17-2011, 08:23 AM

Oh goodness... are you to the end of the blocks? I mean, should I be to the end of the blocks, too? I had every intention to catch up before the end..... ok, time to get back to blocks.... this weekend. (I've got to finish something on Nathaniel first. If I stop in the middle it won't look right when I pick it up again, because I won't remember what I was doing! (An old mind is a scary place to live, lol)

hugs, Jup
Old 08-17-2011, 08:25 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Oh goodness... are you to the end of the blocks? I mean, should I be to the end of the blocks, too? I had every intention to catch up before the end..... ok, time to get back to blocks.... this weekend. (I've got to finish something on Nathaniel first. If I stop in the middle it won't look right when I pick it up again, because I won't remember what I was doing! (An old mind is a scary place to live, lol)

hugs, Jup
And who st the calendar?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 AM

Well, I cannot say that I am in the middle of the agenda for tomorrow's Quilt Guild Meeting, but I have thought about it... does that count? Also, last night I went to the Quilt Show Committee meeting at Bolts to Bindings. Too bad the meeting isn't for another 2 weeks! But I did get to visit with a couple Guild Members who were working in the back room. lol

see you tomorrow,
hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by np3
What can I say... I am dee-ee-eep into Nathaniel's portrait right now. I am hoping to get it to a resting point by this weekend. THEN... maybe I'll catch up with the blocks.

hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by np3
Originally Posted by Deecee
Shame on you Jupiter!! Slashed Album is our next PH block.

I suppose I can't blame you for being so deep into your portrait that you are not paying attention to the schedule you set up for us. :roll: :roll: :-D :-D

By the way, I would like to see the shoe WIP also.

Great fabrics in your Prosperity and your HST's Judith. Nice work on both.

Both DH and I returned to work today (Monday here). :-( Mixed emotions. Glad to get back "amongst it" and earning money (I don't get paid leave) but would also love to have more time at home. Between DH in hospital, then recouperating at home and then his brothers funeral, I feel like I could do with a little "me" time.

Betty Gee - have you checked that letterbox yet

:?:
Jup, even I figured out it was the next block!
I hope you are deeeep into the agenda for tomorrow!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:34 AM
np3
Power Poster

Okay well it was good practice!

Just remember to send me a copy of the agenda. I have the speaker mostly taken care of. Just don't have her expected arrival time. I did tell her we will start right on time. She intends to check into the hotel and rest before the evening meeting, so dinner is up in the air as well.

Well, I cannot say that I am in the middle of the agenda for tomorrow's Quilt Guild Meeting, but I have thought about it... does that count? Also, last night I went to the Quilt Show Committee meeting at Bolts to Bindings. Too bad the meeting isn't for another 2 weeks! But I did get to visit with a couple Guild Members who were working in the back room. lol

see you tomorrow,
hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by np3
What can I say... I am dee-ee-eep into Nathaniel's portrait right now. I am hoping to get it to a resting point by this weekend. THEN... maybe I'll catch up with the blocks.

hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by np3
Shame on you Jupiter!! Slashed Album is our next PH block.

I suppose I can't blame you for being so deep into your portrait that you are not paying attention to the schedule you set up for us. :roll: :roll: :-D :-D

By the way, I would like to see the shoe WIP also.

Great fabrics in your Prosperity and your HST's Judith. Nice work on both.

Both DH and I returned to work today (Monday here). :-( Mixed emotions. Glad to get back "amongst it" and earning money (I don't get paid leave) but would also love to have more time at home. Between DH in hospital, then recouperating at home and then his brothers funeral, I feel like I could do with a little "me" time.

Betty Gee - have you checked that letterbox yet

:?:
Jup, even I figured out it was the next block!
I hope you are deeeep into the agenda for tomorrow!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 PM

Nancy and Jup - You are such a busy bunch of ladies with your quilt groups. I am envious of the quilting companionship you have "in the flesh". None of my friends quilt and my family are all very artistic in some way but not quilting. Hopefully once I am not working I can join a daytime group and have as much fun as you do.

This is probably the first time I have finished a project on schedule 'cos I am a sloooooow worker, but I found these blocks addictive, like doing a jigsaw puzzle. Once I started, I just couldn't stop.

I am not doing the stars setting - I want either wall hanging or lap quilt size. So I have started adding a ¼ inch frame to my blocks and will then sash with black or my border fabric - shall decide as I go along.

This is also the first time I have actually followed a pattern to this extent. My quilts usually "evolve" which is probably why they take me so long - all that waiting for artistic inspiration. :lol: :lol:

Once I have a few skinny borders on I will post a pic.

In the meantime Irene and I are patiently waiting for everyone else to catch up. :-D (It's not very often I can say that!!!). It's almost worth saying again!

Jup, we all expect more progress pics of Nathaniel's portrait.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:04 PM
np3
Power Poster

Nancy and Jup - You are such a busy bunch of ladies with your quilt groups. I am envious of the quilting companionship you have "in the flesh". None of my friends quilt and my family are all very artistic in some way but not quilting. Hopefully once I am not working I can join a daytime group and have as much fun as you do.

This is probably the first time I have finished a project on schedule 'cos I am a sloooooow worker, but I found these blocks addictive, like doing a jigsaw puzzle. Once I started, I just couldn't stop.

I am not doing the stars setting - I want either wall hanging or lap quilt size. So I have started adding a ¼ inch frame to my blocks and will then sash with black or my border fabric - shall decide as I go along.

This is also the first time I have actually followed a pattern to this extent. My quilts usually "evolve" which is probably why they take me so long - all that waiting for artistic inspiration. :lol: :lol:

Once I have a few skinny borders on I will post a pic.

In the meantime Irene and I are patiently waiting for everyone else to catch up. :-D (It's not very often I can say that!!!). It's almost worth saying again!

Jup, we all expect more progress pics of Nathaniel's portrait.
I do that as well. I have a quilt on the design wall that I am still waiting for inspiration on. Gramma mo wants me to finish it and keeps pulling the pieces together and encouraging me to just do it. But I know there is something special for a fill in and I'll wait until I figure it out!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:25 PM

I agree with waiting Nancy. I like to wait until I have "just the right fabric or inspiration" and don't feel satisfied if I just do what it takes to get something finished.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:32 PM
np3
Power Poster

I agree with waiting Nancy. I like to wait until I have "just the right fabric or inspiration" and don't feel satisfied if I just do what it takes to get something finished.
I'm that way on a lot of things. It isn't about speed with me!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:07 PM

:thumbup:
Old 08-17-2011, 03:23 PM

Ladies, I have been looking at all your blocks, wish I had started these blocks. They are all beautiful.