Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 11-10-2009 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
well i am enjoying the free time i have and the ability to possibly travel with DH if he wants to and now add to that the great joy i have now that i have found all you you my wonderful new friends.

life is beautiful

luvmortherest 11-10-2009 09:10 PM

yes it is

sandpat 11-11-2009 06:29 AM

We're so glad you found us too, but your beautiful speedy work has caused me to leave drool stains all over my monitor :D

Mamaskeeto 11-11-2009 06:53 AM

Okay, I'm thinking I need to do a test run of a triangle block. I have the software which I am learning to use. My quest is what is the finished size of the triangle square if I am doing the 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 fishined size block. I believe I believe I read on one of the threads that it is 5" x 8" finished size. Does anyone one know if this is correct? Thanks

bearisgray 11-11-2009 07:01 AM

I think there are 1/2 inch (finished size) sashing strips between the blocks and a 1/4 inch edge all the way around the outside edge.

Paraphrased from page 14 of the Dear Jane book.

kluedesigns 11-11-2009 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
Okay, I'm thinking I need to do a test run of a triangle block. I have the software which I am learning to use. My quest is what is the finished size of the triangle square if I am doing the 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 fishined size block. I believe I believe I read on one of the threads that it is 5" x 8" finished size. Does anyone one know if this is correct? Thanks

in the software you would make sure it says the finished size is 5 x 8.

if you go from a block to a triangle it will carry over the 4.5 size so you have to make sure to correct it.

Mamaskeeto 11-11-2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

if you go from a block to a triangle it will carry over the 4.5 size so you have to make sure to correct it.

Thanks, now just need to get some practice time in.

kluedesigns 11-11-2009 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

Thanks, now just need to get some practice time in.

thats the harder part, changing the size and hitting print is easy :lol:

bebe 11-11-2009 04:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Klue his is our mascot. I found "Dear Jane" one Saturday when I was going to my Dear Jane Group. Brenda use to come and sit and sew with us and then she disappeared. The group fizzled down but Jane and I are still together.

kluedesigns 11-11-2009 04:20 PM

he's such a cutie!!

i love tuxedo cats