Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 December 2011 House BOM picture's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-december-2011-house-bom-pictures-t170486.html)

mimiknoxtaylor 12-14-2011 08:48 AM

DeeCee, Your December block is just adorable!

Irene V 12-14-2011 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my December block. This gingerbread house ended up different from the block we were given. I just kept making changes and adding things and here it is.

Jeanine 12-14-2011 09:56 AM

Irene: what a great idea! love those applique goodies. Great job.

Deecee 12-14-2011 11:42 AM

Love it Irene - what a scrumptious gingerbread house.

Crlyn 12-14-2011 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Irene V (Post 4780999)
Here is my December block. This gingerbread house ended up different from the block we were given. I just kept making changes and adding things and here it is.

How cute Irene, I like your version!

SulaBug 12-14-2011 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Irene V (Post 4780999)

What a darling Gingerbread House!! :D You had some great idea's & your block shows it. It's always so amazing to see how each person's blocks turns out like. They are all wonderful.
:D :D :D :D

whitepine 12-15-2011 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 4780796)
Thank you WhitePine! I had not seen that one in my search for houses. Probably because it does not contain the words "house" or "cabin" !! Good find! It's a great pattern.

Hi Nicky, I read in another thread that you found some other blocks too. What others did you find? Can't wait to see your collection.

rwquilts 12-15-2011 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cute, cute block Irene!

I have finally finished my 2011 blocks! Yea! I changed October's block to something that I could paper piece, although I did love that selection, but just didn't want to do any applique...lazy me! I will put flying geese and other blocks for dividers and such and hopefully get the top finished soon...my DH loves these blocks more than others I've made, so guess I'll have to finish it up and give it to him! Thanks for looking!

Jeanine 12-15-2011 03:00 PM

rwquilts:
I agree with your husband - it really does look nice together! He'll be one lucky man if you give it to him.

SulaBug 12-15-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 4784172)
Cute, cute block Irene!

I have finally finished my 2011 blocks! Yea! I changed October's block to something that I could paper piece, although I did love that selection, but just didn't want to do any applique...lazy me! I will put flying geese and other blocks for dividers and such and hopefully get the top finished soon...my DH loves these blocks more than others I've made, so guess I'll have to finish it up and give it to him! Thanks for looking!

WOW!! :D Am I impressed or what? :D Your blocks turned out wonderfully, even my husband likes you blocks too. I hope you will share with us a picture of your finsihed quilt when it's done. Nice work.
:D :D :D :D