Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by bebe
Klue have fun in RI.
Will you be available for questions???? :-D :-D :-D :-D

turns out we didn't go.

they have special needs children and the event was taking place in the home because of this.

turns out one of the children has become rather sick so they cancelled everything.

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by bearpaw
I'm getting very anxious!!! I ordered my fabrics on Dec 26th, they aren't here yet - I want to start playing!!!!!!

hang in there, i'm sure they'll be at your door in no time.

bebe 12-30-2009 12:51 PM

okay thought you were already in RI????
so then let's have fun w/ DJ :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 01:00 PM

LOL

its so addicting.

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Brazen
You know, a couple we weeks ago when we were all just talking about this, and planning everything out, I was thinking that I really like how Jane did the trip around the world color placements with her blocks..... I felt that it would be too hard to add THAT to the other list of things to keep track of in this project.

BUT it's turned out that it's really easy, actually. I just look at the cover photo of the DJ Software and see what color the block is on there. Zero thinking at all. Jane's M8 is blue, so mine is too. Her K9 is red... mine is too! Her I9 is pink... I'm about to cut into some pink fabric to make it.

Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who was thinking it would be too hard to do that, like I was. :D

I'm LOVING this project and this group!!!!!!!!!!

brilliant!!!!

it was there, right before our eyes.

BlueChicken 12-30-2009 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

Originally Posted by bebe
Klue have fun in RI.
Will you be available for questions???? :-D :-D :-D :-D

turns out we didn't go.

they have special needs children and the event was taking place in the home because of this.

turns out one of the children has become rather sick so they cancelled everything.

Oh no! We were supposed to go away yesterday but one of ours got sick so we cancelled. I'm kinda relieved to be honest, while it's nice to go on holiday sometimes it's just nice to stay at home.

savannahs_nana 12-30-2009 01:37 PM

Brazen - thanks for the tip on the trip around the world color placement - that certainly will make it easier to pick the fabrics. I have been going thru the software but still waiting for some of my fabric before I can start

Maribeth 12-30-2009 01:48 PM

Kelly, please take my name off of the DJ list. I don't think I will be able to keep pace with y'all at this time. I received a few more orders for memory pillows and another quilt or maybe two (when I priced it out for this friend of a friend she said she would need to think about it before making deposit) and I need to finish most of these by the end of January. May try to follow-up with you then. Will still be reading to see all you have done. Take Care, Maribeth

b.zang 12-30-2009 02:27 PM

So, a long time has gone by that this post has obviously been landing in front of me yet I hadn't noticed it. Probably thinking it was the swaps which I wan't part of.
Anyhow, it's too late now to keep pace with you, but I want to say that I'll be following along as closely as possible. The CWR look doesn't excite me, but I LOVE some of the plans here and can see myself taking this on.
Lurker here!!

BlueChicken 12-30-2009 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
So, a long time has gone by that this post has obviously been landing in front of me yet I hadn't noticed it. Probably thinking it was the swaps which I wan't part of.
Anyhow, it's too late now to keep pace with you, but I want to say that I'll be following along as closely as possible. The CWR look doesn't excite me, but I LOVE some of the plans here and can see myself taking this on.
Lurker here!!

It actually doesn't start till the 4th of January, klue is just making sure it's all ready to go before that date. So, plenty of time to join in still! ;-)

And there's no pressure to keep up either, although there is a large incentive by way of a fabric prize drawn every six weeks or so. But there's no reason you can't pick just one or two blocks out of each schedule to do if you want to join in. It's going to be a lot of fun, and an awesome thing to be a part of. :-)