Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 >

Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Old 08-17-2011, 05:39 PM

Pollyv9, it isn't too late to start now! I began my pieced-applique blocks not too many weeks ago. I would love some company . . . although the others have said they would check in on me! Let us know if you are joining!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 PM

It is nice to have an "in the flesh" group of quilters to play with. I hope you find kindred spirits in your area, too. It is fun! This on-line group is fun too.

I'm not putting you off about the photo of the shoes quilt, but that will have to wait a few days. Got to dig it out and get a photo of it......

Today I had to stop working on Nathaniel because I had not yet made my baby quilts for the hospital. Our Guild donates small quilts to the pre-mature baby ward at 4 hospitals, so I try to get 2 a month made.

Now that I am off the portrait roll, I will definitely get back to my blocks here. I really do want to finish them up, though I don't see how I can make these blocks into a queen size quilt... that will take some imagination.

Nice to hear from new faces and I hope you will join in and start making the pieced app blocks. This has been a lot of fun.... nice to have friends working along with you.

I did get my agenda made up for tomorrow's Quilt Guild meeting. I'll be there all day... 2 meetings; one at 1pm and the other at 6pm. Full fun day.....

hugs all around,
Jupiter
Old 08-17-2011, 10:57 PM

Jupiter - I am exhausted just reading about all you achieve. Obviously I live in the slooooooooooow lane.

Polly - Its never too late to join in.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:17 AM

I churn my own water.... Mama called it "making a tempest in a teapot"... lol
Old 08-18-2011, 09:11 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jupiter
It is nice to have an "in the flesh" group of quilters to play with. I hope you find kindred spirits in your area, too. It is fun! This on-line group is fun too.

I'm not putting you off about the photo of the shoes quilt, but that will have to wait a few days. Got to dig it out and get a photo of it......

Today I had to stop working on Nathaniel because I had not yet made my baby quilts for the hospital. Our Guild donates small quilts to the pre-mature baby ward at 4 hospitals, so I try to get 2 a month made.

Now that I am off the portrait roll, I will definitely get back to my blocks here. I really do want to finish them up, though I don't see how I can make these blocks into a queen size quilt... that will take some imagination.

Nice to hear from new faces and I hope you will join in and start making the pieced app blocks. This has been a lot of fun.... nice to have friends working along with you.

I did get my agenda made up for tomorrow's Quilt Guild meeting. I'll be there all day... 2 meetings; one at 1pm and the other at 6pm. Full fun day.....

hugs all around,
Jupiter
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-72126-260.htm#3986679

Posted some pictures from today's Guild meeting!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:18 AM

I am so glad to see some "late" joiners! It will be so nice to have company as I bring up the rear for the group that started with Jupiter's original schedule! I haven't given up - although I have been completely off track for a while. This *stay-at-home-mom* thing is a lot of work! I'm glad I didn't expect to get *more* sewing done now that I am not working anymore. But I didn't expect to get so much less done!

We have had guest after guest in our new house, but now that things have calmed down, I've moved my sewing machine and ironing board to the guest bedroom and I should be able to get a lot more done now. My kids start pre-school two mornings a week at the end of this month, and even though it's only 6 hours a week, it should be enough for me to put the rest of my PH blocks together fairly quickly so that I can do the hand sewing while hanging out with the munchkins.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of blocks in progress and finished quilts!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:24 AM

Deecee and Irene... can we see a picture of all the finished blocks together?

I need inspiration!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:07 AM

Hi there Lara. Had been wondering where you were. Glad to see you back on board.

Have to tell you though, I found the kinder (pre-school) years the most time consuming. By the time you have a chat and maybe a cuppa with the other mums after dropping the munchkins off, there isn't much time left before pick-up.

In those days I didn't have a car and sometimes it wasn't even worth walking home and then coming back again! But maybe you are more organised than I was. :-D

I'll take a pic of my blocks. I have started adding a ¼" border around them.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:21 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Deecee
Hi there Lara. Had been wondering where you were. Glad to see you back on board.

Have to tell you though, I found the kinder (pre-school) years the most time consuming. By the time you have a chat and maybe a cuppa with the other mums after dropping the munchkins off, there isn't much time left before pick-up.

In those days I didn't have a car and sometimes it wasn't even worth walking home and then coming back again! But maybe you are more organised than I was. :-D

I'll take a pic of my blocks. I have started adding a ¼" border around them.
Looking forward to see them with borders!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:06 PM

I took inventory this afternoon with the help of my 3-year-old daughter. I have 15 blocks completed and 10 to go. I have 4 pinwheel foundation blocks to complete that I missed during the move and then the last 6 blocks. I will probably start Chris' Compass and Bill's Bright Hopes next because I have the foundations already done for those. I need some quick results to get myself rolling again! Then I will go back and work through the pinwheels and the rest of the last few blocks. I will finish! I love this project and am so disappointed that I fell off the wagon!

My daughter loved going through all the blocks with me and matching mine up to the pictures in the PH book. She wanted to try everything herself. Whenever she would see a picture of someone using a rotary cutter though, she would point to it and say that she didn't want to do that. Only grown-ups use that. Smart little girl!