Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 December 2011 House BOM picture's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-december-2011-house-bom-pictures-t170486.html)

nickylsf 07-30-2012 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5403926)
OMG, Nicky, that's amazing! So creative. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. OK now I'm embarrassed to post mine but here's the simple version of the blocks. I still have another border to put on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352301[/ATTACH]

WhitePine, I love your quilt. The only reason I added so many blocks is that I needed it much bigger. Yours is gorgeous and all the blocks go together so well.

SulaBug 07-30-2012 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 5403427)
I don't usually like to post unfinished quilts, but since you insist, Whitepine, here is a photo of my Virtual Houses quilt! The real thing, entitled "Gimme Shelter" is at the LAQ right now.

All I can say is, Oh My Goodness...........it's just gorgeous!! I love what you have done with your border all the way around it. It makes me look so far behind, but what an inspiration for me to get busy again!! :D I can't thank you enough for sharing with all of us. I have to say this is my most favortie quilt top project of all time & I can't wait to get mine put together. Thank you everyone for the wonderful inspiration that you have given to all of us!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 07-30-2012 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5403926)
OMG, Nicky, that's amazing! So creative. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. OK now I'm embarrassed to post mine but here's the simple version of the blocks. I still have another border to put on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352301[/ATTACH]

Whitepine.........WOW!! :D Your house quilt top has turned out just as gorgeous as Nicky's & I LOVE IT too!! :D You girls have so impressed me so much, that I just want to get into my sewing room right now & start getting mine put together. I am currently working on two mystery tops that are almost done, then for sure I will be working on mine. Wonderful work Whitepine, thank you so much for sharing.

nickylsf 08-15-2012 09:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok, ladies, here are a few pics of the finished quilt! I will be entering it in our two local quilt shows, put on by the Sierra Quilt Guild in Sonora and the Independence Hall Quilters in Arnold. I am so pleased that is is finally done!

sue z q 08-15-2012 09:43 AM

So cute. Wish I'd stayed with that year's BOM. Made the first 3 and quit :( Good luck at the quilt shows!

Jeanine 08-15-2012 09:46 AM

Nicky: What can I say other than "Oh wow" Amazing

mimiknoxtaylor 08-15-2012 12:18 PM

Nicky, Hope you win! You're much more creative than me!

hobbykat1955 08-15-2012 01:27 PM

Gorgeous...I'm putting mine together now and you have inspired me to make some changes and add ons...

huntersgrammie 08-15-2012 05:20 PM

nicky its beautiful congrats on a job well done and good luck with the competitions let us know how you do

whitepine 08-16-2012 12:43 PM

Nicky, Very cool!! I love the tree beside the castle. Did you find a pattern for that one? Also love the mountains. I think I can even design that myself and use as corners in my last border. A 'must' since we have so many mountains around here.